UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-16-2016, 01:34 PM   #1  

Default Slow weight loss

Hi all
I've been doing slimming world 7weeks now. I've also been running 3 times per week - 3miles a time for 5 weeks. I walk 2-3miles on the days I'm not running. I'm 28 and 5ft 6.
I started out 13st 3lb, and now currently 12st 11lb. I'm feeling disappointed as weight loss is down to 1lb per week which I can't understand. I know a 1lb is better than nothing but with the hard work I'm doing excercise wise & sticking to plan I'm disappointed at the moment.
My typical day is:

Breakfast : 2 Weetabix with semi skimmed milk (Healthy extra A&B)
Lunch : Mixed salad with Ham or chicken breast (no dressing)
Dinner: Fish or steak with roasted veg/salad and a few potatoes/rice/pasta
Snacks: French fries crisps, mixed bowl of fruit (grapes, strawberries & plumbs) , oranges, pears.
Drink: 3 cups tea no sugar, 6 pints water
Syns: French fries crisps, any sauces and milk for tea

Is there something I'm doing wrong? It's coming off, just not as quick as some other members of a similar size as me, and they don't excercise.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance xx
Bex2011xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/155/125

Height: 5'4"

Try cutting out the high carb items - potatoes, rice, pasta,etc.
Three meals a day is plenty without the snacks.
Slimmer me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

First off, 1 lb per week is perfectly reasonable weight loss. In fact many would say that while slower, it will be better in the long run to lose in a slow steady manner. It wasnt until fairly recently that anyone who wasnt morbidly obese would consider 1 lb/wk to be anything but fantastically successful.

From what I know of the slimming world programme, it is not designed for rapid weight loss, but to help you make food choices that will allow you to drop weight while still eating foods you enjoy.

All that being said, slimming world de-emphasizes calorie counting and portion control, even with good food choices, sometimes that leaves you with larger portions than are optimal for weight loss. And it is possible that some of the other members are choosing smaller portions, especially of the starches and syns. But emphasizing calorie counting takes away from the positive mindset that slimming world tries to create.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 03:34 AM   #4  

Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Sounds like you are eating way too many calories and your exercise isn't burning enough calories for you to lose more weight. Cut back on calories but still eating healthy and you will start seeing more weight come off. The max I recommend for you to lose is 2 pounds per week. Anything more is starting to get unhealthy. Good luck
JamieAlison is offline   Reply With Quote