Old 07-06-2016, 01:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Default How long did it take for you to START losing weight?

So, I've tried many things in the last few months, and decided to return to weight watchers, where I lost 30 pounds 12 years ago (kept 20 off, at least).

The problem I'm having with this, and also calorie counting when I tried it, I'm not losing weight. This is the beginning of my third week. Now, I know the science, and I'm guessing that my body is just hanging in there, maybe replacing fat with water, whatever. Because I am definitely eating less, and eating better quality food on WW.

So my question is, how long did it take you to START losing weight on WW? I'm especially looking for anyone for whom it took a while to kick in. I have patience, I don't mind being a turtle, but I just want to know that this approach will work for me!
Mahalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #2  

Default Up your activity level maybe?

Hi! I'm only three weeks in on WW, but I'm finding a high level of activity keeps me losing weight. For me personally,I've found over the years that without some regular running, walks, or weight training, I lose and regain a half pound over and over. Folks on the WW Connect boards say that increasing their exercise breaks them out of plateaus. Just a thought!

Welcome back to Weight Watchers! I've tried for years to lose 40 pounds, and although I made some improvements to my overall fitness,the scale would not budge. These last few weeks mark my first weight loss in five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahalia View Post
So, I've tried many things in the last few months, and decided to return to weight watchers, where I lost 30 pounds 12 years ago (kept 20 off, at least).

The problem I'm having with this, and also calorie counting when I tried it, I'm not losing weight. This is the beginning of my third week. Now, I know the science, and I'm guessing that my body is just hanging in there, maybe replacing fat with water, whatever. Because I am definitely eating less, and eating better quality food on WW.

So my question is, how long did it take you to START losing weight on WW? I'm especially looking for anyone for whom it took a while to kick in. I have patience, I don't mind being a turtle, but I just want to know that this approach will work for me!
HeyitsJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #3  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

I know I have a lot more weight to lose than the 2 posts already in this thread, however, from what I have heard, people do not like the new WW plan and are not losing on it. I am doing the old WW points plan as it worked for me years ago and I just got fat again in the past 3 years. I started this past Tuesday and have lost 4.6 lbs so far.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 03:04 PM   #4  
Less of a Better Me

I think that there are many ways to lose weight and I know that many people have had success on other Weight Watchers plans other than the current plan. I personally originally got to goal on exchanges and have had success on many of the Weight Watchers plans. I am a big believer in each person finding what works best for her or him.

However, many, many people like the new plan and are losing on it. I've been a WW lifetime member for 25 years and -- for me -- I think that SmartPoints is by far the best program Weight Watchers has had. I personally like how it encourages what I consider to be healthier eating. One of the things I didn't like with prior points plan was that you could easily stay within points while eating too much junk food. With SmartPoints, you can still eat some junk food (I certainly do!) but it is hard to do that to excess or you run out of points. I find that it does gently nudge me. I do think that switching to is an adjustment for some people. But, I think it can be a worthwhile adjustment.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Just thought I would update. In week three I started losing, and have steadily lost 15 pounds! I think my body tried to hang in there for the first couple of weeks, and then finally gives up!
Mahalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:41 AM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

Sounds like you are doing really great.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'2

I just started weight watchers today and have 42 points. I bought the 2012 version off of ebay and will follow that. Really only reason being is because they are ways to expensive for me to officially join. But I wish I could go to those meetings. I think I'd stay alot more motivated! That's kind of what I'm hoping to find here on this forum
Midnightangel1690 is offline   Reply With Quote