Old 06-13-2016, 07:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223.5/225/165

Height: 5'4

Default Looking for a buddy or a few

Are there any daily check in threads? I have been stumbling with weight watchers the last month. I know why it is not working so great I keep cheating. I could really use a friend or two for some support. Anyone else feel lost without support? I tried the Weight watchers forums and they were just confusing.

Nikki
Nicole1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #2  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Nikki, I just re-started WW but from home and am doing the old WW points plan. I am not signed up with WW as I know this plan worked for me years ago and I got fat again the past 3 years and know this plan works. I try to keep sweets that I know the points on hand at home. I love the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. They are 3 points. Here for you if you need me.

Emmy
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:25 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1288 View Post
Are there any daily check in threads? I have been stumbling with weight watchers the last month. I know why it is not working so great I keep cheating. I could really use a friend or two for some support. Anyone else feel lost without support? I tried the Weight watchers forums and they were just confusing.

Nikki
I'm looking for friend too
Sunshinebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 06:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/215/140

Height: 5'1''

Im joining tonight, I'd love to have a buddy to chat with along the way!
Jayla0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #5  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

You might want to join in with the Bale of Turtles thread--a WW group on 3FC...or start your own daily check-in thread.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 211.2/194.8/170

Height: 5'10"

I have been on WW before, lost a bunch, then went "on my own" and gained it back. Did Atkins - liked it but missed bread!

So I rejoined this week. They are offering 30% off for the next three months if you join before August 1st. I like the accountability. If I know I have to step on that scale, then it gives me incentive to stay on track.

The one thing I do not like is the WW forums. After all these year, they are still neanderthal and not user friendly.

Publix has the WW ice cream bars BOGO this week which I plan on buying. I tend to be a snacker so This will be my night snack if I am good that day!

I would love to have other WWers to lean on too!
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Red face Also looking for daily forum buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole1288 View Post

Nikki
I have just started WW again after gaining A TON of weight during recovery from two major back surgeries. I have a long way to go and I would love to find a group of ladies to check in with on a daily basis, not on the WW site. I am doing the personal coaching which is great for accountability, but I have to listen to a lot of WW platitudes.
charliebear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:10 AM   #8  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, I was looking at the new posts & read this thread. Here's a good thread I joined yesterday, check it out.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...ml#post5273454

Another thread to see if you use any fitness trackers is:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post5273480

Once upon a time, 8 yrs ago I went through problems & I gained 20# of fat & my weight went up to 170#. I went from wearing my normal size medium clothes to a size extra large at 170#, I changed myself & began eating 1 serving size portions, unless the food was naked veggies which are unlimited & healthy. It took me about 5 months to lose that 20# without dieting, by reading labels & recipes & using a measuring cup. I've maintained weighing 145#-150# wearing a size medium clothes the last 7 1/2 yrs. After you measure your food for about a week, it becomes easy to visually see the serving size portions without measuring everything. Using our common sense & using substitutions for unhealthy cravings people now call Mindful Eating, whatever you decide to name it, we all just want a healthy body to enjoy life

This summer from having a sprained ankle & summer allergies I started eating carelessly & I gained almost 5#. So I'm back here again at 3FC to get motivated & for support to lose those 5# of fat because nobody criticizes us or makes us feel unwanted for our size here.

Good luck to each of you this is a wonderful support website

If you really want to lose weight to get healthier, it Will happen When you screw up, Forgive yourself & Begin again
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:30 AM   #9  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

I began WW on my own at home without signing up on 7/19/16. I am down 9 lbs. as of this morning. I love the plan because you can eat whatever you want, you only have to know how to do the points on it. I do not eat fruit or veggies everyday because I don't like them. It's not going as fast as I hoped for because I am in my 50s now, but at least it's not going up anymore. Best wishes to you all. Emmy

Last edited by EMERALDberry; 08-09-2016 at 07:40 AM.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:11 PM   #10  

Just joined the group tonight. I've been on weight watchers before and have stopped gaining weight. I have also lost 53 lbs., but it has been over a long period of time. I need to get focused and start losing again. I would also welcome some support.
2fatchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/198/???

Height: 5'4"

Default Just

Hi -- just joined for the millionth time -- I have never been on-line before, so we'll see. I always really liked meetings, even if I didn't lose, I enjoyed the group. I am a little confused with the new program, but hopefully will straighten itself out. Looking forward to the journey -- I'M READY!!!
LindaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 12:41 AM   #12  
Less of a Better Me

Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions and maybe someone will be able to help.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote