Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #1  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Default Bottom of the well

Today's situation: at my highest weight. Tried on my "fat pants" - they were tight (to the point where my mom said it looked indecent). Felt so bad about how I looked I chose not to go out with my friends today, which I don't think I've ever done. Two weeks to go until a graduation ceremony where I'll have to dress up (and will probably feel bad in whatever I wear, if this keeps up). Can't exercise, though, because I'm on seven different meds because of a really bad rhinitis that got even worse 'cause I travelled home on a plane (pressure, air conditioner, etc.).

Not the best day, I'll admit. But I was considering doing something for myself that I've been considering for a long time now (since I'm really bad at visually measuring things) - learning to meal prep. I've always known that it would be a much easier option for me for a few reasons: 1) I can't visually measure things for the life of me, so having a standard is definitely going to help, 2) I really don't mind repetitiveness in my meals, I even prefer it because I'm kind of picky with food, 3) the fact that lunch is always ready so late often leads me to snacking on junk food and then eating late at night, and 4) I'll be studying abroad next year, so knowing to cook is probably what's going to keep me remotely healthy (especially if it means not having to cook everyday).

I know I'll still have to go through graduation at my highest weight and whatnot, but hopefully this'll help keep my spirits high. If anyone has any meal prep tips, throw 'em at me!
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Dear goodness please buy some pants that will fit you, clothes that don't fit will make anyone feel dreadful, please don't allow yourself to feel bad because of an inanimate object! You gotta love yourself from within, taking good care of yourself comes from a place of love. You can't shame yourself into being thin.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I totally agree with Palestrina. Don't allow numbers/things to define you. Take care of yourself. :hugs:
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote