Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Keep Losing My Posts

This is getting more and more frustrating.

I logged in to the site using the login window in the upper right side of the page. Went to my thread and started entering a long post in the Advance Post page. Went to post and it tells me I am not logged in. I log in using the Vbulletin log in. Then I get an error message:

"Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window."

I click the back button which takes me to my login page again. I reload it and get the successfully logged in message again. In the meantime I have lost my post and there is no way to recover the page I was typing on.

I understand that the time out might be causing my login to drop but at least before I could go back and recapture the page with the text box. Not any more. I think it's dumb that I should have to type my post into another application and paste it into 3FC when I am ready to post.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 04:25 PM   #2  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi happy2bme, Sorry this is happening to you. You've got a LOT of successful posts in your history. I hope it's a temporary thing that evaporates the next time you reboot your browser or computer. I don't have any other insight - it's not being reported by others.

When I was having this problem, I began saving my post in a WordPad document before hitting [Preview] or [Post]. Since then, I've always recovered so don't even remember when it otherwise falls apart.

Good luck.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

My post keep doing like Happytobme's post. It's very aggravating. I've been with 3fc for a long period of time. I would pay if I could get rid of the advertisement.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:27 PM   #4  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Are you checking the Remember Me box when you sign in (next to your username)?
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:11 AM   #5  
Choose your hard

I've been an active member of this site for over 14 years now. The posting problems have been happening in the last year or so with increasing frequency. There are 2 different problems - one I believe has to do with the site timing out in between me logging in and the time it takes me to post. That's not bad as once I log in, it takes my post. The above problem (and I'm not the only one seeing it, I might be the only one reporting it) is far more frustrating because you lose your entire post.

Rebooting the computer, using a different browser (or operating system for that matter - pc vs mac) or clearing cache does not seem to have any effect on this. This particular problem rears it's head - it's happened earlier in the year and then seemed to resolve itself on it's own and then came back again.
Old 07-09-2016, 12:13 AM   #6  
Choose your hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
Are you checking the Remember Me box when you sign in (next to your username)?
That used to keep me logged in years ago, that doesn't have the same effect now. I have to log in each time I come into this site. But thanks for the suggestion!
Old 07-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #7  

Be sure your browser is set to accept cookies and not clear cookies. Your login is cookie-based!
ibobi is offline   Reply With Quote