Weight Loss Support - Time for Serious Fun #22

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #22

gma22
08-26-2003, 06:04 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #22

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL DECEMBER 31ST. TO LOSE 30 LBS BY THEN.

gma22
08-26-2003, 06:12 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and this week we are going to target the scale! Many times we will bounce around a lot and that does not mean we are not doing a good job on our program. Try to not focus so much on what the scale reads except once a week. You become obsessed with it and then feel like a failure when you don't see day to day results.

I GET A: :bravo: and :barbell: for exercise.

Ok girlies, I am going to give it the old college try. I have decided to go ahead and enter the walk and try as hard as I can. No matter whether I can finish it or not, it is still an accomplishment that I want to conquer. Thanks for encouraging me.

Be back later when the rest of the world gets up!

Faye;)

Mirabelly
08-26-2003, 09:16 AM
Good for you, Faye!! We're all proud of you for doing this walk :strong: :cp: :cp: :bravo: :dancer: You've accomplished so much, I know you can do it!

I've got another 4 point day yesterday. :)

Lots to do....lots to do.....kids meet their teachers today and then go back to school tomorrow! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Guess everyone is still asleep......stay strong today gals.

Oh, Pam, I'm really proud of you too........you're just steamrolling through those workouts! I can tell you feel better about yourself just from your posts! :bravo:

Gotta sew!
Julie

pjkdreamer
08-26-2003, 09:58 AM
Hello Girls,

Up and at em'.....earrrrrrly this am. Got up at 5:45a and headed over here to Decatur to mom's house. It was a bit foggy this morning and a soft dew was on the ground, the sun was a brilliant orange ball.....just breathtaking. A peaceful ride, despite the cars zooming around me like bats out of ****. I just put in my Jim Brickman CD, and chilled!!! I will spend all of today and tonight here and then head back home late tomorrow afternoon....look out! A great shower is in my near future!!!! They have the best water pressure here!! Talk about getting revived:D :D

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for exercise and 1 pt for water. Going to do that 2 mile walk in just a little while. My oldest neice will be:jig: right there beside me:)

Mirabelly, bet the kids are not nearly as excited about going back to school as you are to have them go!!!:lol: :lol: Have a great day!

Faye, you are my hero!!!! "Going for that gold", and you are right just the fact that you are attempting it and will do your best is an accomplishment in and of itself.

Tuesday's Target....? since I do not weigh even weekly cant really participate....guess it is a good thing that I dont have one in the house, I would probably be obsessed if I did:s:

Well chickies, gotta run...catch you later:wave:

gma22
08-26-2003, 10:13 AM
Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for your exercise challenge!

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for your exercise challenge!

Girls, you are really making me encouraged with this walk. I even am making a sweatshirt. I am going to try and post the pics of what it will be front and back, but I don't know if I can. I decided since it was this thread that is helping me out, it is this thread that I am going to wear on my back!

Faye:)

gma22
08-26-2003, 10:14 AM
I have never been able to figure out how to put more than one pic on your post so here is the back of the sweatshirt! Thanks for allowing me to do this!

Faye

mugirl213
08-26-2003, 10:20 AM
Hi girls.

Faye - I am glad to hear about your decision to do the walk. I think that is just fabulous! You will do great!

I got all 4 points for yesterday, I met with a trainer at the gym to change my workout routine, so that was kinda cool. Helps me to spice things up a bit.

Just wondering...does anyone else have a hard time doing a cardio workout? I have been going at doing 30 minutes on the crosstrainer (kinda like a gazelle) but lately it's been hard doin'. I get super bored when I am doing my cardio workout...I've trid headphones, and my new thing of reading a magazine works ok, but I get a little motion sick. LOL

Anyway, so far my weight from the weekend seems to be staying off. However, i am gonna try hard to weigh once a week. I definitely feel myself getting a little psychotic about it.

gma22
08-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Missy: YOU GET A: :bravo: and a :barbell: for the exercise challenge! As far as cardio goes, I do about half hour in the pool and not get winded at all but that is because the pool makes you "weigh" less. I can only do 15 on the glider though like I said it is because my feet start hurting so bad. I do that 3 times a day though along with the pool. Once the pool is closed as long as it stays nice, I am going to walk too so I can get ready for my walk in Oct. I did 2.4 miles a didn't even get winded which is great since is was up hill coming and going part way each way, but I need to see if I can work up to 5 before than. I only have about 5 weeks. YOU are doing a great job and since I watch a program I really want to see while doing the glider, I can't help you out about the boredom part! :lol:

Well, gotta go the pool is calling!

Mirabelly
08-26-2003, 01:44 PM
Missy, try listening to books on tape! You get to engage your brain a little more than music, but don't get motion sickness.

Faye, I love the t-shirt!

Julie

mugirl213
08-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Julie - That is a great idea! I will have to try that!!

Faye - I couldn't see the shirt...not sure what was up.

Satine
08-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Sorry I have been MIA for the past couple of days, have been really busy...
The weekend was pretty much a wash but didnt seem to put on any weight from it, maybe half a pound... I didnt go too too crazy...but yesterday got 3 points, didnt exercise but will today...

Faye - LOVe the shirt...the design is really cool....just do your best with the walk....you can do it....we will all be cheering you on! :)

Missy - I too get really bored with cardio, especially anything with a bike motion...I find watching TV ( at my last gym they had MTV on a huge screen, it was great ! ) works the best for me....

Pam - You go Girl....!!!!! Enjoy that great water pressure, but not too much :s: Just kidding....

Mirabelly - Enjoy the quiet tomorrow!

Everybody have a great afternoon!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Honeyrose29
08-26-2003, 03:53 PM
HI everyone.

I got all 4 pts yesterday! :cb:

Unfortunately I pulled something in my back in the process. Boy does it hurt. I will have to tame down the exercise until it heals. I am just miserable sitting, laying, walking.. doesnt matter. If I dont see an improvement soon, I just may have to call the Dr.

Tomorrow is the first day of school here as well. And 4 of my 5 are in! The only one at home is my 3 yr old. What peace it will be. I cannot wait!!! Today is meet the teacher day (kids call it meet the creature day :lol: ) so we will have to leave for that in a little while.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Ive been so busy that my head spins! check in laterzzzzz

gma22
08-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Missy: Did you click on the word t-shirt? It is coming up an attachment instead of posting because it is a word document. It is just the design for the front and back not an actual t-shirt. Julie had an excellent idea and I am an audio book lover and never even thought of it. That is a great idea.

Carri: YOU GET A: :cp: for points.

I got my clothes today and they FIT!!!!! I was expecting all of the pants to be too tight and some are more snug than I like, but none of them are skin tight. I am not used to wearing clothing that is not baggy. I guess I should get used to it, HUH? :lol:

Well, I just peeked in. I have to get my last glider workout in. It must be working cause my upper butt muscles are spasming! :lol:
Ever had a charlie horse in your butt? :lol: :lol:

Satine
08-26-2003, 03:56 PM
Debbie - when I pulled my back the last time ( and I know it hurts like **** ), my pharmacist actually told me to take two Alieve every 8-12 hours and I was very surprised at how much that helped...
so you might try it...nothing will take it away completely, unfortunately it just has to work itself out, but the Alieve will take the edge off so you can get around....sitting or laying is the worst for it, you have to move it around....hope this helps...hope it feels better...I was just there and I feel for you....

Satine
08-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Faye - when I exercise my whole butt is one big Charlie Horse!!
ha!

gma22
08-26-2003, 05:18 PM
Debbie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and I think you deserve not only your :barbell: for exercise, but a HUGE :cp: :cp: for juggling 5 children! Way to go girl and take care of the back. I always take an anti-inflammatory like Aleve, or Ibuprohen and my handy dandy Icy HOt or Ben Gay or something like that. It always does the trick for me.

Have a good evening girls!

Faye

gma22
08-27-2003, 03:40 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Time to unload on what is bothering you or what you need help with!

I was dog tired last night and fell asleep on the bed about 7 PM so woke up at midnight wide awake when I went to the bathroom so here I am at 1:30 posting for the beginnng of the day!

I GOT A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for the challenge.

Jack liked my clothes and goofy me got all weepy hanging them up over being able to get into a new size.

Ladies, I will check in later when everyone who has any brains is up and around !:lol:

Mirabelly
08-27-2003, 08:49 AM
Morning all,
First day of school !! WOO HOO :cb: Kids were up easy and are now ready wayyy before it's time to go. I transport them to and from school, so I actually have to get dressed too.

Yesterday just blew by and before I knew it I was lying in bed thinking "damn! I forgot to exercise.........." Oh well, 2 pts for op and 1 for water. Guess it goes to show that I must do it early, or it's not gonna get done.

Well, gotta go. I hope everyone is having a good week.
Julie

pjkdreamer
08-27-2003, 09:15 AM
Morning Ladies,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for exercise, 1pt for water, and 2 program pts.

Faye, congrats on the new clothes, you will be stylin' ;)

Mirabelly, I'll bet you just love it when it is back to school time, more of a routine for mom, more stability! I admire all you chickies with chilrens'! :D

Satine, I just :lol: :lol: when I saw your interjection about the Charlie Horse in your butt!!! Me too. My buttocks feels a little lighter, but it is spreading out! I sit at the :comp: all day at work, and I have been there going on 3 yrs now, so needless to say I have a "WIDE LOAD", TOO MUCH JUNK IN THE TRUNK! NOT LIKE JENNIFER LOPEZ THOUGH :( WOULDN'T THAT BE FAB TO HAVE HER FANNY! BET THAT THING IS INSURED!!!:D but I will keep :jig: :strong: and who knows one day I may :dance: like that...couldn't you just hear the headlines now, "A WOMAN WHO USE TO WEIGH IN AT A WHOPPING 356 LBS. GIVES JLO A RUN FOR HER $.....MORE NEWS AT 11:00A " No, seriously, I may never have a derrier like Jlo's, I may never have a "Ben Affleck on my arm", but I am damn sure going to be healthy!!!!;)

well Chickies, gotta go!! check in on you all later

gma22
08-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Julie: YOU GET A: :cp: for points and a :fr: for forgetting your exercise! :lol: :wave: :wave: children, have a great day! Mom is thrilled...

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. I ended up having to put Ben Gay on my behind last night. I was not kidding about the charlie horses. That is kind of what they are like in the upper muscle of my tush. They like spasm and I know it is from the glider and will pass, but when you are walking and all of a sudden one hits, whooeee that stops you dead in your tracks. I will be happy just to have a normal SIZE butt who cares about perky, right? :lol: :lol:

My dh's paycheck is gonna zip out of that bank so fast tomorrow. Sheesh! $152 for ice show tickets, $63 for a pet car seat for next month (so my baby can ride in the car and see out the window), $75 for more contacts, $220 for doggie shots and exam (time of the year again), $104 for car tags due by the end of the month (Jack is getting them today), and then pay the darn bills and buy groceries! Good thing I put the clothes on deferred payment, huh? :lol: :lol:

Please say a little prayer for the Knox family from here in Memphis. Their little girl Tyra disappeared on Saturday and the donut eating dumb *** police here didn't put out an Amber alert for some reason. Monday night the owner of the vacant house across the street from Tyra's found her little pink bike against the carport and said it was not there on Sunday when he checked on the house. The police found a little girl's body in the attic of the house, but have not positively identified it AND the nutcase that lived in the house until recently walked away from the suicide section of St Francis last night and disappeared after checking himself in the night before! I am so mad and so agrieved for those parents! Thanks ladies I know the family would appreciate it!

Satine
08-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Morning Ladies -

Faye - I will be praying for that family, that is horrible, just horrible...it is always hard for me to believe that there is such evil in the world...so many people hurting innocent children, it is just sickening....

Pam - funny about the JLo thing....hey we will get our own great looking butts one day....and like you said it may not be as good as hers ( although frankly I dont see the hype, its big, its a butt
c'mon... ) but we will be so proud of it!!! Wont we???? :)

I was OP yesterday and got my exercise, but didnt get all my water in, just couldnt drink it all...besides I am a little confused on how much I should be drinking anyhow...any help in that direction I would appreciate it...

Oh my Weds woes is this ... about a year or so ago I noticed my hair starting to thin on top...it has progressively gotten worse and now I am going to a dermatologist next week...I am fairly depressed over this and hope it is something that can be reversed however I am not that hopeful....my scalp and forehead
are itchy alot...but I dont know if that has anything to do with the other....its like bam! Not only are you overweight and having to deal with that ( in the publics eyes ) but now you are going to go bald! I dont know.......

Have a good morning all....

gma22
08-27-2003, 01:04 PM
Carri: Hope you find out what is causing the loss. It is probably something chemical and keep fixed. We will keep our :crossed: for you.

**This is what the online newspaper had just a second ago when I checked for an update on the little girl.**

Police identify child's body as that of missing girl
Child's death ruled a homicide

Damn! Those poor parents. I cannot even fathom losing a child in this manner. Please just take a moment out of your day to thank God your kids are safe and a little prayer for her parents and grandparents at this time!

Faye

mugirl213
08-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Things like that really put your life into perspective. I'm sorry to hear about that family's loss. :(

I am having an OK day. I just found out my car's powertrain warranty expires on 9/9 and my steering like squeals when my car sits in the sun or cold for a long time. just a few minutes, but that can't be good. They fixed my whole power steering system last october and stole like $1000 from me, so that's why I've been putting off going back. BUT, if there is a chance that it's covered, I need to go back. Only problem is, I leave for vaca on Sunday and then i don't get back until the following Sunday, 9/7...so I either have to squeeze it in this week or the week I get back. Grrr. LOL

That's my gripe.

Yesterday, I was on track for 4 points, but had a little binging episode last nite. So I get 1 for exercise, 1 for water. None for plan. :(

Tonight I'm going to the gym for my upper body workout, so that should be good. I'm not having a good food day so far as someone put out a cup of sour skittles and I've been eating them all morning.

gma22
08-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Missy: YOU GET A: :high: for points. Missy, I want you to think about last night in your head. Now before you started binging, what were you thinking about? Were you thinking just that you thought you were hungry or was it something else? When you ate the first thing, whatever it was, what made you go to the next thing, again was it hunger or was your heading saying something else?

Well my lovely cat, tore out a hunk of the ceiling above the fridge! It is a mess. It is going to have to be replastered and painted and the cabinets below it repainted too! We had a leak from our toilet tank that dripped through the ceiling and softened it just enough and for some reason HE has been digging at it! What a mess!

I gave my dog a bath just now so I am sop and wet. I have him professionally groomed, but it costs $40 bucks so I bath him myself inbetween grooming and he has to go to the doctors tomorrow.

I have kind of been in a funk today. I think I am just tired though from getting up at 1 AM. It is too late for a nap and I would have to put Jack's dinner in the oven in about an hour so that squelches that anyway. I still have one more round on the glider too and I want to get that done before dh gets home.

I am wearing my new palazzo pantsuit tomorrow so I will be sure and take a pic. I am a scarf freak and have this cute coral scarf that will go with it that I think I will wear. It will make a good August pic for my scrapbook too.

Better go and get the last glider workout in.

pjkdreamer
08-27-2003, 04:47 PM
hello ladies,

I have been attempting, UNSUCCESSFULLY I MIGHT ADD TO INSERT AN IMAGE HERE, MY PICTURE, HELP!!!!! CANT GET IT SMALLER, SAYS IMAGE IS TOO BIG?? IMAGINE THAT??? TO MANY BYTES THEY SAY, NO IT IS TOOOO MANY BITES!!!!:lol: If anyone can make my computer illiterate mind wrap around the concept of resizing pics I would be most grateful.

thanks! :?:

gma22
08-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Pam: What software program do you use for your pictures? I use something called Photo Express and it has a way to resize your pics. Pics here can be no more than 500 x 500. I have a something on my task bar called photo and when you click on it there is a resize option and I just go in and resize by percentage than get back out and go back in again and see where I am as far as pixels are concerned. When I get it to 500 x 500 then it will fit.

Faye

mugirl213
08-27-2003, 06:28 PM
Faye - OK it went like this...I was good all day, this damn taffy kept tempting me, but I only had one piece...then I got home, ate dinner and saw my mom had made banana nut bread. So I cut about a 1 1/2- to 2-in. thick piece. I ate it, and even while I was eating it, I thought about how I wanted more. So I finished it, thought about it a few minutes, and then I went and ate another piece...and while i was eating THAT piece, I was still thinking about the piece left....and just thought to myself that "if I eat it, it will be gone and it won't tempt me." So then I ate it, but before I thought about the banana bread, I was thinking about having a skinny cow bar...so after I was done with over half of the banana bread loaf, I ate one skinny cow...then I was like..mmm, originally I alotted for 2 skinny cows....so I'll eat another one. Even though I had ALREADY had the banana bread. Then I had this chocoolatey taste in my mouth, so I ate like a bunch of grapes (not bad for you), but still.

And even as I was eating, I felt like I had an upset stomach and that I was slightly full, but I kinda just kept eating, I wanted the taste and the sweetness.

It's almost like I need to eat something sweet after every meal. Here at work I bring pineapple cups, applesauce, things like that...but ath ome, I always reach for the junk.

When I was in high school...I weighed 120lbs. and every morning I ate cake, cookies or some sort of pastry for breakfast. And I stayed 120lbs...now I'm just like obsessed and all I can think about is gaining back that weight I lost last weekend.

gma22
08-27-2003, 08:38 PM
Missy: Ok, Kiddo, you need to conquer this binging thing once and for all. One of THE absolute toughest things to do is to WALK AWAY! Hunger is one thing, binging is another and you were binging and I know you know that. Your family can't be held hostage by your food needs and YOU are going to have to be the one to walk away. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE, THE FOOD OR THE WEIGHT LOSS? WHICH WILL REALLY MAKE YOU HAPPY? Next time you start this cycle YOU MUST BREAK IT! ONLY YOU CAN DO SO AND ONCE YOU BREAK IT, IT GETS EASIER THE NEXT TIME AND THEN THE NEXT. I want you to remember this like I am shouting it in your ear standing next to you the next time you start to binge, "which do I want more the food or the weight loss?" Then whatever you are eating, destroy, in the disposal mangled in the trash drizzled with oil whatever to make it unedible then WALK AWAY FROM IT AS FAST AS YOU CAN! If you ever want to break yourself of this, you are going to have to learn to walk away! You have the inner strength to do this I know you can!

mugirl213
08-27-2003, 09:37 PM
I just love you Faye. :)

So far I am at 1038 calories for the day. That leaves me with approximately 300 left to go. I had a small Skittles incident at work today and didn't realize how many freaking calories THEY had...so I was at the gym until late tonight and had a big salad my swwweeeet mommy had nicely prepared for me and that has nicely filled me up.

I'm thinking about more of that damn banana nut bread...lol...but I think I'm gonna take a shower...and then maybe have an ice cream sandwich (150 cal. sandwich)

THanks faye! Hugs

gma22
08-28-2003, 06:00 AM
THURSDAY: Time for US Thursday. What better thing can we do for ourselves but to pamper us once in awhile!

Missy: I love you kiddo and I know how hard it is, remember? I have binged too and I know that you just HAVE to tough it out! I know you did fine yesterday. I just know it without even seeing your points because you want it so much!

I GET A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for the challenge. WooHOO! I am OP again!

Well, I ordered the dog's car seat and my contacts and ticketmaster is doing maintenance so I have to wait for that. All in all, I am going top speed this AM already though I am bone tired.

Check in later girlies!

pjkdreamer
08-28-2003, 09:32 AM
Good Morning,

Pts for yesterday 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water, and 1pt for exercise.

Faye, 4 am!!!! man you are up and at em' early this morning! DO you always wake up so early? seems like I have seen you on here in the wee hours too, whats up? too much energy? :dizzy:

Missy, I completely understand about the binges!! there is no rationale at all, it's just like you are "out of your mind"..or something, it just takes over and you lose all of your senses! :devil: except the one that is telling you "feed me, feed me, feed me"! I have been there so many times in my life, standing next to the refrigerator, eating cold food out of bowls!!!, just shoveling in like there was no tomorrow.....eating entire bags of chips in one sitting, just craziness!! and chocolate, man did I ever ingest some of that!!!King size candy bars.....it is incredible now when I think about the volume of food I use to consume!!!! I just dont have it in my house now!!! period!!! If Jane buys something, she bought a box of ice cream sandwiches not too long ago, I didnt indulge, but more than once I caught myself glaring at them!! Eyes all glazed over!! :lol: :lol: ahhh the "agony and the ectasy"....but someone on here recently said, and was an excellent point, ask yourself this, what do I want more that ________ or a healthy, fit body....that is what I am asking myself these days, everytime I think!! I want something!!! and most of the time the feeling passes. If not , I just try and find somethingelse to do QUICK!! I agree with Faye though, I just know yesterday was a better day for you, and today will be too...YOU CAN DO IT!!

Hope all the rest of you chickies have a great day!:wave:

Mirabelly
08-28-2003, 09:34 AM
Morning girlies....
Gotta keep it short, cuz I gots a million things to do before I set up for the show tomorrow.

4 points for yesterday! And I added an extra dance class in on top of my usual workout/rehearsal....so, I think that will make up for my memory lapse the day before :)

Missy, have you tried chewing sugarless gum when you just GOTTA have something sweet? It helps me alot when I know I can't afford to have a sugary snack. I also try to go for the grapes first, and then if I'm still craving sugar I'll have something else. For some reason the grapes satisfy the sweet urge and leave my mouth feeling clean, so I don't want to mess up that clean feeling with food. I lOVE banana bread......haven't had any in years. Cooking LIght has banana bread on the cover this month.....maybe I'll try a batch of their lower fat version. Hmmmm.

Well, stay strong everyone! I"m off to sewing land.
Julie

gma22
08-28-2003, 09:42 AM
Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for challenge!

Julie: : YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for challenge!

I am usually up pretty early but I crash really early at night too! I am just not much of a night person and am a great morning person. I have already done 2 rounds of my glider this morning and am going to get ready in a few minutes and take the dog to the vet. Baby has to have all his shots again.

I ordered his car seat and can't wait to get it and see how it works. I had been looking on E-bay and on pet sites and the cheapest I had found for the cutrate model was $60 and I got one that has a drawer underneath for supplies for $50 at JC Penneys catalogue online. This way, when he travels with us he can see out the window and his harness attaches to it so he can't be hopping all over the place. He actually does really well in the car except he always wants to sit in your lap so he can look out the window so now he can!

Pam: Did you ever discover how to resize your photos?

Well, lots to do and not enough time so I have to get going!

Faye;)

Satine
08-28-2003, 09:47 AM
Hello everyone....

Boy binging, where to begin...I used to do it like once a week and now I am down to like once every two to three weeks...with me I usually make myself so sick and so full that I do throw up...and I know that is very bad for me...so it is small steps to stop...mine seems to be the worst if my husband is gone for the evening...because then there is no one there watching me....
Thanks for the advice Faye, I know it was for Missy but it helped me too...
Missy - you are not alone in that, I too go from one food to the next and finishing it....good luck, we CAN stop it!!!!

Time for me Thursday....well I suppose I will relax on the couch and get some reading done...recently I have been buying biographies of celebrities off of ebay, and I get them so cheap
( and they are in good shape )...I got this new Faye Dunaway one yesterday for $1.00 plus $2.00 shipping....so I guess I will go home and read some more of the Nicole Kidman one that I bought.

Pam and Mirabelly - Hi Girlies!!! Doing great!!! Have a good one
everybody...

No points yesterday, was on OP until dinner, then hubby wanted pizza and dammit so did I....and breadsticks...lots of them...
TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY..........

mugirl213
08-28-2003, 11:39 AM
Hi girlies! Thank you all for the support and love from all of you. And yes, Carri, I'll help you if you help me! ;)

Well, I cannot tell a lie, I did a little binging, but it was better. I think I need to be avoiding the banana bread. I cut a very thin slice, went upstairs, and felt myself slipping into the same pattern...then I cut 2 more thin slices..but they WERE thin. So all in all, I probably ate half of what I ate the night before, and then I had 1 ice cream sandwich, but I did stop myself from having a second. :( So I am disappointed in myself, but, I do feel that I did a little better. I just gotta keep trying. :)

But, I'm gonna give my report today for the month of August...I lost a total of 5 pounds from the start. I'm down to 147 now. I kinda leveled out after my binging and starving over the weekend.

gma22
08-28-2003, 02:46 PM
I DON'T ALLOW BEATING YOURSELF UP HERE! If we were perfect there would probably be ONE human on the earth and that would be Christ! Bingeing, eating in front of the tv, eating in bed, eating putting groceries away, whatever you do that involves eating and you KNOW it is something you must stop, you just have to work on. It is not a DR PHIL moment, "Oh, I binged I am not going to do that again!" WRONG! Part of the process is relieving yourself of GUILT!!!!! Guilt is what drives us so much of the time to keep eating. We fill guilty that we had a piece of cake so we might as well eat two more pieces, we feel guilty because we ate half bag of oreos standing at the stove stirring dinner, etc. Work on letting guilt go from your life permanentlym then work on taking babies steps to eradicate the bad behaviour.

I am pooped! I have run around all day!

***WOOHOO MOMENT!!!!***
I took Fortune to the Vets for his shots and the veterinarian was one I had not met before. He was such a sweet gentle man. He told me how much he loved my new coral outfit and when I we left the exam room he said, "Now I want you to be careful when you go outside. There are a lot of men out there on the street and you are going to cause them to have an accident in their car when they see you!"

TonyaS
08-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Hiiii ladies! how is everyone ?

I just thought I would pop in for a sec in the middle of working to say hi :)
time for me Thursday for me is I am going to a football game! my little brother plays for University of Utah, and the season starts tonight :D

I am so excited!

Have a good day girls, keep up the good work, I am PROUD of all of you!

Satine
08-28-2003, 03:19 PM
So far so good today, totally OP and right on schedule for my WW points... I am trying to think of what to have for dinner tonight -
it is supposed to get up to 92 degrees today, and the humidity is awful...so I do not want to heat up the kitchen by using the stove...and we had lunch meat last night so I doubt hubby would go for that again...any suggestions? Besides going out? Which I would like ... :lol:

Faye - THanks for the encouraging words...I do need to learn to let go of the guilt - and you hit the nail right on the head when you said "well I have eaten this so I might as well go ahead and have another, or three" I am learning just to take responsibility for what I eat when I eat it and move on....it is baby steps but it is progress...and is fully achievable!!! :) :D

HOpe everyone's day is going well.....if you are somewhere where the heat is horrible, I feel ya...if you are in a cool place and enjoying it, I am hatin' ya..... Just kidding!! :lol:

ritu
08-28-2003, 04:10 PM
Hi! Your forum seemed like good fun.I'm new, so I'm not quite sure if I'm doing things correctly, but anyway, I would like to join in. 31 lbs. till december sounds fantastic! I've started late so I think my goal shld. be 24 lbs. Also I can't do strenous excercises - i have a lower back problem, so I have to stick to walking, which if I'm good about, shld. be enough. Unfortunately I keep finding excuses not to. Hopefully talking to all of you shld. keep me motivated

mugirl213
08-28-2003, 05:08 PM
Faye & Carrie, you guys are right. I really do need to not make myself feel guilty b/c that is EXACTLY what i was thinking last night when I ate that damned banana bread. But at least I stopped myself with the ice cream bars. I thought, what's another 150 calories? But then I was like...NO...it's 150 calories I don't NEED! So whew!

This week is vacation, a week at the shore, so I will miss you girls when I leave on Sunday, but can anyone offer some vacation food tips? I know I promised myself that I would never deprive myself when I eat out. But in a week, I think I need to censor myself a little.

mugirl213
08-28-2003, 05:09 PM
ritu - welcome to our forum! good luck to you dear! :)

Satine
08-28-2003, 05:10 PM
Missy - I am probably not the one to give you advice on how to eat on vacation...because I always say "hey I am on vacation and I am going to eat what ever I want"... I always have done it that way and I probably always will......

gma22
08-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Missy: I just found miracle food! Slimfast has these bars that are small but tastes just like CANDY! They have about 120 cals apiece and are terrific. I tried a peanut crunch and it was like eating a Clark bar. That would be good. Take you some pretzels sticks that are FF ROLD GOLD has them I know. Be sure and have a good time and give yourself one big cheat day and have a food ball with it. Vacation time is one for fun!

Ritu: Welcome welcome! I know you will like our group. Your program and exercise are completely up to you. You decide everything! If you feel you drank enough water than you get a point, or ate properly you get 2 points, and whatever exercise you have fixed for yourself you get a pt for it. I am the drill sargeant according to my girls not your mother so there is no watching over your shoulder! :lol: Points are done for the day before. Like I got 4 pts for yesterday because I exercised, drank my water and stayed on my program. I give smileys out according to how many pts and I have a long range and short challenge and the short challenge was to exercise 4 times this week which began last Sunday. We also have a topic for each day of the week like today was Time for Us Thursday where you are supposed to try and find time for yourself today. Tomorrow is Fabulous Down the Lbs and you get to brag about your loss or talk about what kind of help you need.

I gotta run. DH is taking the sexy new me out to dinner! :lol:

Faye

Honeyrose29
08-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi Girls and Welcome to Ritu.

Well I got all 4 pts yesterday but it was tough. Back isnt doing much better so I have an appt next week. We are going out of town this weekend, so I will be sure to pack a supply of Aleve.

Today I took my 3 yr old to McD's. I am so proud of myself. Instead of ordering the double cheeseburger and large fries that I wanted to order.. I did a snack size fruit and yogurt parfait. I know it probably is loaded with calories.. but no where NEAR as much as the burger and fries. It was SO hard to pass up what I really wanted, but I am glad I did.

Missy, I completely understand about the binging. Everytime I eat I feel like I just HAVE to have something sweet to finish the meal. Its really an obsession and I have been this way for about 5 yrs. I also have alot of trouble walking away especially with so much food and junk in the house for the kids to snack on. I just wanted you to know you certainly arent alone.. me and all the other ladies here seem to understand exactly what you are dealing with. I fight it every day!! I use yogurt to help fight the sweet tooth. "light" yogurt only has 90 cals per 8 oz cup (my brand) and I try to make an allowance to have a cup or half a cup after dinner.

Everyone else.. big hugs.

I'll be gone til Tuesday. We are headed to KY to visit family and friends and go to the lake.

gma22
08-28-2003, 09:56 PM
Ladies we have a new member to our group, Ritu. Everyone introduce themselves again! :lol: Ritu, you tell us about yourself also.

I am almost 50, have been married 31 years, have two grown children, a son who is soon to be married and 30 and a daughter who is married and I have a 3 year old grandson. My dh is retired military so we have lived all over the US but now live in Memphis, TN. For the time being, I am a stay at homer. I have two pets, a yorkie named Fortune and a mischevious cat named Butterscotch.

Well, ladies, I will catch up later. I have to run.

Faye;)

ritu
08-29-2003, 03:24 AM
Hi everyone! Thanks for making me feel welcome. It's 11.30 a.m. my time in India and I'm leaving for an appointment with my diet counsellor. But I have to say that I already feel the benefits of joining this group - I was planning on a major binge today after my weigh in, a buffet lunch with a girl friend; but have now decided to forgo that. Will catch up later

Ritu

gma22
08-29-2003, 05:17 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous lbs down Friday. Share with us your losses or gains. We are here for you either way!

Good early morning ladies. Cat woke me up again!

I GOT A: :high: for points.

I will check in later on.

Lee7861
08-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Hello Everyone!

Faye, I saw you on another thread last night and posted but I think I've found your home today. I read what you said to Ritu. Would you do that for me to? I've been needing a drill seargent for a long time now! You are one ofthe most sucessful loosers I've seen so far!

Debbie

pjkdreamer
08-29-2003, 09:58 AM
Good Friday Morning Ladies,

Welcome Ritu and Lee, these are the best girls!! You have found a great home here... Faye is wonderful! she is our :drill: but she is also our biggest fan and supporter. And yes Lee, I agree she has made remarkable progress. She is so sincere! and genuinely wants us all to succeed. I am looking forward to reading both your posts, and getting to know each of you better...Wow, Ritu, India, how lovely to have someone from such a diverse area join us, you will contribute nicely to our little group!! Welcome to our corner of the world. Together, we are all so strong and together, we are all going to do this!!! :strong: :spin: :cb: :cp:

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water, and 1 pt for exercise

Faye, no still did not figure out how to resize my photos. I am sending them to a gal on the 300plus thread and she is sizing them for me to post on there. May I send them to you to put on here. I will figure out how to do it, soon!! I promise...But, in the meantime would appreciate it, If you could post them on my behalf!!!:D :D

Well, Ladies, you were chatty yesterday, too many to catch up on for now!! I will just bid you all adieu!! have a wonderful day!:wave: :wave:

Satine
08-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Well I dont know what gives....not only do I not have any loss to report but it says that I am up 1 pound...I was only off program one day, and that was just for dinner so I dont see how that would make that big of a difference....it is my TOM next week maybe I am bloated....who knows....I guess I try harder....although seeing that 1 pound up makes me want to walk into the cafe here at work and order up one big tasty fatty breakfast.......:)

Welcome Ritu and Debbie - here is a little about myself...I am 30
years old, married for 9.5 years to my high school sweetheart, no kids...have a westie dog named Les ( quite the active handful )
have lived in Indiana all of my life and have only had a weight problem since I got married in 1993...need to lose about 90 pounds or so to reach some kind of achievable goal....
Good luck to you both....

Later all...:D

Satine
08-29-2003, 11:07 AM
Oh and Faye - got all my points yesterday....

Lee7861
08-29-2003, 01:22 PM
Wow!

You guys are quick! Tell me again how this pont things works? I know, I need a lot of guidance. Ritu, are you an Indian native or an American visitor? I would love a good curry recipe if it doesn't involve lots of grease. I won't eat lamb and I try to make all of my dishes with little meat. You all sound like a wonderful group of people and I thank you for welcoming me

Debbie

gma22
08-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Pam: STOP IT STOP IT...you are embarrassing me...Yeah right like when was the last time I was embarrassed about anything! lol

Let me get points out of the way first.

Pam: The trojan horse of the group, YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for challenge.

Carri: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and a :barbell: for challenge. Don't sweat the gain. It can be a variety of things, (water retention, menstrual cycle, etc) and will disappear quickly if you are staying on program I am sure.

Lee: Do you mind if we call you Lee instead of Debbie? We have another Debbie and it might get confusing! :lol: This old lady gets confused enough! Welcome to our group. We are thrilled to have you! Thank you for the sweet compliment, but I am just doing what needs to be done to get healthy. We are going to get you on track and you are going to be able to lose this weight . I just know you can!

We are going tonight to get the stuff to patch my cat's redecorating attempt in my kitchen. I hope we can somehow keep him out of it until the plaster etc dries. Right now it is a hole about the size of a dinner plate! UGH!

Oh, I did meet my challenge yesterday so I get a :barbell: too!

We are having a bbq on Monday with the kids and the big T and I wanted it to be as low fat as possible so am going to attempt a lowfat cheesecake and a lowfat chocolate pie and make lowfat 7 layer dip. I can cut the fat bigtime out of everything but the guacamole, but avocados have GOOD fat instead of bad I guess. I can get ff ref beans, sour cream, grated cheese, onions, taco sauce and tomatoes have no fat so we will see what it TASTES like! I am going to get wow tortilla chips or baked ones to dip.

Well, kiddos, I gotta run. Breakfast for me consisted of a Healthy Choice strawberry ice cream bar (yummy and low fat btw) and I need to eat some real food. I got the hour in the pool in (btw they have decided not to close it until the 15th YIPEEE) and have done one of my three glider routines so need to get another one in.

TTFN

Satine
08-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Faye - let me know how that dip turns out, it is one of my favorite things to eat....

gma22
08-29-2003, 04:01 PM
Carri: Okey dokey. I forgot it had black olives in it, but you can use less of those and probably not overload with calories.

Lee: If you look at the first post of each of the Time for Serious Fun threads, you will see how the points work, what our current challenges are and what the topic is for the day of the week. Points are earned for the previous day, one for water, one for exercise and 2 for staying on your own program, whatever that may be. You post to me the next day (like points posted today are for yesterday) and you get a certain smiley depending on how many points you earned. The two current challenges are : short term, that everyone gets at least 4 days exercise out of the seven and you let me know that too and you get a barbell smiley for each day. That one ends on Sunday and the long term, starts now and ends December 31st and that is 30lbs off by then. Hope you join in. I think the more you participate the more likely you are to stay on your program etc.

Ladies you are all doing a spectacular job. Debbie and Missy: Hope you are having fun on your vacation/trip! Have a great time guys and we miss you!

Gotta go type out my grocery list. Tomorrow is commissary day, UGH!

**REQUEST: TO KEEP FROM ALWAYS HAVING TO REPEAT YOURSELF REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFO AND STATS YOU PROVIDE TO NEWBIES, PLEASE SEND ME A PERSONAL MESSAGE WITH THE INFO YOU WOULD INCLUDE ABOUT YOURSELF TO POST TO NEWBIES. I WILL COMBINE EVERYONE'S INFO/STATS AND EVERYTIME WE HAVE A NEWBIE, WILL POST THE INFORMATION AS A GROUP, OK? WHEN WE HAVE A NEWBIE JOIN, I WILL THEN GET THEIR INFO AND ADD TO THE GROUP. FOR EXAMPLE, HERE IS WHAT I WOULD SEND TO SOMEONE ELSE IF THEY WERE COMPILING ,
Hi, my name is Donna, I am almost 50, have been married 31 years to a wonderful and totally supportive man, have two grown children, Jack, who is 30 and getting married next fall, and Kelly, who is 26, married and has given me an adorable grandson, Thomas who is 3. I have a Yorkie named Fortune and a cat named Butterscotch. I am not working right now, but have been looking. I exercise at least an hour 7 days a week and my stats are at the bottom of my posts. I have a website: www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/ Please visit it and let me know what you think!

Thanks, Faye :)

Satine
08-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Well it seems quite quiet here today....

I am getting through the day well....I had 11 WW points for lunch...on a McDonalds hamburgar and small frie....not my best choice for filling food...but my brother and husband just had to have McDonalds...so of course I sat there and drooled while they had the double cheeseburgars and very large fries...no, I didnt really I was pretty content with what I had, and it filled me up well. My stomach is really used to the smaller portions.....ya know some days are better than others...

Faye - yeah I am hoping I am bloated or something since I gained a pound, just hate to feel like it was a week down the toilet..

Well I may not post over the weekend, I usually dont since I am not at work...so everyone have a great 3 day weekend!!!
I know I will !!!
:) :) :) :) :)

jbbm
08-29-2003, 07:16 PM
Hello I just wanted to say Hi, I normally post on another thread but I read your post Faye and you just seem so great! My goal is to lose 25-30 lbs and I think the inspiration from this website will help. I was thinking about joining weight watchers. I am watching my fat and cals at the present time. Well just wanted to drop a line to Faye and say you are so positive and a real leader! Bye

gma22
08-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Man, you guys better watch out! All these accolades lately will go straight to my head and it will be bigger than my body! :lol: You're going to have to complain a LOT about me to deflate my ego balloon! :lol:

Pam: I neglected to tell you and any of you other ladies that if you ever want to post a pic and can't find how to resize it, feel free to e-mail it to me and I will resize it and post it for you or send it back to you!

I sure hope everyone has fun this weekend doing something with family and friends before the last of summer wains away. I can't wait of course for my dgs to come over on Monday. His mom is gonna kill me but I bought him Finding Nemo Sandwich cookies and ice cream and ice cream cones! Hey, what's a Nonny for anyway if not to drive the mom nuts!:lol:

Here is a pic of one of my new outfits taken this evening. Sorry about the lighting but dh took it in our upstairs hall and the lighting is not great there. I am stylin' ain't I and man I almost don't recognize my skinnier self! :lol: :lol: Seriously though, this is the very best thing I have ever ever done for myself and it is the best thing you are doing for yourself too!

Sunny thoughts Saturday tomorrow! Oh and my website has a guestbook now so stop in and sign it sometime. www.freewebs.com\trexnonny/

Faye;)

gma22
08-29-2003, 10:55 PM
READ UP ON ALL THE NEWS BUT DON'T POST HERE. COME TO #23 AND TALK TO US!

ritu
08-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

The net servers were down last night, so I couldn't post. I went to the counsellor yesterday and I had GAINED 2.5 LBS. IN 3 DAYS. Must be some kind of record, and this was after I'd been really good about the diet. Anyway I was so fed up that I broke the diet last night and had ice-cream. But I'm back on the diet today. Carri, you're obviously more disciplined than I am!

Welcome Lee! Having been here for 1 day before you I feel like a senior member and therefore entitled to welcome you.

Yes I am an Indian from India. I live in New Delhi with my husband and children, in the same house as my mother-in-law, 2 brothers-in-law and their families, and 3 unmarried sisters-in-law. This is the norm in India. Fortunately the house is large enough so that we each have our own space and don't need to interact if we don't wish to.

Pam, I absolutely agree with you about Faye. Sorry Faye, I know you're pretty fed up with the accolades but bear with me. Actually it was a post that I saw on the need a buddy forum that got me interested in this thread. What really appealed to me was your absolute self confidence. After 55 lbs. of excess weight I have zero confidence. Hopefully talking with all of you will help put me back on track.

Will post again tonight with the latest about my progress.

Ritu

Lee7861
08-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Hello Everyone

I work on the weekends so it isn't my best time to post but I had to see what was up. You guys really stay busy. Ritu--I had to laugh because if I had that many people in my house someone would be cooking something 24 hours a day. You English is wonderful for anyone especially someone who learned as a second language. I you have the smarts and confidence to do that you can find the confidence to loose weight.

Faye your picture is great. You'll be shopping for a bikini soon lol!--really it is much better than the old one.

Lots of new people--hope you all have a great weekend

Debbie--Lee