Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-15-2016, 06:56 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat August 15 - August 21

I continue as the standard home handyman - a title that's not that sarcastic. But I seem to be fairly good at it as long as I don't deduct points for taking a long, long time.

Eating while driving this weekend was good; I brought baby carrots for my main nibbles. It's good to remember that in the olden days I brought Oreo cookies.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Bill "If the ladies don't find you handsome at least make sure they find you handy" or words to that effect from Red Green (the guy on the right in the photo)

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/tvba...23_b_v8_ab.jpg

My DH is exactly the same as you - good at all the handyman stuff but slow and meticulous. That's a good thing!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

My dh is good if I can ever get him started..... but then when he's home, we like to spend time together and the home stuff gets put on the back burner usually.

Hope you're surviving, Dagmar!

First day with kids at school today. I worked last week but no kiddos.

I'm on antibiotics for an ear infection and they are wrecking my stomach. I usually don't have an issue. Just hoping I can stick with them for the full course-- just a few more days.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #4  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Mlchele - don't antibiotics make some people retain water? = "weight gain".
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

DH and I decided to buy a new car. Last August, we bought a used Porsche and DH has been looking at the new models. Saturday, we went to the dealership and he test drove it. We thought it over and called the dealership this morning to buy it. We probably won't take it home until we return from vacation as we want to have CilaJet applied to it.

We leave tomorrow for our week-long trip to see friends and family. We're looking forward to the relaxation.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I'm the "handyman" in our house. I seem to have the same problems with putting repairs off as some of you gals' husbands.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:41 AM   #7  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I do the DIY here. It takes time to make the time.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

What is CilaJet, Allison? I saw the car on facebook.... LOOKS AMAZING! Have fun on your trip!

Haven't heard anything about antibiotics causing weight gain and I gained most of it before them. Weight up a tad today but had a pretty large and late dinner and lifted weights yesterday so not surprised.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

CilaJet is some sort of protectant (think 3M type stuff) for the interior and exterior of the car. I had it on my first Jag and it really saved me one day. DS and I were shopping and we came out and someone had door-dinged me. REALLY BAD! I'm talking a 12-inch by 18-inch square of white paint all over the door of my bright red Jaguar. I almost cried. I took it home and DH remembered we had had the CilaJet applied. That white paint brushed off as if it were chalk and it didn't even dent. Totally worth the price IMO.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote