Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #1  

Default Weight loss and support

Hey everyone I restarted my weight loss journey about a month ago and my goal is to lose 4o pounds and tone up more. In high school I was very active did track and field year round and my senior year I took up clean eating and lost a good 20 pounds, I was happy with my weight and maintained it for about two years. Last semester I managed to gain about 20 pounds due to stress, binge eating, drinking too much and working long hours a long with my college load Since I've been home People keep telling me I've gained weight but haven't been very supportive.They are killing my self esteem and my body image and I don't even want to see anyone anymore. Since this is not new to me eating healthy and exercising has not been a problem but I am so impatient, Ive never really changed my lifestyle to try to lose weight and I keep finding myself down and on the verge of a breakdown when I look in the mirror and don't see the body I love. I decided to join a forum to keep my spirits up and to talk to people who understand what it is like to lose weight and understand the process, I hope to get to know more of you on my journey and be able to spread and receive encouraging words. Much love
Ohemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:02 AM   #2  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

to the site, Ohemma! We're glad to have you here!

If you only have 20 lbs to lose, you may not need a major life change to do it. A lot of people lose that amount of weight cutting way back on calorie drinks (soda, juice, etc.), and watching their portions at mealtimes (just one serving instead of two, etc.). Then maybe adding a little activity if you haven't already. You can do this!

I'm sorry your friends and family aren't very nice about it all. But like you said, you know what to do, so despite them you've got this.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:36 AM   #3  

hi Ohemma
Sorry your self esteem is being beaten down. I know all too well what that feels like. I think its a great idea to come here and get some support. One thing I want to suggest is to join in one of the forum threads here. The one I post on is a kind community. And many others are also. But the one I know and post in is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...elcome-15.html the link is right. But by the time you see this and click on it, the last page likely will no longer be pg 15. So just click on the link and then click on "last page". If you want to check it out.

I know this time is very difficult for you. Not wanting to be seen etc. I will tell you what I find. I find that I do not have to lose all the weight for me to feel better about myself and how I look in clothes etc. eg I am in maintenance. But I have gained some weight. I feel better today even having lost 2 of the pounds. Some people here also like the myfitnesspal community. And there is another one also that at least one person on the thread i mentioned above, likes. One that has to do with exercise and eating. So some here belong to more than one community. Also there is at least one person i know here at 3FC who has found that a hypnosis recording is helpful. She has a link for the free online version of it.

I can see what a kind heart centered person you are. And this is why I am taking the time to answer so much. Because you have a very good heart. Please know that this is much more important than anything else. BUT often sensitive hearts can be hurt more easily. Even though they are the purest gems of all.

Last edited by flower123; 07-13-2016 at 01:43 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Sorry you are having to deal with stupid comments. I really think sometimes that the world would be transformed if everyone would count to 20 before speaking. We are glad to have to you here at 3FC!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohemma View Post
Hey everyone I restarted my weight loss journey about a month ago and my goal is to lose 4o pounds and tone up more. In high school I was very active did track and field year round and my senior year I took up clean eating and lost a good 20 pounds, I was happy with my weight and maintained it for about two years. Last semester I managed to gain about 20 pounds due to stress, binge eating, drinking too much and working long hours a long with my college load Since I've been home People keep telling me I've gained weight but haven't been very supportive.They are killing my self esteem and my body image and I don't even want to see anyone anymore. Since this is not new to me eating healthy and exercising has not been a problem but I am so impatient, Ive never really changed my lifestyle to try to lose weight and I keep finding myself down and on the verge of a breakdown when I look in the mirror and don't see the body I love. I decided to join a forum to keep my spirits up and to talk to people who understand what it is like to lose weight and understand the process, I hope to get to know more of you on my journey and be able to spread and receive encouraging words. Much love

This is a great forum! I've been here for about a month and a half, and love it. WTG for getting back on track, and it's definitely good to get support from people who "get it." Best wishes, and see you around 3FC
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #6  

Thank you all so much for your kind comments and support, it really made my day. I have cut out carbs including added sugars and even honey and all sugar drinks and I've been trying to go to the gym daily and fit in high intensity workouts. Ive been trying to rush it but I'm starting to accept the fact that it takes time and I'm becoming more healthy overall. I look forward to continuing this journey with you all. Much love
Ohemma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motivation, weight loss