Old 07-13-2016, 01:00 AM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'5"

Default July - let's do this!

Hey guys! I've had a few bad (read - yummy) days....weeks. I gotta do this!! WE have to do this!

So brag about how awesome you've done! What's for dinner? Inspire those of us who are just so weak! It's time - let's do this!

mwah!
justfortoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Well, I've been lazy, and didn't cook a thing, so my lunch today is ham and cheese roll-ups and a can of green beans. lol Green beans are my go-to for my veggie carbs. I buy them by the case. I've got all the ingredients to do a simplified atkins friendly burgoo tonight. It takes like 8 hours to cook, so I won't be having it for dinner, but it will provide a number of lunches.

So, what's y'alls trigger foods? What makes you go off Atkins? I'm not one who is really tempted by desserts (thank goodness, I don't need any more weaknesses!) so that's not a problem, but I freakin' love bread. Yesterday I didn't cook again (there is a pattern emerging) so I stopped at McDs to get a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, intending to eat just the middle and toss the biscuit. It was SO hard! I wanted to eat the **** out of that biscuit. But I managed to control myself (although I did spend a good few seconds smelling it, which was not the same at all).
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:24 AM   #3  

Finally made the burgoo overnight. So yummy. If I'm going to have to eat vegetables, they should taste like meat! lol

How is everyone else holding up? I'm starting to get mild chocolate craving which I've been fighting by looking at nutrition info. So many carbs for just a moments pleasure. What I probably should do instead is try and eat some unsweetened chocolate...that would probably kill the craving.

My scale has been stalled for about 5 days, which was annoying, and yesterday I was feeling lazy so I ate over my usual calories, plus didn't eat a single veggie carb. I mean I had rotisserie chicken and cream cheese for dinner for crying out loud. I wake to find I've lost almost 2lbs. Sometime my body makes so sense whatsoever.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 07-15-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:04 PM   #4  
one day at a time

You're my hero!! My trigger is WINE! I HAVE to quit - I'm too fat to drink it!

Otherwise, I get random cravings for crunchy stuff. Pork rinds are nasty - don't even mention it! I find myself craving fruit - strawberries and pineapple specifically. But yeah...wine.

I have 2 weeks till school starts and 3.5 till I see kids. I'll like to be down 25ish pounds by then. That would be nice...
Old 07-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

Hello all...

I am a true believer on carbs... it helps keep my fbs, sugar readings normal. I had started atkins ,20 or less carbs on Sunday...I will stay on phase 1, till I get goal in a year or so.

Am a daily weigh basis,lost 3, ....I will chime in here,when I can. I need to shed over 100 Lbs.Am a full time caregiver to my mom and ready or not...going to lose for good.

Till next time,
Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #6  

Hi Liliann. Welcome aboard. I'm sticking with 20nc for a while too. Probably not all the way to goal, but as long as it's working and I don't feel too deprived I'm happy.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:03 AM   #7  
one day at a time

Me too!! 20 or less for a good long while. What do you weigh Lillian?
Old 07-19-2016, 06:05 AM   #8  
300+ Chick

Montocarlo...thanks for the welcome!

Justfortoday... I weigh at the moment,435 pounds.... back in feb,was 459,and low carbing, till 4th of July holiday now am full force with Atkins.

Monday was off plan due to home stress....but each morning back on plan.

Good luck to all of you.. later

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:34 AM   #9  

Great job on getting back on plan every single day! That's the important part. Everyone slips up. But the quicker you can get back on track the faster you will see results!
Old 07-20-2016, 02:48 AM   #10  
one day at a time

Liliann - GO YOU!!!!!! We're going to be good friends by the time we finish!!

Monte - You're TOO SKINNY GO AWAY!!! Ha ha ha! Kidding. But I'm WAY jealous about how much LESS you weigh and how much LESS you have to go to goal!!! And yes, let's all just DO THIS! It's time.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:37 AM   #11  

Justfortoday - I totally get that. Sometime I get on here and read an introduction and it is someone who is "so fat" and then I look at their stats and they are smaller than my goal. I get all :evil:

How is y'alls "native" support system? Sometimes I think mine is supportive to the point of sabotage, lol. I was talking to my grandma the other day, and I mentioned Atkins (which as a diabetic, she is very familiar with and frankly should be following in any case) and she was all like "maybe you were just intended to be heavy" :eyeroll: I said I didn't care what was intended, I didn't want to be fat, so I wouldn't. Then she proceeded to tell me how beautiful I was for like 10 minutes. Not that I'm wishing I had people making mean comments to me, but sometime it is easy to be complacent when all you hear about yourself are good things. IDK, just something I was thinking about.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/163/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Justfortoday - I totally get that. Sometime I get on here and read an introduction and it is someone who is "so fat" and then I look at their stats and they are smaller than my goal. I get all :evil:

How is y'alls "native" support system? Sometimes I think mine is supportive to the point of sabotage, lol. I was talking to my grandma the other day, and I mentioned Atkins (which as a diabetic, she is very familiar with and frankly should be following in any case) and she was all like "maybe you were just intended to be heavy" :eyeroll: I said I didn't care what was intended, I didn't want to be fat, so I wouldn't. Then she proceeded to tell me how beautiful I was for like 10 minutes. Not that I'm wishing I had people making mean comments to me, but sometime it is easy to be complacent when all you hear about yourself are good things. IDK, just something I was thinking about.
My native support system is practically nonexistent. At first my husband said he'd do the diet with me, but that lasted about 5 hours until we drove past Whataburger lol. I'm okay with it though because it would be so expensive to buy all that protein for TWO people, let alone just me. My mom is pretty supportive though; she's on Atkins for her diabetes.

I'm finding Atkins to be super isolating socially. No one is respecting my diet decisions given that they are quite inconvenient. Medical students tend to study hard and then party hard, so not being able to drink makes it hard to do much with my friends. No more weekly happy hours, no more barhopping. I gave in last night and had some alcohol (after saving up my carbs). I went with extra dry champagne (0g NC) and a makeshift margarita (tequila, lime juice, and truvia, 7.5 NC). I felt pretty good about my choices, and even with the 400 calories of alcohol I was at 1800 calories for the day. So hopefully it won't turn out too bad?

What's y'all's experience with alcohol on Atkins? Okay in moderation or just a no go?
pochacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:19 AM   #13  

There are a lot of alcohols that don't have any carbs. Can't think of the whole list off the top of my head, but definitely Rum and Vodka. The problem is more what you mix them with. I actually had a drink out last night, and today the scale was exactly the same as the day before. I don't do it a lot because "they" say it can stall you, but with 1-2 drinks every couple of weeks I've never noticed even a blip.

My go-to low carb drinks are coke zero with coconut rum and a splash of lime and crystal lite fruit punch with dt mt dew and vodka.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:51 AM   #14  
one day at a time

Hey Belles! <3

My husband is an awesome support. He got a sleeve last June and has lost 200 pounds over the past year. He has more to go, but is not invested in the Atkins diet. He counts calories. I make my food; he makes his. It works because we don't like the same food.

I LOVE drink but it stalls me EVERY time. :/ For now - I think I need to focus on weight loss rather than having a good time. Sadly.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:27 AM   #15  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

I'm going to jump in and give my two cents worth if that's ok. After being on plan for 17 months now I feel like I can offer some opinions. Alcohol in induction is a no go. Later when you move into other phases you can have it in moderation. For myself, I've been doing an extended induction which means I haven't touched alcohol for almost two years now. I also stay within 20g/day, drink my water, and stay active.
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote