South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2003, 03:42 PM   #1  

Default Chocolate craving!!!!!!!

It seems like 3 weeks of the month temptation isn't too high, then that "one time of the month" MUST HAVE CHOCOLATE.
And it's usually for chocolate brownies. If I try to eat around it, it's useless. Wondered if anyone has tried the Atkins brownie mix, or if anyone has tried some good brownie like recipes. I've tried a couple using ricotta cheese , cocoa and splendra and couldn't stand them. Wondered if I missed something. Would love to hear how others handle their choc. cravings.
Old 08-23-2003, 05:05 PM   #2  
Imagine...

I hear ya! I have a chocolate monkey on my back!! I read somewhere about someone using something called somersweet brownie mix, not sure though. Sure would love to be able to have some kind of op brownie......we can only hope!!

I also don't like the ricotta...yuckie! I did just make some cohc. covered strawberries with semi - sweet choc. very yummieee

everyone do the brownie dance!!
Old 08-23-2003, 06:19 PM   #3  

I buy dark chocolate with 70% cocoa solids and try to have only a few squares.

Having choc covered strawberries sounds even better.
Old 08-23-2003, 10:06 PM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

When you absolutely, positively MUST have chocolate...go for the gusto! And I don't mean eat a party sized bag of M&Ms, either!

Have one wonderful, sinful, expensive chocolate...Godiva, for example. Savor every nibble, enjoy every sensation....and hopefully your craving will be satisfied! I have birthday box of Godiva chocolates waiting for the day when I can't NOT have one...I like knowing it is there! Good luck!
Old 08-25-2003, 06:07 AM   #5  

Are the new sugar free candies allowed on the SBD? There are a good varity of them. Yo can buy then=m at Walmart Super Centers.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:18 AM   #6  
Mous

Yes, they are but no more than 5 at a time because it can have side effects. Remember to add the calories into the 75 that are allowed.

Lady
Old 08-25-2003, 06:37 AM   #7  
In Control: E+R=O

Chris, the sugar free candy is made by replacing sugar with sugar alcohols, which can cause intestinal upset in some people, resulting in diarrhea and gas. You might want to try just a couple at first to see how sensitive you may be to them. And like Lady said, be sure to include them in the 75 sweet calories allowed per day.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:21 AM   #8  

Last night I made chocolate meringues ... they came out great and just enough of a chocolate fix ...

3 egg whites, 1 cup equal, 3T unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 t cream of tarter, 1/4 t salt ... beat the egg whites with the cream of tarter til it forms peaks, add equal about 1T at a mixing after each addition time til it's stiff enough ... fold in the cocoa powder ...

Bake at 300 (use parchment paper on cookie sheet) for 40 minutes ... makes about 3 dozen
Old 08-25-2003, 10:44 AM   #9  
GARDENING ADDICT

Nikki that sounds great. Could you substitute Splenda for egual and how much would you use? What if you don't have parchment paper?
Old 08-25-2003, 10:52 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You could use that new quick release aluminum foil of you don't have parchment paper.
If Splenda measures the same as sugar - one T + 1T - you could use it. I never thought of using artificial sweeteners in meringues!
I'm going to copy that recipe into the recipe section so it doesn't get lost.
Old 08-25-2003, 01:07 PM   #11  

Hello All!!

I am new to this thread, but saw the question about some SBD legal chocolate. Here is a receipe for some really good brownies. Hope this helps...

DECADENT FUDGE BROWNIES
4 grams carbs per serving

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup ground pecans
2 sticks butter (I Can't Believe It's Not Butter or SmartSpread)
20 - 25 packets Splenda
4 eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375
Melt butter
Mix in cocoa, nuts, Splenda, & eggs
Pour into buttered 8" or 9" square pan
Bake for 25 - 30 minutes
Allow to cool for 10 minutes or so
Serve with fat-free whipped cream, if desired
Old 08-25-2003, 01:17 PM   #12  
Imagine...

Bella27 you are a lifesaver. I am not much of a cook but I am gonna try your brownie recipe...sounds easy & delish!!

Thanks again!
Old 08-31-2003, 02:00 PM   #13  

Question Chocolate Craving

Bella27,

That brownie receipe sounds great!

Question...I buy splenda in a box...can you tell me about how much 20 - 25 packets would be? (1/2 cup, a cup?)

Can't wait to try them!

Sue
Old 08-31-2003, 02:06 PM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Nickiloo: a question about the meringues? I made them using the egg whites that come all separated. Used Splenda. but I didn't get very many they were small and sort of bitter. I used 3 TBS cocoa. Was the recipe for 3 TBS or 3 tsp? I read it as 3 tablespoons. Also wondered if I separated the eggs myslef if it would make a difference.

Bell: Can't wait to try the brownie recipe. I expect we are limited to just one at a time?:

Ann
Closed Thread