South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 07-01-2016, 06:10 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Canada Day in The Great White North!

Yes 149 years since Confederation and a big day since next year will be a biggie! Lots happening in Ottawa, of course, but we do manage a few celebrations out here in the Boonies. Weather permitting, I will be out on a large boat around 9 tonight, watching the fireworks on Big Rideau Lake.

First though is a 9 a.m. meeting to hand over some of the banking, bills and payroll to Sharon, the new Mill Treasurer. This will be the first of many little meetings as we arrange the switch. Of course today's the day my coffee maker decided not to work. (I'll go and borrow the one from the Town Hall for our meeting.)

Taking a serious look at my weight and "diet" this month. The scale has been steady for too long - actually it's been up 3 and down 3, then repeat! Bad carbs are way too easy to prep and serve - and I do know better. I need to get back on track now rather than waiting until after Delta Fair.

Time to hit the shower and crank up the day. I have a red and white geranium bouquet on the kitchen table to celebrate
CANADA 149!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 06:40 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, happy Canada day and I hope your weather holds for the festivities tonight!

Really enjoying coffee this am. I'm having a mouse explosion here. I've got more mice in the last week in the 13 years we've been in this house. The carpets are getting cleaned today and I'm hoping almost caught them all since they've made a little trail on the carpet to the cat food. The yard guy didn't show yesterday so I did it all myself. Bought myself brown rice sushi as a dinner treat. And all my errands are done in Denver which will make today's trip easier.

We have a gianormus road project happening. They've been talking about it for years and it's finally here. They are replacing all the water, sewer and gas lines, adding a drainage system for all the water run off, and then replacing all the sidewalks as well adjusting the grade of the road. They are just three blocks away at this point, and I think that once they close my section I won't have access from the front for at least two months. My only access will be from the upper Street which includes a very steep stairway. I've started bringing in supplies that I don't want to be caring on the stairs. I have 240 pounds of cat litter in the basement and yesterday brought in the dog and cat food. Thus, the urgency of getting the carpets cleaned. I'm under a strict warranty which offers lifetime replacement as long as the carpet is professionally cleaned every two years. My anniversary is August 1 and I'm sure they won't be able to get in here and another 10 days.

So I'll have another cup of coffee and then start moving furniture.

Happy Friday everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 07-01-2016 at 06:43 AM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning seems like I've been running crazy this week. Need to slow life down a little as it is effecting my overall well being.

Happy Canada Day Ruth I bet the fireworks will be spectacular from the boat.

Debbie hope the road project doesn't upset your life too much.

I have a few more minutes on the train so going to try and read the posts I've missed. At least I am getting a lot of foot miles in this week commuting by train. Have a great day!!!!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Canada Day to Ruth, Sophie and any other Canadians here! Enjoy your festivities!

We have sun this morning with rain predicted for the afternoon so I am about to go take a walk and then weed in the flower beds until lunch at least. I have on section in particular that needs attention. At least with another shot of rain I won't have to water the vegetables.

Jennifer, I must have missed it. Are you working in a different location this week or having car issues?

Debbie, have a productive day!

Got to run. The washer just finished up and I'm going to put the clothes on the line.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH day for me, work yesterday was annoying the new laptop also crapped out so waiting on desktop to come get it again. Seriously why won't they test if the camera and one of the software I need is installed and works before they bring it to me. Sorry had to vent

We are having another great weather day only in the 80s again we are getting rain but I am okay with it. DD2 is starting to plan for her birthday party which is next Friday lol.

Ruth Happy Canada day! We enjoy firework every night we were at Disney.

Debbie two months is a long time glad you are planning for it carefully

Jekel I am with Beth is your car in the shop?

Beth enjoy your day, is school out for you?

Have great day everyone!
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

I just lost a post so wishing happy Canada day to all canadians and 4th of July to all american chicks.
take care
Sophie
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote