South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 08:39 AM   #1  
In Control: E+R=O

Default Weekly Goal - Week of August 25

Well, I didn't do wonderfully well with my goal for last week. My goal was to stop eating in front of the television and computer, while reading the newspaper or book, while standing in the kitchen....etc. Old habits sure are hard to break!! And something inside of me keeps telling me that I have to be efficient and multitask, doing more than one thing at a time. I need to work to convince myself that my mealtime is important, and that I should take the time to relax and enjoy it, savoring my food. I definitely need to keep working on this!!!!

My goal for this week is to try at least one new recipe each week! Now that I've been on this WOL for 5 weeks, I'm finding myself starting to get into a little bit of a rut food-choice wise. I have found a couple of recipes that I really like, and keep eating them. I need to expand my culinary horizons, or I'm going to end up getting bored....which is NOT a good thing!!! I have bought a couple of new low-carb cookbooks, and can't wait to dive in to them!!

How did you all do with your goals last week?? What are your goals for this coming week???
Old 08-24-2003, 09:50 AM   #2  
Waiting to Grow Up!

Default Goals

My goal for the wk is to un-do the damage I did when I went off-plan ! I started phase 1 Friday and am already down 3 #s so hope that trend continues .

I also need to decide what workouts I'm going to do and follow up this wk. I was sick last wk and got off-track there too.

darlene
Old 08-24-2003, 11:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My goal is to reach 10,000 on my pedometer three days this week. Now that it's cooler, I have no excuse!
Old 08-24-2003, 06:45 PM   #4  

Can I try the same goal again and attempt to exercise 3 times this week? As soon as my DD finishes the dishes we will go out for a walk. Going to have to try and find a new walking partner when she goes back to school next week...Julie
Old 08-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #5  

My goal last was to stay on plan all week, which I did, because I knew I had a few events this weekend that would take me off ...

I have two goals this week, the first is to do 3 days back in Phase I ... the second is to stay away from the scale til Sunday!!!
Old 08-25-2003, 08:04 PM   #6  
Waiting to Grow Up!

I'm in shock because I was down another 2#s today! Going back to P1 wasn't such a bad idea! I usually don't weigh daily but needed the reassurance that the other 3#s were really gone! I don't lost those 3#s once already!

Good luck with Goals!!!
darlene
Old 08-26-2003, 09:12 AM   #7  

My goal this week is to get under 160 lbs. Haven't seen it in a while.

This WOE is so much easier than everything else I've tried. Before, counting and measuring things didn't bother me. But I'm at a point in my life where I just couldn't take the stress of keeping track of all that anymore. (Just had a 2nd child 12 yrs after the first one - a miracle in itself - and trying to homeschool the older at same time.)

Where in TX are you from Darlene? I'm in San Antonio.

Good luck All!

TJ
165/160/145 or less
Old 08-26-2003, 07:57 PM   #8  
Waiting to Grow Up!

TJ -- I live in Brownsville with a wonderful husband, a huge doggy and an African grey parrot :-)

I love the SA area!!! I grew up pretty close to SA ... about 30 mi N. of Victoria so went to a lot of concerts in your area during that time! My brother lives in New Braunfels, my son in San Marcos and have an aunt in SA.

I think it's great that you are homeschooling! I wanted to do that when my son was younger but wanted him to be around other kids since he's an only child.

I too think that SBD is the easiest to follow program I have tried so far. I love that my bad cravings are gone most of the time. We have our one legal treat each evening. Otherwise, I am ok and not obsessed with chocolate!

Good luck with your goals :-)
darlene
Closed Thread