Old 06-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Maintainers Volume 20

HI We've passed the 500 mark and I never noticed whoopsie!
Here's the link to the previous thread, but we'll continue along here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-19-a-34.html
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Liana - that Indian buffet looked amazing! We have a fantastic buffet near work, but I've been actively avoiding it knowing I will have a very difficult time controlling myself

Jenny - thanks I never thought I would enjoy running, but it's really brought peace and clarity into my life

I finished the VA Wine Country 13.1 in 2:18 - 7 minutes slower than the Rock N Roll 13.1, but it was a much different course with VERY different weather (felt like Florida, not Virginia). Best part was I felt amazing afterwards and other than a brief spell of tiredness last week, that was probably more hormone-related than anything, I didn't have any of the recuperating issues I had back in March.

Eating clean this week - since my nephews wedding, we've had event after event, and I've been too lax with my eating - too many treats, nights out, & sugary desserts, even with all the exercise!
Clothes are ok, but I am seeing puff / chunk in my face & belly - pictures don't lie! I am sure the majority is water / carb-overload, but better to reign it in now. Also, it was a bit of an eye opener about how fast things can get out of control - but I am happy that IP has given me the knowledge and tools to know I am making too many not-good-for-me choices.

Hope everyone is doing well
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #3  

Congrats on the Wine Country run hysteria! Funny but I only picture tobacco when I hear Virginia, but they can't very well have cigarettes sponsoring a run, lol. I didn't know there were vineyards there. Beautiful I'm sure. My SIL and her hubby just moved this past winter to Virginia from Maryland. It's not far from the MD state border though; they used to live in Prince Frederick and now they are somewhere just across the arm of the Chesapeake. They need to be close to their sailboat.

Liana
Old 06-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #4  
Restarted IP Jan 04, 2016

S/C/G: 221/218/200-190

Height: 5'7"

Ugh... Up in weight and having a hard time putting down the fork or saying NO when something I "don't/shouldn't" eat is around.
crashtested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

TGIF Maintainers!

Thanks Liana for starting the new thread.

Day 6 of Reboot. Down 2.6, water weight I'm sure. Had a very hard day yesterday. SOOOO hungry all day. There are only so many cups of peppermint tea a girl can drink. If I see another cucumber I may scream. But I can do this. Just waiting for that not hungry feeling to kick in like it did before. Either that or I will switch over to the Alternative plan.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. I'm going to a festival to see the Gin Blossoms play and then fireworks!

Last edited by catlady1981; 06-24-2016 at 01:13 PM.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:24 PM   #6  

Happy Monday Maintainers!

Down a total now 4.10 on reboot. Woohoo! Plus inches.

I made the switch over to the Alternative/Diabetic Protocol. This is doable. Strict P1 is so hard at this point. I'm still loosing so I'll keep at it. Also I tell myself since I am eating more food then I have no excuse for not exercising. I took an hour long walk both Saturday and Sunday and it felt really good.

Also: Found some amazing new protein bars. They are called Oatmega. Super tasty with recognizable ingredients. You can see the oats, peanuts, pieces of fruit. I got some at Sprouts ($1.99 ea) as well as Target ($1.50 ea). They have lots of flavors and they would be considered a restricted on P1. They are nice change from the Quest/Mission taffy type bars. I found out about them at the IP Alternative Facebook page.

Last edited by catlady1981; 06-27-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 01:59 AM   #7  

Hi Andrea! Great new picture, I like!
Crashtested hang on!! Don't even go into the self talk battle - just immediately drop the fork and get away from the table. You can do this! We are rooting for you!
Wonder how things are going for Laura in Italy.... I can hardly wait to see the photos.

Liana
Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hysteria -sounds like you had a great run. It's always wonderful to feel good after doing that kind of distance. I am usually struggling to walk.

Andrea - great work on the reboot and love the new picture. I should try to remember how I did mine and update it.

Liana - have you seen Slip's photos on fb? They are beautiful. It looks like she is having a great trip

I'm back to running again! Makes me very happy and very frustrated. I can't do 5km without stopping yet and pace is slower but I know I'll get there. I lie my bike and swim training is going well. Hoping to do 2 Triathalons in sept. One sprint and one Olympic distance.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 AM   #9  
Restarted IP Jan 04, 2016

S/C/G: 221/218/200-190

Height: 5'7"

I had been running 3x a week since then beginning of April and suddenly stopped after my last run on June 13th. So I ran out (lol see what I did there ) of excuses last night and put my shoes on and got in a quick 5k! Back on the horse and into the rhythm!
crashtested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 04:14 AM   #10  

Slip's photos on FB look awesome.... seems like she has had a wonderful time! Hopefully we will hear more when she can hop back on the forums.

Fist pump for all the runners/walkers/cyclists!!
After 7 straight nights of work I am really pooped out and 3 off sounds really good although most of it is spent in recovery, lol. Back to work on Friday night but the other City Patrol person & I are trading 3 on/3 off this month so I am looking forward to that. DH & I just veg'd tonight and watched an old Robert Ludlum based movie from 1983 (and laughed at the clothes and hair!) and got into a kettle cooked bag of Rosemary & Olive Oil Chips. Gourmet stuff, but waaaay too many carbs (better smarten up in the morning).

I still can't seem to find the time for aquafit on my days off, seems they are taken up with stupid errands and housework, etc. And visiting/helping Mom & Dad of course.... The pic of your kids with grandparents on FB looked sweet, Jenny. Spending time with my mom makes me think of you and your dad. Same situation

Liana
Old 07-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #11  

Hello everybody!

Thanks for the pic love ya'll. Reboot plugging along. Hope to see Slip's pics on here since we aren't FB friends. Italy is on my bucket list.

Jenny: Hooray for exercise! I am jealous that you can ride your bike right now. It is so darn hot here (100 degrees +) that I just can't. So I'm doing a minimal workout on my stationary bike.

Liana: In the words of John Lennon: Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. It is hard to fit in everything in a day. But enjoy your days off!

crashtest: Good for you for finding your running mojo again.
Old 07-09-2016, 07:50 AM   #12  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if there's anyone around who remembers me, but I started IP right after Thanksgiving in 2012. I hit my goal weight by the spring of 2013. I was pretty good about maintaining for the first year after hitting goal, but let my weight creep up little by little particularly over the last year. I finally decided it was time for a reboot after lingering around 145 for too long. I was tired of tight shorts and jeans, and have a couple of big trips coming up.

Today is day 8 of the reboot, and so far so good! It's nice to see that IP still works when you stick with it. I'm sure that some of what I've lost so far is water weight, but it certainly helps with motivation! I committed to sticking with it for at least 30 days, or until I get back to 134.

I moved in 2013, so I no longer have a convenient way of getting IP products, and was using alternatives a lot anyway toward the end when I was on IP the first time. (Is there anyway nowadays to get them online?) This time around, I'm primarily using Quest Cookies and Cream protein powder, Quest bars, Protidiet Hot Chocolate and Protidiet Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal. The last two products are available in 21 serving jugs so it saves money. I can use the hot chocolate to make a pudding or shake, or add it to my coffee. I also just bought Healthsmart Cream of Chicken soup and LOVE it! That will become a staple for me.

Anyway, just wanted to reintroduce myself and say hi! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 10:42 PM   #13  

Hiya, bubbleblower.... I remember you, you are our Cayman Is. diver, no?
Welcome back, and good to hop on & do the reboot before it gets too out of hand .

Andrea: What suggestions of things to do can you give me for Houston area? I know you are in Dallas, but...
DH & I want to see the bat flight from under the Waugh Drive bridge (250,000 Mexican long tail bats) at dusk, probably go to House of Blues and hope they have something good scheduled, do a bike ride along Buffalo Bayou using B-Cycle. Oh, yeah, and maybe NASA Space Center. Anything else I should consider? We are looking at the very beginning of Dec 1-3 and middle 18-20. Bookending our trip to Jamaica.
Who else on our boards is from Texas.... I can't remember. HIS I think....

Liana
Old 07-10-2016, 07:08 AM   #14  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Liana: Yep, I go back and forth to Cayman a lot. The tourism folks and Cayman Airways are even using some of my photos in their ads. We'll head back down early next month, so I have that motivation for the reboot also.

It's been very hot here and exercise just hasn't made it onto my agenda in about 2 weeks. Might be time to get back into swimming mode. Today will be a big lunch and IP dinner since we're going out to brunch - except no mimosa or bloody Mary for me! Hope you all have a great Sunday also.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:51 AM   #15  

Sunday is my end of shift so I'm actually posting at 2:40 AM Mon... Almost done work. Only 1 hr til I start unlocking all the city & park washrooms, the easy part of the job. Congrats on the photo promo gig, bubbleblower! I was good today until I found a 95g bar of fairtrade Belgian chocolate with matcha green tea in it for only $1.48. Oh my goodness! Yum, but at least I shared it with DH. I seem to not want to get back to under 140 these days despite what I say. I need to stop the self-sabotage with "good deals." grrrr
Liana