Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#395

joe anne
08-23-2003, 01:07 PM
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations

joe anne
08-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi friends
Sorry for being gone, but I've had such a none stop week, getting my kids off to school and trying to get myself enrolled back in college.
For sure I have not been on my best behavior, at least for exercising, and my eating can use some improvement. since I've got most everything taken care of, now I can focus on all that.
I also figured it was my turn to start the new thread, so I hope I did everything alright?
I'll be back later to catchup on everyone, see ya later:wave:

MichelleK
08-23-2003, 02:10 PM
Hey Kat...isn't it gorgeous outside???

I just finished running errands for the day now I need to get this pig sty house cleaned up! I cleaned out the fridge and have tons of plastic stuff to wash now along with breakfast dishes too! I did throw on a load of laundry before I left! Now to just get it into the dryer! Maybe after someone will come along and fold and hang and put away? No such luck!!

Well I took the boy for his hair cut..he looks so handsome now!! Then I bought him a chicken nugget happy meal and I am proud to say I only had a cheeseburger and a diet coke! That is progress for me!! Its 2:00 and I have only eaten that and the oatmeal today so far! I did pick up two small beef tenderloin steaks for honey and me tonight! Do I am sure I will get some points in there!!

Anyways....while the boy was eating his lunch I drove to Philly to the credit union to deposit my pay so I can pay my car payment and on the way back I just couldn't resist going into that new grocery store FOOD BASICS! I drive right by it on the way to the credit union...so I rationalized and said I need fresh produce...and believe me it was well worth it...I got apples, and red pears (never had them but figured what the heck), I got bananas, nectarines, I got hotdogs for the cookout for andrew's birthday party, I got lunch meat and cheese for John's lunch, I got a jar of fire roasted red peppers for my salads, I got eggs, part skim riccotta cheese which is good for a breakfast treat..I'll get to that, I got squash, cukes, red onions and a bunch of other stuff for my soup...

Ok for the breakfast thingy....toast two pieces of lite bread, mix whatever riccotta cheese you want with a packet of sweetner and spread it on the toast then put it under the broiler for a couple minutes to make it kinda hot and bubbly and you have yourself a danish like breakfast, 1 pt for the bread and however many points you used for the riccotta cheese! You could use it for a snack when you want something sweet. You could even put a little strawberry jam on there too! Ok I am making myself hungry now!

Thin can you repost that peanut butter, cool whip recipe again...I lost mine and can't find the thread you posted it on! Thanks!

Barb...I am sending you a pm about tomorrow as soon as I finish here!

Well I better get going...need to do something in this house before John gets home from work!

TTFN Michelle

2cute2Bfat
08-23-2003, 03:13 PM
HI guys... WOW I am getting really behind here.. new thread and I haven't read all of the last one yet.
I fell asleep reading last night and I am writing this offline today.
I just don't have time to read everything today... but I do want to keep connected with my favorite group of LOSERS. ;) LOL

Joanne... thanks for starting this thread.

connie..I am sending tons of good vibes :goodvibes: your way and praying for some relief of your pain.

Michelle... thanks for starting the last new thread...I was shocked last night I was so far behind... and now I am even MORE behind. :rolleyes:

Mary.. I have heard that Preparation H is good for all kinds of itching not just rectal.
Have you switched laundry soap or hand soap or shampoo or ANYTHING ???

Terri... did I hear you correct ?? My notes says 2 exercises per day ?? Wow... congratulations.
Pam..NOT eating over stress is a MAJOR success. And it looks like it has paid off.. 5 lbs !! :cp:
Barb... Way to go with your 2 lbs too. :dance: Ask anyone who hasn't lost 2 lbs how GREAT that is. LOL
Sandy... sleeping in till 7:45... for some that is getting up early. LOL Since I have been taking better care of myself I wake up between 6:30- 7:30 on my own now.

Natalie...I will be on vacation when your birthday arrives... so I am going to sing to you now if you don't mind. LOL
Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you ... happy birthday dear Natalie ... Happy birthday to you !! :D

Melissa... LOL... I am not sure what my notes mean... :chin: "good to see you party" ... Hmmmm I don't remember what you wrote now. lol

Tina... I LOVE your new photos. They remind me sooooo much of me and my husband. Two young sprites.... carefree and niave. LOL
Thin... I am so proud of you for returning to Curves. :cp: I think you were just suffering from PMS last week.

Okay....That is when I fell asleep reading. I will try to make it back tonight to catch up reading and posting again. I love you all... even if I did not mention you by name. I am just sooo busy again and soooo tired last night I could not finish reading all of the posts.

Terri in MO
08-23-2003, 06:01 PM
I'm here to report that I've done my exercise as planned:

morning exercises with the 8 lb weights
1 mile WATP
35 minutes on the spinner

I'll do the dog walk at dark. Right now, he's laying on the floor snoring; sounds like a horse. Bet if I said, WALK, he'd leap two feet in the air. Dumb dog. But he keeps me moving.

Have a great afternoon! I'm off to update balance log.

Stepping Out
08-23-2003, 07:32 PM
I've been lurking for the last couple of days. I just finished catching up, and you've had some great posts.

Tina: You and your DH are such a cute couple :D ! Thanks for your post about eating. Yesterday was like that for me. My DH is working, my DS is out wherever, and I'm alone, so I turned to my old friends-the cupboard and the refrigerator. I don't know; I'm not even hungry! I feel like I need to cry or scream or do something, but I'm stuffing it with food. Yesterday I found out that an old friend has had a recurrence of cancer, and it doesn't look good for her. I'm stuck in the house most of the time, and DS is still giving me fits. I'm sorry for venting, but right now I only have you ladies (and the LORD ) to talk to :cry:

Barb and Pam: Great job on your weight loss! Pam, I'm sorry you and Jane are going through a rough patch-congrats to you for not turning to food as comfort :cp:

Meliss: I liked your post about everything being tailored for thin people. One of my pet peeves is booths in restaurants. Between my overall size and my handicap; it's a real pain:headache: getting in and out.

Thin: I'm glad you're back at Curves. Keep up the good work!

Mary: Hope you're feeling better soon :)

I hope everyone has an excellent weekend. I'm going to try to be in chat later. See you then!

peekabooangel
08-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Wow, I missed almost a whole thread again. I love it when you are all so chatty and give me so much to read. I love learning about your everyday lives.

DH and I went out to dinner tonight and a movie for our Anniversary. We went to the 5:00 showing, so it was only $5.00 each. Then we were going to a resturaunt we had never been to, but we decided to go to one of our favorites instead. It is kind of pricey, but it was a treat for us. Our anniversary is actually Tuesday, but it's hard to do things in the week.

Movie theater seats? Do I need to say anything further? My butt just fit, but so did dh's. And the seats are like crammed in there, but besides us there was only 2 other people in the theater....hahahaha. We say "American Wedding" and I thought it had many funny parts. I would watch again. We love all the American Pie movies so far and this one was good too.

Tina: I loved the pics of you and Ron through the years that was great!!! You guys are so cute together. How old were you when you two started dating? DH and I were 17 and 18.

Mary: Hope the itchys are gone.....

Gonna run and watch the race with hubby now....Hugs to all.

Sandy

BarbPA
08-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Hi Gals -
What a day. We ended up spending part of the day at a Dr. office - last night DH started complaining of pain in his kidney area and this morning he thought we was going to pass out when he urinated. We got into a medical center that is open on weekends. They diagnosed it as a UTI and put him on antibiotics and recommended lots of water and cranberry juice. I felt so bad for him he was in such pain. It takes a lot for him to break down and see a docter so when he said he wanted to go I knew it was serious. He's already asleep for the night so he must really be wiped out. Hopefully the meds will start kicking in for him.

I think I am going to turn in as well. Boy, we have such exciting Saturday nights around my house. Asleep by 10pm. :yawn:

Joanne --- So happy to see you back. Hopefully things will start slowing down for you so you can get back into your routine.

Michelle --- I sent you a PM. Looking forward to tomorrow! :)

2cute --- Sorry to hear we bored you to sleep catching up with us. :lol: Just kidding, I know you have been running yourself ragged here lately.

Terri --- My, oh, my, what a busy little exerciser you were today! Good Job!
:high:

Homebound --- Great to see you popping back in! We wondered where you went. :)

Sandy --- Sounds like a nice date night with Hubby. Happy (early) Anniversary!!!
:cheers:

Sweet dreams to all!!!
:love: Barb

thinthinker
08-23-2003, 10:18 PM
Hi all! :wave: I'm back from my conference. I swear, if I ever see another orange construction barrel, or closed freeway, or detour sign I'll SCREAM!!!! :yikes: It took me 5 freeways this morning to get to Toledo and it should have only taken me 2. Everytime I'd go a few miles, the freeway would be closed down. :mad: Toledo is an hour drive from me, it took 2. Good thing I started out early!

I checked in at chat a little bit ago and no one was there, so either you all forgot, or you weren't too chatty. :eek:

I'm gonna head out. You all have a good night.

2cute2Bfat
08-24-2003, 12:57 AM
Hidey Ho ladies. :wave:
I just woke up ... I was so tired I fell asleep on the couch.
I SHOULD HAVE went straight to bed ... but came here instead. :)

Thin... glad you made it there and back safe and sound. Although it sounds like the drive was not a very good one. How was the all day workshop?? Did you learn anything new?? It sucks that they would pick rookies over experienced ... especially since you have proved yourself to them over the last 10 years.

Kat... I bet your daughter was excited to get moved in. Her room sounds GREAT... and what a view.!!! What is the name of the school?? Isn't it that fancy , highly prestige one??

Sandy... Happy Anniversary now in case I forget Tuesday. I plan to go to see my mom that day.

Terri and Barb ... I loved what you both had to say to Melissa.
Thanks.. I needed to hear it too.

Melissa.. I too let my weight run and ruin my life. I would want to see people ... but did not want them to see me. It is even true within this wonderful group. :o I did not want any of you to see me either. BUT I have changed since getting more active. I am so excited to see all of you next spring/early summer... fat or thin. (me)

Tina... I could totally relate to your goal is to be able to be picked up again.
I have NEVER been picked up... not even across the threshold.
and now even if I lose all of my weight... my husband's back is too bad and old. So I guess that is one of my dreams that will never be fullfilled. :(
I met my hubby about a month before his 16th birthday.
He LIED to me and told me he was already 16 because I would not date him if he was only 15. :lol: I am 6 months older than him. He got me the cutest little panda bear for my 17th birthday.

Michelle... good job chewing gum. Make sure it is Sugar Free.
It is also good to chew gum while cooking. It stops all of that nibbling and tasting while cooking.

Thin... I am glad you won that inner argument with yourself about Curves.
Sometimes we just HAVE TO DO IT !! I am PROUD of you.

If I missed anyone else I apologize. I think I got everyone. :crossed:
So much has been going on in my life I don't know where to begin... so I won't. :lol:
I am exercising daily... but my food has got to get better.
I am maintaining... no gaining... but I want to lose !!!

I went to the doctor on Friday and she was nonchallant about my nearly 50lb weight loss. Grrr She said it is good that I am doing it slowly instead of fast. That is IT !!! I guess she just doesn't understand what an accomplishment it is for a handicapped FAT OLD lady to exercise and lose weight. LOL
Oh well... I am not doing it for her... I am doing it for ME.

It is nearly midnight so I going. Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

MichelleK
08-24-2003, 08:50 AM
Ok Barbara I just have to throw some clothes on the boy and get him in the car...then I have to stop for gas...but we will be there!

I'll catch up with you all when I get back from Delaware!

TTFN Michelle

BarbPA
08-24-2003, 08:52 AM
Michelle ---
I'll see you in a little while!! :D

pjkdreamer
08-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Good Sunday Morning Girls,

Jane and I resolved our issues, and we both came to a compromise (of sorts), so we are back on track now, thank you all for your good wishes.

Michelle and Barb, are you two getting to meet today.......WOW!! HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

thin...sorry we missed you in chat last night, for a few mins it was Terri and Mary, then I joined in, and Terri kept getting off line, then Michelle popped in and that was it, guess the rest of you gals had dates with dh's or were you having big and tasty's???:lol: :lol:

2cute, how wonderful to be with one person for so long, that is so very admirable!! cant wait to meet you both! counting the days!!:spin: :cb:

Sandy, glad to hear you and Fern had a good time, many best wishes to you, and here's to the next 14 yrs and beyond!! :cheers:

Homebound, nice to see you posting again, I HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT WITH THE STUFFING IT DOWN WITH FOOD! TODAY IS ANOTHER DAY THOUGH, ANOTHER CHANCE TO DO SOMETHINGELSE!! ;) you come to us anytime with anything you need to....we are right here waiting with lots of :love: :grouphug:

Michelle, and Terri, nice talking to you two last night....Terri maybe next Sat night you will not keep popping in and out!:D Michelle, thanks for mentioning the Christmas Card list, I will pm you with my info, I would really like to participate. Maybe we can all include birthdays too, and anniversaries or any other significant dates. I like posting here with all of you of course, and I love getting e-mails, but sometimes it is a treat to walk to the mailbox and find a treat waiting inside!! One of my favorite things to collect is pretty stationery, and pens, so I have them on hand if anyone wants to correspond the old fashioned way using the "snail mail".

All the rest of you gals, hope you have a healthful day, and take care of yourselves.

oh forgot to tell you, last night Jane and I went to Dairy Queen, she got chocolate ice cream cone, :T :T and I got ICE WATER!!:lol: :lol: came home and had my yogurt and I was perfectly content, if that is not just the craziest!!! talk about progress, feels so good to abstain from all that, I know one little bit, and I'd be sunk!! I have to set boundaries for myself now, something I was never able to do before, IMAGINE THAT?? :doh:

SEE YOU CHICKIES:wave:

Aradya
08-24-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm new to the board, so I've been surfing around and trying to find some friends. You gals seem wonderful and I was wondering if I could jump on the wagon? I really all the support I can get. I hope all is doing well.

BarbPA
08-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Hi Everyone!
Guess who I just spent the past couple hours with??? Yep, Michelle and I got to get together face to face. I was so nice to sit and chat. We met at a nearby park. She brought her wonderful little boy and dog and I brought my little Charlee with me. It was great!!! It's such a beautiful day out we just hung out at the park and talked and talked.... We were going to get a picture of the two of us to post but there was no one around to take one --- next time! :)

Kat - any thoughts on a good day for us to go to Peddler's Village? I think we'd all have a great time. Anyone else want to join us??

Pam - I am so happy to hear that you and Jane patched things up! Good job on passing up DQ - you are a strong woman!!
:strong:

Thin - Sorry to hear about all the construction traffic. I'm glad your home safe and sound.

Aradia --- WELCOME!!! This is a wonderful group. Feel free to jump on in with us. Your name sounds familiar, have you been around before? Hope to see you often. :)

Well, I just wanted to stop in for a minute. Now I am going to change, hit the gym, then the grocery store and then back home for some house cleaning and hopefully a little relaxing at some point tonight! I'll check back in with you lovely ladies later on.

:)Barb

Stepping Out
08-24-2003, 02:23 PM
I'm enjoying the peace and quiet in my home right now :D Sunday is, after all, a day of rest!

Arydya (sp?) Welcome to 300 +. You'll love it here:goodvibes

Thin: I HATE construction zones :mad: . Our local highway has been under construction for over a year-just when it looks like they're done, they start digging it up again :headache:

Pam: You went to DQ and you didn't have one of those Chocolate Fudge Nasty things that they've been advertising?

:bravo: :dancer: :cb:

Enjoy your day!

MichelleK
08-24-2003, 02:55 PM
I had the most fun I have had in a long time today with Barbara. She is the sweetest! And her little Charlee is sooo precious..and sooo tiny! I was so afraid Andrew was going to stomp on her he got so excited playing with her. He had so much fun too playing on the playground equipment and doing bubbles and running around with a couple of kids that were there playing. And of course Lucky and Charlee kept going over to the fenced in tennis courts hoping someone would hit a tennis ball over that tall fence...no such luck!! One guy came out carrying this wire basket full of those yellow balls and little Charlee was trotting along behind him hoping to grab one!! She is so cute! Andrew fell asleep before we hit the highway just down the road...he snored all the way home!

I forgot to mention to you all about the Christmas card exchange we did last year. If anyone wants to get and send cards this year P.M. me your name and address and I will compile the list and send it to you all. A bunch of us did it last year and sent family pics and all and it was so nice to put faces with names! I definately am going to do it again this year! If you want to include birthdays and anniversaries thats fine too! I'll add them to the list. I love getting snail mail too!

Pam glad you and Jane worked things out! I hate it when John and I are at odds...we have never had a fight yet in 4 years but we have had a few major disagreements. There's never been any yelling in our house which is a change from my ex! Those were knock down drag out fights! Oh and btw, great job at DQ, its those little steps that turn into major accomplishments!! Its learning new behavior that makes us successful, we obviously need to change something to get this weight off...so pat yourself on the back for that one! And for exercising! I still can't get there yet!!

Aradia welcome to our group! Feel free to jump right in! Great bunch of women here!!

2Cute...the gum I bought yesterday was sugar free...its Extra..they had the 8 pks 10 for $10..so I bought 5 of them...40 packs of gum should last me awhile...I know I was chewing the heck out of a couple of pieces the whole time I was with Barbara...

Thin glad you survived the traffic stuff...don't you just hate that when you get stuck in traffic and need to be somewhere! I am an early person....I hate being late so I leave earlier than needed...I learned that since I moved to the Philadelphia area...in RI it takes 30 minutes to get anywhere...around here it takes at least 30 minutes to get to a major highway! I had to lose the RI mentality really fast!

Sandy sounds like you had yourself a nice little date!

Ok I have to tell you my menu today...I ate a 4 pt breakfast, the oatmeal w/peanut butter and sweetner and a bottle of water...then when I got home this afternoon I made a hummus sandwich on lite bread 2 pts, and a salad...I poured it from a bag and I poured in a bag of rainbow salad, its shredded carrots, broccoli and cauliflower cores. Its pretty good, once I put some in a bowl for my lunch I added a few of those baby corns from the can and sliced up some of those roasted red peppers packed in water. Oh so good and I used 1 pt worth of lite italian dressing... after all that I am sooo full!! See...I had two meals for a total of 7 points! who said this plan don't work???

Tina we miss you! Your statement of keeping busy surely does work! I chomped on gum to keep my mouth busy and then talked with Barbara for 2 1/2 hours which kept my mouth busy too and I didn't even think about food! Out of site out of mind!! So everyone keep busy now and you will surely be successful!

Well I should get off here and get this pig sty cleaned up! I never finished it yesterday and then there is always laundry to fold!

Catch you all later! TTFN Michelle

Terri in MO
08-24-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi ladies,

I just wanted to take a quick break from studying and chores to post this. There is a lady in our department at work whose husband has health issues. His weight has gotten up to 500-600 pounds. He's been permanently disabled for several years now and he battles depression. He's been housebound as well. Severe dieting (rapidly losing 100-200 pounds) damaged his heart.

He ended up in the hospital at the first of January for what I can't remember but it turned into pneuomnia and kidney malfunction and coma. She thought she was going to have to make the decision to take him off life support. While he was in the hopsital, he ended up with nerve damage to one leg because of his weight and them not being able to move him around much. He had to go t a rehab facility for several weeks just to get his strength up enough to come home. His leg did not recover so he has to walk with a walker. He is essentially trapped in one room of their condo. They had to have a carpenter come in and do some mods to be able to handle the walker and his size. He has said to her that she should not have waited to make the decision to take him off life support. I am the trustee on our health insurance trust fund. I know for a fact that his hospital bills have cost over $500,000. I really feel for the wife because what she has to face every day. Where would they be if they did not have good health insurance?

So, ladies, my point is that we are not losing weight for vanity. We need to remember that when it gets tough. We are doing this for our health. So when we get whiney about what we want to eat and can't, we need to remember why we CHOOSE not to eat. We have to get up and move whether its five minutes a day or an hour and a half. We have to do this slowly and healthfully.

With that....I'm off to iron for awhile. Catch up later on this evening!

katrinabgood
08-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Quickie post...on my way out, as usual. Son and I are riding our bikes over to my sisters house. It's only about a mile and a half from here, but it is SO gorgeous out there today!

I just took a quick look at the calendar, Barb...so far, it looks like the weekends of Oct 11 and 25 are open for me...either Saturday or Sunday, actually...It sounds like you guys had a great day...I'm envious!

Okay, I'm outta here...oops, one more thing:

WELCOME Aradia!

BarbPA
08-24-2003, 04:32 PM
Me Again....I wish there were a few more hours in the weekend! :) I went to the gym for an hour :D and then did the grocery shopping (Michelle - Acme was NUTS with all the $10 sales they are having). Just got home, had a snack and now I am debating between housework and TV. I think TV is going to win with maybe a half-a$$ed cleaning later on. Oh well.

Kat - Oct 11 is no good for me....I am going to be headed out to the Caribbean on a cruise ship! :cool: However, the 25th should work. Does that work for you, Michelle???

I am going to watch the Amazing Race finale from last week - I recorded it. I know who wins, but Jeff doesn't.

Catch ya'll later!

VermontChick
08-24-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey guys!!

I don't have enough time for individual posts at the moment, but as it turns out ::sniff:: my scale was ten pounds off cause I seem to be about ten pounds over what I was last wednesday...I was bummed all day yesterday, but I feel a lot better about it now because at least I am facing it...

YOu know, it's like when you dread to look at your checking account statement every week because you are afraid to see how LOW it is...but you know what they say...FACE THE BALANCE...

I'll post more tonight...I've been at the new house since yesterday afternoon..no Internet there yet :(

katrinabgood
08-24-2003, 06:12 PM
If you ever want to feel like a kid again, get on a bike! It is just an absolutely gorgeous day today, mid 70s, warm, breezy, with just the bluest sky! Makes you glad to be alive! We rode our bikes over to sis's house, did a little swimming...(mostly floating for me) I took the long way home, down the bike path. So many people had the same idea today; bicyclers, roller bladers, joggers, walkers, strollers, even wheelchairs! (Not all at the same time...I just made that sound like a crowded, jostling road)..not at all...it really was lovely.

My sister joined WW again this am...I'm thinking about joining with her. Going to count points this week, keeping a lower carb twist on things and see what happens. The last two days have been emotionally draining for me, so I ate like it was going out of style... how easy it is to fall back into THAT trap. Funny how, and I KNOW I've said this before, we can be on track for weeks, then two days off feels like an eternity that has reversed all the good that has been done. As 2cute says, NO MORE STINKIN' THINKIN'! that is 2cute's line, isn't it?

Whatever, it's my new mantra...

I guarantee, if you're feeling poopy and draggy...just get up off your butt and do SOMETHING to get that heartrate up, you will feel 100% better! I swear!

Okay, I'm outta here again...

VermontChick
08-24-2003, 07:32 PM
This message board has been busy since I left yesterday! I went up to the new house for the night and I just got back here a couple of hours ago....I'm proud to say that I ate well, even though I forgot my WW planner here at the house :-D
The only thing that messed me up today were the two waffles that I had..even though I didn't have big ones..they were way more points than I normally consume on an average breakfast...so when I found myself hungry again by midmorning, I had a bowl of cereal :^: ...so i ended up going over my plan by five whole points...basically the number of points in a bowl of cereal :(

So Barb and Michelle...you met today, huh? What's this talk I hear about people meeting in the Spring? LOL...do you all live closeby or what? I don't think anyone lives up near me..I'm right on the NH and VT border.

Katrina: Hearing about your bikeride has actually gotten me excited about

2Cute: It's awful that I let it run my life...I'm listening to all of you talk about getting active...like going for bikerides and such..and I get worried cause it means people are going to see me riding my bike or working out at a gym..or swimming in a pool...and I Swear I dislike my figure so much that it sounds like a nightmare for me to have to go through with something like that....I know..I need to get over myself:lol:

determined: wow that was such a sad story...at first i read it hoping that there would actually be a happy ending to hear about...:(...I was on the Oprah web page reading about stories like that. There was a man on there that was nearing 900 pounds..he spent 300-400 dollars a week in food alone! He finally got the stomach stapling surgery..but had to have a ton of cosmetic surgery plus total knee replacement (which means he'll never walk normally again).

Thin: Isn't that ALWAYS THE CASE on the freeway in the summer :mad:

Well gals I'm off to do a little bit of reading before I retire for the evening, I scarcely slept 4 hours last night :/

-Melissa

MichelleK
08-24-2003, 07:57 PM
I'm baaaack!! Just like a bad penny!

I just had to let you all know that I am eating a morningstar veggie burger and it is sooo good! I can't believe it!! John grilled it along with his burgers and I put 1 slice of cheese on it and a slice of tomato fresh from the garden and a slice of red onion, a dab of ketchup and mustard....yummy!! The burger is only 1 pt, the cheese 2 pts and the bun 2 pts...didn't have any lite buns! It is well worth the 5 points!

I am exhausted! After that time in the sun at the park Andrew wanted to play in his pool so I had to fill that up, then we watered the garden and picked all the red tomatoes....I HAD to wash the dishes so we could have room and dishes for dinner tonight! LOL It seems like I am always washing dishes and doing laundry!! I am in the middle of cutting out coupons from sunday's paper and the ones my mom sent me from her and my sister's papers...after I get off here I am going to finish them and then get lunches and clothes ready for tomorrow and get Andrew a bath and me a shower and then I am going to hit the hay! 5:30 comes so fast in the morning!

Barbara and Kat....October 25th is fine by me! Barbara do you want to drive to my house and then I can drive to Peddler's Village from here. Kat where do you want to meet? I was thinking at the carosuel. And what time do you want to meet? Just let me know....Steph and Natalie...do you guys want to meet up at Peddler's Village too?

Ok, Barb is in on the Christmas card list...anyone else? Last years list consisted of Mary, Lucky, Thin, Kat, Tina, 2Cute, Steph, Duckie and myself...if you want off the list just let me know! And if you want to stay on let me know that too!

Well I better get going! Lots of stuff to do before I crash!

Catch you all later! Michelle

Grannie39074
08-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Son finally got his bed moved over today. My rash is going away some.

BarbPA
08-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Hello Again!
You guys can't get rid of me -- my day is not complete without a stop here to check on my gals! :)

Michelle - I am with you, I'm beat after today. Between the park, the gym, grocery shopping and weeding the front flower bed I am ready to hit the sack. :faint: It was such a great day though - the highlight of course being meeting you and Andrew!!! :) :) Oct. 25th sounds great to me! I can drive up to meet you and then we can go from there. Your dinner sounds yummy. I made some pasta for Jeff - since he was feeling yucky. I know, I know, emotional feeding, but he was happy. We ate out on the deck...such a nice night.

Kat - Your bike ride sounds wonderful. I would love to ride on days like this - one problem...I don't have a bike. :lol: Maybe that will be a treat for myself next spring.

Melissa -- Sorry to hear your scale wasn't what you had hoped. But, like you said, the best thing is to face it and do something about it! Yep, Michelle and I met today. She lives about 40 minutes from me (we are in the Philadelphia area), and it turns out that she comes shopping within a mile of my house every couple weeks, so we got together at a nearby park. It was wonderful! :) There are a few of us in the PA, NJ area but everyone else is scattered all over the place.

Mary - Glad to hear your rash is going away!
:^:

I hope everyone else had a Great weekend! Back to the routine in the morning.

Sweet Dreams to All!!

2cute2Bfat
08-24-2003, 11:46 PM
HI guys.... sooo many good posts to read tonight.
I decided not to reply to anyone tonight because I am too tired to reply to everyone. LOL EXCEPT... I want to welcome Aradia !!! Haven't you posted with us before?? I remember that name. ;)

My day started out badly. Overate at breakfast... but it frustrated me soooo bad that I was very good the rest of the day. Everytime I went to the refridgerator for a diet pop I grabbed a bottle of water instead. :D I am determined to stay on my food plan. I KNOW it makes me feel better and happier. I was sooo depressed this morning after pigging out at breakfast I made the decision that I did not want that way of life any longer. I actually PREFER to eat healthier again.

I am very very tired so I am off to bed early tonight.
I am glad Michelle and barb got to meet today. :D
I am going to be in HOT SPRINGS Arkansas in Sept... does anyone live near there?? I will only be there for a day or two tops.

Grannie39074
08-25-2003, 07:32 AM
Good Monday morning all.
This is the start of a new week and I am going to strive to stay OP. I am almost finished with my Prednizone and the rash is fading.

I have to call the cable co today and disconnect the sons cable. His lights will get turned off the end of the week. This may work who knows.

Keep your fingers crossed that he will be hired permently at this job.

I have ate like a horse this week-end . I know I am up about 5 pounds.

Thanks to all of you for the get-well wishes. I love all of you.
Welcome Aradia.

I am up for the card swap again this year. I love getting mail at any time. As long as it's not a bill.:D

Hope all of you have a great day they say the heat index will be 110 here today.

Stay cool.

Terri in MO
08-25-2003, 07:37 AM
Good morning ladies!

Just a quick hello! Yack, its Monday morning already. The weekend was too short. Especially with being trapped inside because of the heat. We're in a very bad drought state too. I spent all that time fertilizing the grass and killing weeks - and now its so dry it could go up in a puff of flame just like that. Very scarey. We're on water restriction so shouldn't be watering. But yet some do feel that their lawns are more important than anyone elses.

I'm envious of those having beautiful weekends. We were in the triple digits and will be 105+ until at least Friday. :cry: :cry:

Have a great day ladies! I need to be breakfast and get out of here for work.

Michelle- I'll PM later about the card list.

2cute2Bfat
08-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Just a quick good morning.
Terri.. I am sooo sick of these 104 degree days too. :mad:
They said this morning that MAYBE we will get a cold front through this week and see some high 80's. :crossed: Although that may be too cool for my morning swims.

Mary.. glad you are feeling better. I see your son is moving out.
Was that his idea or yours ?? I missed that part.

Okay ladies... more need to post. I am going to go do my exercise and drink my water today. I was totally diet pop free yesterday. :D That is good for me.

pjkdreamer
08-25-2003, 09:53 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Arayda....great to have you! looking forward to getting to know you better....you have joined the most fantastic group of girls here!! posting here is one of the best things I have ever done for myself....the love and support is phenomenal:spin: :angel: these chickies are all my angels!!

Mary glad to hear you are feeling better, and best wishes honey with your son moving back home....when you need to talk you know where to find me, and maybe soon we can plan an escape to meet! would love to spend an afternoon with you! take care of yourself.

2cute, determination!!! you will do it! you are so worthy! and you so deserve this....we all do...have a good wk.

MissMeliss...thanks for the inspirational story, that is a sad existence for him, trapped inside, himself and his home. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers..."for the grace of God there go I".....you are right, we are all doing this for our health....that sentiment will keep me going all day, many thanks for opening my eyes even further..

Katrina, sounds like you had fun this weekend. Haven't been on a bike in a long time, but use to love it...plan on riding next spring though! not the 10 speed variety....my big buttocks would be flying over those handlebars!!!:D :D :D just the plain old bike is more my speed...nice and easy:lol:

Terri and homebound, have a great day...let's all kick some major butt this wk...we are going to reach the top of that mountain with Tina!! Tina, we miss you!:cry:

sw 356
cw 326.3
next goal:lose 30 lbs by 12/31
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130ish:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

justme2338
08-25-2003, 10:17 AM
Stop Don't Post Here!
Go to 300+ Ready to try again #396