Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:31 PM   #1  

Talking Food Allergies

My wife and I recently tested for food allergies/sensitivities... we've been on the rotation diet plan based on our foods we should avoid. In just ten days and no exercise we've lost two pounds each.

They say this is a side benefit of avoiding foods you are sensitive to.

We also feel ten times better with more energy, no headaches and cravings.

Has anyone else heard of this or tried it? It really seems to work.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:50 AM   #2  
"I WILL ENDURE"

Yes, I am very familiar with this problem.

I am allergic to so many different foods that it's impossible to avoid them all without starving to death. In some cases, avoiding a certain allergen will decrease sensitivity and it can be reintroduced at a later date.

I didn't lose weight on the rotation diet because it was simply impossible for me to implement it given the sheer number of items I tested positive to -- my husband (who is a physician) was shocked when the results came. Prior to that, I suspect he was beginning to secretly believe I was a hypochondriac because I was constantly telling him I was ill -- no wonder! Every day I was taking in things that were incompatible with my body.

I had the ALCAT series done -- and I try to avoid the major offenders. But when you test positive to all of the ten most common preservatives in foods -- not to mention dairy products, wheat, and a ton of other things (including chlorine that is in our city water) -- that doesn't leave you with much to eat or drink.

But there is a book on this subject called, "Your hidden Food Allergies are Making You Fat". The authors are Rudy Fivera, MD and Roger D. Deutsch.

I can't say the program did anything for me because I am allergic to almost everything. But I could see it succeeding for those who might test in positive to a few offending substances.

Hope this helps.

Rainbowmyst
Old 08-26-2003, 04:08 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yes! I'm allergic to hydrogenated oils, potatoes, and pork. Not eating them has made me much healthier.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:26 PM   #4  

Wink Food allergy tests

I picked up a book at Whole Earth Markets called "Allergy Free" by Konrad Kail, N.D. and they have a section with a sample rotation diet plan and a section on food allergy test types including ELISA.

My friend tested through a website called betterhealthUSA.com and she had similar success with weight reduction and found out she was allergic to bananas!

I've been debating on taking the test myself as it seems to work..

-T
Closed Thread