Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-02-2016, 08:36 PM   #1  

Default Im back after long absence

I am returning after regaining 30 plus pounds back. This site was amazing and I was so successful. However I was in a car accident, lost my job and ability to return to my construction business. Fortunately..or unfortunately I am a successful pastry chef now (and I dont even sample..much) I run a tea room.

But not being active as much, I have gained all of it back and it is difficult to get back on track without moral support. I try to stay away from gluten but it is sugar that is the enemy...in fruit and juices. Just looking to get back on track...again.
singnfatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:54 PM   #2  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Gotta be tough to lose while surrounded by pastries!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:59 AM   #3  

Thank you for responding. Staying away from the pastries is not an issue for the most part. I have a commercial kitchen and anything in the freezers/fridge/pantry is "inventory". The only time I taste test is to make sure the texture and taste are top quality (ie new receipt). I have friends and neighbours who will taste for me.

There is a government grant program that I have recently signed into and hoping this is legitimate. It offers a creditable health clinic and there is 80% return on expenses awarded only at the time of the end of the date of weight loss achieved My first appointment is this week and hoping the program is as stated. I will commit to loosing 25 + lbs in six months. Seems realistic as I have achieved that in three months (but that was four years ago...before accident).

I lost almost one inch on my right leg after the accident and that makes it challenging to walk. Possibility of creating damage to foot and hip at this time...but I havent given up walking yet...just not long walks. At this time I am waiting to get in to be fitted for an orthodic shoe/shoe lift.
singnfatlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

back! Sorry about the struggles you've had, but good for you with getting started in a whole new career. Aside from the early mornings, I'd love to be a pastry chef. I love baking. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:57 PM   #5  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by singnfatlady View Post

I lost almost one inch on my right leg after the accident and that makes it challenging to walk. Possibility of creating damage to foot and hip at this time...but I havent given up walking yet...just not long walks. At this time I am waiting to get in to be fitted for an orthodic shoe/shoe lift.
Wow! That's a lot to go through. I can only imagine. Would love to visit your tea room. I love doing stuff like that. We live in the Annapolis, MD area and I try to go with friends for "high tea" periodically.

There is an exercise I like to do when my back is acting up and I am unable to move much...I bought an 8lb. weight (you could buy whatever weight works for you)...I lay on my back with the weight being held by both hands over my head...I keep 1 leg flat on the bed and lift 1 up as I am bringing the weight held by both hands to touch the foot on the lifted leg. I alternate legs and get a complete body workout. I wish you the best in your struggles.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #6  
Annie

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! Welcome! God bless and good luck sweetie
NightowlAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote