Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-24-2016, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Default Second time's the charm?

Hi! I'm a returning member of the site. I'm 24 years old. I graduated in December with a bachelor's degree in accounting and now I work at PricewaterhouseCoopers as a tax associate. I live in the downtown of a northern CA big city.

I'm sad to say that I've regained weight. Almost two years ago I was 191 lbs and I felt so much happier. I'm still not sure what changed but around the holidays I hopped off of the healthy eating bandwagon and now I've ballooned to 227lbs....not my highest weight (245lbs) but enough to feel ashamed. I feel so frustrated and every week it seems like I'm telling myself, and my roommate who I constantly vent to, "This is the week for change!". Then I go a few days into dieting and because I don't see instant results I feel discouraged and I give up until motivation strikes again. I know that it takes time to see results, since I've gone through this before. I just can't let go of the thought that I could have been at my weight goal by now and I'm so angry with myself. I really hope things stick this time.

I've gone back to my original weight loss plan via weight watchers and I'm trying to find another weight loss buddy in my circle of friends. Having one was so helpful the first time, I'm a naturally competitive person so I low-key competed with her to see who could lose more weight...lol. Sadly she's in the same boat as me but hasn't decided to start losing weight again yet. I'm also using the gym at the company I work for and I live close enough to my job to walk to and from work everyday. I know I can do it this time, I just need to stop giving in to so many cravings...(darn you Chinese food and ice cream!)

Anyway, I look forward to chatting with you all and reading your posts. Good luck to everyone on their journey!
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm hoping second time around is the charm as well.

Just continue your journey on your own, and I bet your buddy will want back on the wagon soon enough. We all have a little competitive streak in us.

It is hard sometimes not to see immediate results, but we didn't get fat overnight, so we've got to stick with it over the long haul. Glad to have you back!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the warm welcome! I woke up today feeling more motivated than ever! I'm hoping this means my changes will stick this time. I've planned a cheat meal with some friends on Sunday. We're getting mani-pedis and then going to lunch. I'm working really hard during the week so I can 'earn the meal' so to speak. Cheat meals used to motivate me a bit in the past so I'm hoping they work for me this time.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote