Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/240/199

Height: 5ft 4in

Default hypermobility syndrone/fibromyalgia/depression

does anyone on here have hypermobility syndrome? which comes along with many other conditions including fibro severe depression and many other things. im currently being tested for bi polar disorder. as you can imagine all these play a part and your physical and emotional welbeing which makes healthy eating and exercise difficult. anyone else with these conditions?
wanna_be_free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

I have hyper mobile joints, alongside sore muscles, and have had depression/anxiety/autoimmune/asthma as well.
I eat a super strict version of paleo for autoimmune which is giving me heaps more energy and health.
As far as hypermobility - I see a physio for the muscle knotting, and wear boots everywhere to stop me from rolling my ankles.
Building numbers of steps per day gradually is important to reduce pain and tendonitis, too.
It's a lot to work around, but I finally feel like everything's lining up for once.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/227/145

Height: 5'1"

I have Ehlers-Danlos Type III (hypermobility) so I feel you there. The chronic pain from it and the fatigue can be so frustrating. At only 23 I barely want to clean the house up some days, let alone be physically active. Unless its unbearable I try to remind myself "discipline > motivation" because I feel like I'd be a couch potato otherwise.
cosmicparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/240/199

Height: 5ft 4in

hello fellow zebras. whats peleo? x
wanna_be_free is offline   Reply With Quote