South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 07:35 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - July 9 & 10

Well, we got a little piddle of rain overnight - just enough to dampen the dust but more predicted ... if the Weather Liar is right for a change. He/she/it says there's more to come. That will slightly affect bread sales today but the committed real bread folk will show up.

Got lots done on the schoolwork judging yesterday but it made for a long day. I'm amazed the dogs let me back into the house although I was home for a bit at noon. I'm hoping to get the winning entries "ribboned" today and ready for a blitz of hanging them on the long wall next week.

Now to throw myself through the shower and drive in the drizzle to pick up bread. It's a good thing Margo puts the loaves in plastic bags! I plan to just drop off the bread at the Mill and then come some to tackle organizing my desk which is in layers at the moment.

Wishing you a good Saturday, rain or shine.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, glad you made it through yesterday and it's nice you're finally getting some rain. Enjoy your day I hope you get some organizing accomplished.

I have been MIA. These past few days have been super super busy! My friend was here visiting and she wanted to go to the pool two or three times a day. I've picked 3 gallons of raspberries in between, hit every thrift store in the valley, and had a nice evening drive in dinner with my sister last night. We went to the top of Independence Pass which is about 60 miles of the valley from Glenwood. The wildflowers were beautiful and we took pictures at the top. It was pretty warm, actually, but Kirbys ears were blowing sideways . LOL.

I'm going to do some organizing myself this morning and pick more raspberries. I'm going to forgo the pool. My little friend who finished chemo therapy is going to come over and do some cleaning. This plan may change, but as of now I'm thinking of just getting up super early tomorrow morning and driving over for work. Gives me the full day here.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-09-2016 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-09-2016, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I've been MIA too Debbie. How's your friend doing after chemo? Can you pick some raspberries for me? One of my favorites!!

Ruth, I'd go pick up some bread if I could...nothing better than fresh bread toasted with some butter (am I allowed to say that on the SBD forum?). My son, who actually does a really good job at it - and this is by hand, not with a machine - wanted to make some bread the other day. I wouldn't let him because the temps are getting too high.

Gratefully, we have gotten some more rain here. My DD and DH did get some things planted, but a bit late so we'll see how things go. I told DH the tomato cages are on upside down, but he says they look right the way they are . Hopefully we'll get some tomatoes before the frost that will be here before we know it!

I've been MIA since it's been a bit of a tough time, and I certainly don't adhere to SBD. I'm down 10 lbs thanks to surgery, although I'm finally getting my appetite back. I'm pretty much incapable of cooking (or anything else really) because of spasms from surgery and my original disorder, and it's killin' me because I so badly want to make some of my favorite salads!! I did have a side effect (<1%, lucky me) that probably isn't helping me out, I sure hope that improves. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll be making some of my favorite fall soups.

I do check in nearly daily on y'all, just not a lot to contribute. You can stop by for a visit and some iced tea though!!
Old 07-09-2016, 08:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Tammy you get a free pass!!!! You need to take care of yourself with whatever works for you. I know DD likes to bake, but maybe she could prep salads for you. If I lived closer I would make you yummy salads for you. My bumper crop has 4 cucumbers the size of my thumb. I did manage one serving of string beans from my one plant lol. As far as my strawberries a little squirrel has mastered the netting cover and is helping himself any he can find.

Debbie it's ok to be MIA, I do it too. Sometimes we just need to take a break from computer time. I will be taking a siesta starting tomorrow. Finally a much needed break from work. Glad you enjoyed your time with your friend.

Ruth I still don't think I could trust myself with fresh bread. I'm sure the kids will love seeing their artwork displayed with or without ribbons.

As mentioned, I'm off for a little over a week beginning tomorrow. I really need to decompress. Staying OP, really OP, since the 5th has helped tremendously. Joe and I are going to PA just for an overnight to get away. Later in the week I have the Wounded Warrior bike ride in Babylon which ends at Overlook Beach. Pamela is going too, so we are going to get some much needed beach time in after the ride. On Mobday the 18th I'm going to Southampton to spend time with my BF from high school. We haven't really spend time together in at least 5 years!!! I plan on getting some little things done around here and a few rides in. It will be tough going back on the 20th. My next break won't be until the end of September. At least I have time to look forward to it.

Have a great day.

Pearlrose how was DD's birthday?
Old 07-09-2016, 09:18 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Made it through the birthday party, 2 decided to spend the night so I got 3 girls asleep in the living room. I will let them sleep for a bit more. Today will be some shopping and cleaning.

Ruth glad you made it through yesterday, hopefully you will not get interrupted today and are able to organize

Debbie sounds like you are having a great day there, enjoy, it's always good to decompress

Twynn nice to hear from you and I agree free pass. Hope your side effect goes away soon and you are able to make progress in your recovery. I passed on a garden this year.

Jekel enjoy your break this week and I hope that you are able to decompress.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

We got 2 whole inches of rain and some showers on the way for today. I never thought I'd be glad of a rainy weekend but I am. The thunder was incredible and my furries spent as much time as they could with me. It's been at least eight months since we had a t-storm here and they seemed to have forgotten they weren't afraid. Disney used to go and hide behind the toilet.

Debbie, sounds as if you are on a roll and getting lots done. Doesn't it feel great? Thanks for mentioning raspberries. I'll get some at The Farm this week when the bushes dry off.

TwynnB, would love to drop by for lemonade. I was glad to see you posting on FB when I finally got it back. Sounds like you have a lot to deal with at the moment but it's nice you can pop in once in a while, even just for a "Hi".

Jennifer, You have certainly been on my mind this past horrible and dangerous time. So glad you have some time off and plans to enjoy it. Having fun is a great stress reliever and we need to do it more often.

Rose, I remember the sleep-over birthday parties - and the giggling that seemed to go on until 3 a.m. My mother never allowed sleep-overs so I was a pushover.

Did not get those darned ribbons put on yesterday but it will happen today if I don't get caught by Mill visitors. Despite the deluge yesterday, the Mill was busy and all bread was sold by noon. Unfortunately we have run out of flour and can't Mill for a while because Chris is waiting for a German film crew to firm up their plans. We are getting a reputation which is great but need more flour.

Enjoy your Sunday. The rain can stop for a while now, OK? Yesterday the storm sewer near the Mill was a fountain and was spewing out water which ran downhill and into the Creek.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:32 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I seem to have caught a summer cold, well the whole household has it so ended up staying home yesterday just reading a book. Not sure what the agenda is today, I know its muggy hot outside but there might be a chance for rain today.

Ruth hopefully you all will be able to get more flour, sounds like you have a busy day again.

to everyone else
Old 07-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #8  

How do I post a new forum/thread?
Old 07-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Grac - if you're on the main SBD page, between the recipe area and the main threads, there's a grey button on the left that says "new post" (or something like that).

Welcome!!
Old 07-10-2016, 03:04 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Count me in the MIA group this weekend. I am at mom's again as dad is not doing well and mom can't make the drive to the hospital alone. Stil hoping to get them moved this month.

Good to see you back Tammy! Been thinking of you.

Have a good break, Jennifer.

Ruth, DH said we also got over 2 inches yesterday.

I'll be reading even if I don't post. Have a good day, chicks.

Last edited by Beth19; 07-10-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Closed Thread