Old 08-27-2016, 09:09 AM   #1  

Default Getting started questions

Hi all,
I'm new and introduced myself as a reply to someone 's thread accidentally. I want to be active in the group just not sure how. I'd love to get a start although my body doesn't seem to be in agreement. I've been eating like a slob and can't seem to stop. So what is the weigh in? I know that sounds stupid but do you all weigh every day or post once a week? I think it's a good accountability method. How are you all keeping track or staying motivated? I really find it hard to write everything down yadda yadda. Whether paper or online. Anyone?
Juicy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hi and welcome.

If you are having trouble getting started with weight loss you could try taking it slowly, not trying to change a lot of things all at once. That way you won't feel too deprived and fall back into bad habits. Look at what you're eating and the stuff you already like that's actually healthy and start introducing more of that into your diet while at the same time easing off of something you consider junk. If you have a problem with sugar try using smaller and smaller amounts, or if you buy a lot of pre-made meals and desserts try to make more of your own so that you have more control of the amount of salt, sugar, fats, starch, etc. and the quality of the ingredients used.

The weigh in thread is for people who like to weigh themselves regularly to keep on track. You can chart your weight daily or once a week or whenever you can. Just set a goal you'd like to reach by the end of the month and work towards it. Anything else you want to share, like if you're struggling with something or you have a non-scale victory or you're doing really well, you can share that too. If you'd rather not weigh in regularly but would rather just chat with others about what's been going on in each other's lives and weight loss journeys for the month, you could also start up a monthly chat thread. I don't think I've seen one of those here in a while.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote