Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-15-2016, 11:59 PM   #1  

Default Greetings and Salutations everyone

G’day everyone,

I am new to this forum as I need to surround myself with those in a similar situation and where I live there are no OA meetings so I am hoping to build a foundation of knowledge from reading your posts here as what I have been doing so far doesn’t appear to be working.

My counsellor suggested I try OA meeting which I found quite confronting cause it made me feel powerless to my weight and eating habits, and I always fooled myself that I was just always ‘in a mood’ when I ate bad, etc but I now know it goes much deeper.

I have lost about 7 kilos since the start of the year, but it hasn’t been done in a healthy and stable way – mostly gone to extremes and then I binge, so I am trying to cut out white flour, refined sugars, soft drink, white bread and pasta and coffee (As I have 2 sugars) and I can do it sporadically okay but usually then find myself rewarding myself for my good work WITH the food / drink I am not meant to have, and the cycle starts again.

So I look forward to getting to read everyone’s post and hear about their stories and progress!

Thanks for having me,

NahNah80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228/218/145

Height: 5'7''

Default Hi

Hi, welcome I am new to this too and when I read your post it sounded so much like me. And I think we can help each other keep on track.

I also wanted to ask what is OA?
Ana C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:35 PM   #3  

Hi there! OA is overeaters anonymous... Whilst I don't have an eating disorder in the sense I only eat in hiding, or I throw up food etc I have an unhealthy relationship with food in that all my life I used to food to cheer me up when I was sad, happy, upset, confused, anxious, etc etc... So my counselor thought going to OA would help me be around others similar to me and ask them questions and hear their stories etc.

How are you going with your progress?
NahNah80 is offline   Reply With Quote