South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 06:11 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Thankful Thursday Beach Chat, June 2

Good Morning!

I'm thankful for a day off. I'll stay home and work in the yard. I've already been decluttering. I lost a check which is good reason to start filing and putting stuff away. It was supposed to be in the glove box of my car with all the gas receipts and when I went to get it yesterday the entire box was empty. I know I decided to quit saving the gas receipts....maybe I recycled it all. Anyway, I may have to call StateFarm today. It was the reimbursement for the gal that hit me on NewyearsDay.

I guess I'll head downstairs for coffee. Just heard DH come in from the shop.

Thinking of Tammy and her recovery this morning!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-02-2016, 06:50 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Was up with the birds and sat outside enjoying their songs with the dogs who love the deck as the sun rises. I also was locked out my laptop again!

Feeling very thankful and relieved that yesterday's meeting re the Treasurer job went well. Sharon knows lots of the job including payroll and will ease into the job over the next month. Our Annual General Meeting if June 14th when she will be "elected" Director and the following week there is the Executive Meeting when she will officially be appointed as Treasurer. We have hired a local woman to do the bookeeping at $25 an hour, (I should submit a bill for the past five years.)

Just took the trash to the road and felt a soft rain begin. It sure is needed! My lawn is looking green because it is fairly shaded but walking across the Post Office lawn is like walking on shredded wheat. Our farmers are really worried - corn planted two weeks ago is barely up. The fields are usually deep green by now. that we get a few solid rains soon.

This morning I head to town for a haircut and a minor shop and Michelle will be here when I get home around noon. I am going to have her put up the lace curtain over the door to the deck. Then the dogs can go in and out and the flies and mosquitoes won't! So far no skeeters but that's probably from lack of rain.

Time for a quick shower and some upstairs tidying. Suddenly my summer wardrobe is spread over the guestrooms - time for some ruthless purging which I should have done in the fall. (At least everything fits! I am thankful!)
Old 06-02-2016, 07:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning chicks. Ruth you definitely should submit a bill!!! Enjoy your haircut and clean home. Oh how I wish Michelle lived closer lol.

Debbie I have misplaced important checks too. I shredded, so I think, an insurance check a few years ago. I have State Farm, they replaced it without any headache.

Up early yet again, thanks dogs lol. I am following Jim to our neighbor's funeral this morning then heading in. Found out my boss will be off for a minimum of 4 weeks while his ankle heals. Guess to my to do list will keep getting bigger oh well. I do plan on a quick 30 minutes on the bike before I need to get ready. Keep your fingers crossed I won't need to iron anything lol.

Today I am thankful for feeling rested even if only on 4 hours sleep. I must admit I sleep soundly since changing what I eat. I've established a "no work thoughts" rule in the bedroom and have done really well sticking to it. Even my binging has been pretty non existent since DS moved. I guess it is less stressful for me worrying about him not seeing him everyday. Still miss him and he is literally a mile away. Although my electric bill was less than 100 bucks this month. Now that is a miracle!!! lol

Have a great day!!!
Old 06-02-2016, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 248/216/148

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning, Nothing excited planned here today since it's supposed to be over 100 degrees. After work DH and I may work on the library we've been building but we'll have to see how the day goes. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:11 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Found the check in the big car. Got the little car unloaded in the process. Four tires two bags of soil bag of dog food 5 gallons of water and weed cloth.

Dawn, sounds hot and probably dry, too.

Jennifer, out for four weeks with the boss off. Oh well. I paid my electric/gas bill averaged monthly. Just got my re-about patient for the year and I'm down another $80 a month. That's even with the drastic drop I had one we installed the new boiler.

Ruth, they changed my grad trash day to Thursday. I need to go do yard sweeping get a bunch of stuff in before they pick up. I like to get my moneys worth. Such great news that the treasurers job should pass quite easily.

I'm just drinking coffee on the porch again watching a bird feeder. Too bad Cyndi is not here to identify.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is biopsy day so think positive thoughts this afternoon for me I am wfh today and my manager gave me stuff to do last evening to add to my to do for today. Thinking of Tywnn this morning and hope she is doing okay

Debbie glad you found the check that would have bothered to no end if I couldn't find.

Ruth glad the transition meeting went well, hope you get rain

Jekel sounds like you will have a double load of work with your boss out. Hopefully the install on Saturday will go smoothly

Dawn whew that is hot already

Beth glad you got DS moved in and hope your dad is doing good.
Old 06-02-2016, 09:39 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Lost my post twice today!! Trying again quickly.

Jennifer, thinking of you going to the funeral and with your extra duties while the boss is out.

Pearlrose, thanks for the wishes. My dad is doing ok but I will go spend the weekend with my mom. (I need to go check my packing job in a minutes...)

Ruth, hope you had a good trip to town. Congrats on passing the treasurer job to someone else.

Debbie, I saw some bright orange birds in the yard the other day. I had been waiting to see them again; I'm not sure if they were orioles or tanagers.

Dawn, welcome back!

I'm thankful for the rain today and I suspect the yard is also. We have been unusually hot and dry the last week or so.

Think I can successfully hit "post"??
Closed Thread