South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - May 28 & 29

Really, really hot here! Once again we are going up into the 90's with high humidity. Today is The Ottawa Marathon and they are thinking of cancelling it because of the heat! I kind of wish "Doors Open" was cancelled because of the heat but it can't happen. Here we are heading for 95F this afternoon and it will stay way above normal for the next week. I'm sure glad we decided not to wear period costume this weekend although I will wear a long Indian cotton skirt and a light shirt for serving.

I threw a beef stew into the crockpot last night and it smells pretty good. I may have a bowl for breakfast to hold me for this long day - Book Club tonight but I won't stay late since we get to this again tomorrow.

By the way the new chairs and tables finally arrived late yesterday afternoon. What a job the guys had carrying them into the Town Hall since the delivery guy's forklift couldn't lift the palettes high enough to reach the porch. So glad we had a good team of volunteers to lift and lug. I went to the store and bought cold beer all around.

I think the coffee has recharged me enough to start the day. I need to water my flats of plants so they can survive the heat today. Poor babies will have to wait until Monday unless I have some scraps of leftover energy late Sunday afternoon.

Enjoy your weekend - and if you've nothing to do come to Delta and I'll give you a job!
Old 05-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Ruth thanks for starting us off. I'd love to come up to Delta, but by the time I got there everything would be over It's a scorcher here too. I came downstairs and put the AC on. I'll shut it off when I go to work. Hopefully it will keep things comfortable for the pups. I may take a ride tomorrow to an appliance chain to see about getting a new one installed. I really would like one I could program. Really I would love central air, but that's not happening lol.

Not sure what if anything I will do before work. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is starting out rainy again but hopefully will just be cloudy this afternoon. Went and saw the new Xmen movie last night, they are my favorite Marvels franchise of movies. I enjoyed it. Today we might be going to six flags but first need to check on the weather. If we go i will stop in at work and pick up my laptop so I can run it through the some tests.

Ruth wow that is hot, I wouldn't want to be running a marathon in that kinda of weather. Hope everything goes by smoothly for you.

Jekel when we bought this house 22 years ago we put in central A/C but only for the downstairs at it would have cost much more since the upstairs did not have vents installed would have had to put in a second unit. So we put in window units upstairs to keep cool during the summer. I think they do have programmable ones.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-28-2016, 12:57 PM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ouch! Sounds like a hot day for some of you. Ruth, thanks for getting us started this weekend!

MIA yesterday. Thursday I came in from the yard because it had started raining and Kirk called and said come over to Glenwood. So I basically put the dog in the car grabbed my purse and headed over. It was a busy two nights there. We left early this morning and I went all the way down to Denver to get more bark chips for my project. Had to get an official letter to the now departed awful tenants. I had until noon today. That's done now I think I will take a nap. Maybe I will get up later after the ground dries a bit project. We've had two days of rain.

Happy weekend everyone!
Old 05-28-2016, 09:21 PM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good evening Chicks. We topped out at 97 this afternoon. I was putting my garden in, so it was a long, hot day. We hit the river when DH got home. So glad we can just walk down there anytime we want to. That swim got me through the evening. Tonight's salad was raw cauliflower, celery, pepper, carrots, red onion, and poached turkey breast with a lemon dijon tarragon dressing. The heat has me expanding my salad repertoire.

Ruth - Thank goodness I have my flats in trays so constant water available. My greenhouse was 127 this afternoon, with the windows and door wide open

Jennifer - DH just hooked up the AC for the pup. She has a short snout and just can't handle the heat. It must have been brutal in the city today.

Rose - Hope it was a fun day at Six Flags.

Debbie - Did you get that well-deserved nap today!

Okay, time for a glass of wine then off to bed. For reasons I will never understand I've been waking up at 4:00 am. yuck! Hope tonight is better because tomorrow is another hot (not quite as hot, I hope) day of planting.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:33 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Cyndi, I'm awake at 4 too lately but stay abed until it's time for the dogs to get up or I can't stand it anymore. It'd be easier to sleep if my darn brain would shut off.

We served over 60 Ploughman's lunches yesterday and sold all the flour we milled. I guess the heat didn't deter folk from touring - probably because it was too darned hot to garden. It certainly was a tiring day and I was very tired when I got home at 6. I skipped Book Club which was sad as it was just up the hill but my legs were just too tired to go up there. Moel offered to haul me up in the wheelbarrow but I declined in favour of time with the dogs, TV, a glass of wine and early bed. Sure felt good. Today there is more of the same lunch prep and serve but it should not be as busy.

The plants I bought last week are still looking happy. Getting them in the ground will be my Monday priority. If I have any ambition tonight, I'll get the front porch set up for early morning coffee. Now that I have a laptop, I could sit out there to start us up. Right now it's too darned hot.

Enjoy your day, whatever you do but take care of yourself.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:44 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I need to get hopping here. Worktime soon. I did sleep most of yesterday afternoon I don't know if it helped or not. I still feel tired this morning. I did get hummingbird food made and the cat box cleaned out. Smoothie stuff is sitting out. I think those will be the essentials of my morning. Try to stay cool and have a great day everyone!
Old 05-29-2016, 09:45 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I slept in until 7:30 a.m. felt good. We had a good time at Six Flags at the waterpark portion, made sure to put plenty of sunblock on. Today DD1 wants to go shopping at outlet malls so will go there though I don't really need anything. I do need to weed maybe later this afternoon will get that done.

Sounds like everyone else is hanging in there for the heatwave hope it breaks soon.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

more gardening, some walking, and a much more pleasant day here. If the rain allows I will get more garden work done tomorrow. If not, well there will be more days

Today's pressure cooker experiments included baked beans and corn on the cob. I am loving what it can do, and how little heat it throws. Time for bed, DH is working tomorrow and the alarm goes off at 5:30
Closed Thread