Old 06-20-2016, 09:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255.6/253/145

Height: 5' 5

Default Hello all

I did my introduction post in the 100 lbs club section because I have over 100 lbs to lose. I thought I would pop in here as well since I am an ethical vegan. I am currently calorie counting but I am seriously considering going to and Eat to Live approach. What king of diets do you all follow?
Kate L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

low fat vegan. Lots of fiber.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255.6/253/145

Height: 5' 5

Any specific doctor you follow? o just keep it low fat?
Kate L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:41 PM   #4  

Height: 6-1.5

I like McDougall, but listen to Esselstyn, Ornish, (sorry if I don't spell the names correctly) and others, but this summer I have started eating more raw vegetable meals, because I used to throw some oils in my beans and rice (love vegetarian Indian food). I want to lose at least 30 lbs by November.

For instance to get a huge amount of vegetable (my jaws get so tired trying to eat this way), I use the food processor.

This morning and evening:

I processed:
3 carrots,
1/2 lemon without seeds or rind
1/2 onion
3 large kale leaves without central stem
3 large collard green leaves without central stem
Can of beets with juice (this is cooked, obviously).

Wash fresh veggies, then process in food processor. This totally fills your stomach with fiber. Makes 2 meals. Eat till you are stuffed though, or else several small meals.

It sounds very yukky, possibly. It tastes wonderful though. I like it, and make up a bunch at a time. I eat something like this 2 times per day and then eat potatoes or rice for dinner. I am a big time vegetable lover though, so I guess it depends on your relationship with vegetables.

The whole point of vegetarian for weight loss is to raise the fiber load to as high an amount as possible, and use no oils or animal products. If you fill up with fiber in this way, you don't feel hungry for other foods. A large percentage of vegetable is just fiber, water, and vitamins, so you get so very little calories it is very hard to gain weight unless you are adding other things. Grain and beans are a separate issue, and they do cost calories, but you still need calories for your basal metabolism, so you cannot skimp on eating "carbs." I usually eat 2 all vegetable meals, and one high starch diet per day. My starch food can be potatoes, or rice, or sometimes even a sandwich, stew, tofu dish, vegan Boca burgers, all cooked without oil.

If I want snacks, it is air popped popcorn, banana smoothies, or other vegan food without oil.

I hear people saying that you "need" oil. Sure. Every once in a while I have avocado, or a bit of nuts or coconut, but it is not an every day event. McDougall would be totally against this.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote