Old 06-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/266/160

Height: 5'8

Default The rest of my life, the best of my life!

"I'm gonna make the rest of my life, the BEST of my life".

Today starts my journey to a healthier, happier life. Sure, I'm happy, most days. I have an awesome little boy that I love to the moon and back and he means the world to me. Besides the obvious reasons, he is the MAIN reason for getting myself in shape and kicking this chunk for good.

I want to be there when he graduates high school, I want to be the smothering mom that won't leave his new dorm room on his first day of college, I want his future wife to have a chance to hate me, until she realizes how awesome I am and that I only have his best interests in mind when I did an intensive background check on her and checked her references, past employment history and credit report.

With that being said, I am 34 years old, divorced and raising a child while making sure he has anything and everything he needs. I may as well include myself in that list, because he needs his mom to stick around for a long while. So, I start my weight loss journey with a sense of humility and determination.

NO, I won't take any "vitamins" or supplements to aid my journey. First of all, my thyroid may blow up or something, second of all, I need my heart in tip top shape. I don't trust those things and years later, you hear horror stories. I never have and never will take them. Simply, my opinion and my choice.

What I will do is eat better (no promises that I won't find a way to sneak a snack here and there) and exercise. I don't want to crash diet, fad diet or starve myself. It won't work on me. But, I want to learn how to eat better, forever. I'm a big fan of certain veggies and I should be eating them more than I do. Just...no onions, ever.
I started today, June 1st, 2016. I joined Anytime Fitness and my flashy new water bottle and hauled my chunky butt to the gym and jumped on the treadmill.

The goal everyday is this:

1x 45 minute long episode on Netflix on the treadmill or ellipical
45 minutes of weight training (I'm currently reading up on the best plan to fit me. No roman chairs in the near future)

If I can commit to 5-6 days a week of exercise, I will be setting myself up for positive things.

Here goes nothing and everything all at once. I have 101 lbs to lose. I can do it and I will do it, in time.
kaismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/230.0/156

Height: 5' 8"

Fantastic! Keep up the good outlook on your journey it sounds like you care very much about your sweet boy. And you have the good type of sass to get this moving. Best wishes!
lemonthyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #3  
In It to Win It!

S/C/G: 263/ticker/160

Height: 5'4

Welcome! I like the quote, as cliche as it is "Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

Joining a gym and making a commitment to eat better is the first step to making a change.

I would honestly recommend talking to a registered dietician, if you want to learn how to eat better, and what to eat. It helped me immensely figure out what was lacking in my diet, and what I needed more of. I too have a thyroid disorder (as in, I don't have one anymore). Also talk to your doctor about your thyroid issues, and what foods you should avoid that can interfere with healthy thyroid function.

By "vitamins", do you mean weight loss pills, or something like an Omega-3 supplement, iron, calcium, etc? Or something more like like phen-fen? I found I don't have enough iron and calcium in my diet, and after talking to my doctor, I take a daily iron supplement, along with a calcium supplement. However, everyone is different and can't have vitamins and digest them properly.

Any who, good luck! People are here for support and often have great ideas about overcoming obstacles, plateaus, etc!!
banditbear is offline   Reply With Quote