Old 05-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Default Finally ready to start over.

Hello to all who know me and hello to all who do not . I had great success with IP my first go around using alternatives. I went from the 280's in 2012 to 160's 7 months later. I was able to maintain for a few years but then with much change and stress in my life I put much of the weight back on and am now into the 240's. Much of that weight gain happened over the past 7 months as I helped my nephew thru his short but valiant battle against leukemia, as I am not just his aunt but a nurse. Now my nephew is gone and I am depressed and uncomfortable in my own skin. I felt like a complete failure and had a little break down about it. Then I realized now it is time to take care of me!

So here I sit ready to start this journey over with all of you and to hopefully helps support others in there journey as well. Please know I am here to support others, and appreciate all you support as well.

Lets all do this together. Thanks for reading

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 05-14-2016 at 04:16 PM.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi Monica and welcome back! Good going on helping your nephew! Sometimes there are things we need to focus on at that time. That was one of them. Congratulations on keeping the 40 lbs off since 2012. A kinder and just-as-true way to look at things! Pop on over to an active thread and check in with your supportive friends here! We are rooting for you.
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 05-13-2016 at 02:45 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Welcome Monica! Thanks for having the courage to post and share your journey. I'm in a re-boot as well - only 23 days in. I lost 30 pounds in 2011 but gained it back. I think it will be a while for me this time. I'm sticking to protocol but my body is resistant and I'm also working out a lot which is not recommended by IP. Anyways keep posting about your progress.
stickingtotheplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Monica, I am so sorry about the loss of your nephew. While I know that you are feeling defeated right now, you are not a failure. Failure is when we give up on our health, you have not. You are here and ready to go. Thing is- we are human and imperfect, slips and slides happen, life happens. Just a matter of picking yourself up and focusing on healthy self care. You have done this before well.

"Fall six times, get up seven."
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 08:23 AM   #5  

Thank you all for the messages of support and the great advise of looking at the positives like starting over with 40 less pounds to lose, and taking it one day at a time while focusing on my health. I will do all of this and more

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 05-14-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:12 AM   #6  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Hi Monica---I followed your journey the last time we were all on 3FC (I didn't do IP though). I lost my log-in access and created this new account.

I recently started IP in April and found this forum again. Your posts were so inspiring and I reread them all again lately and was so happy to see you post this week. I gained back almost 100lbs and got burnt out on my previous diet. IP is my only hope now.

I'm so sorry about your nephew. He was blessed to have you care for him. I look forward to your posts.
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 04:05 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrotsAreMyLife View Post
Hi Monica---I followed your journey the last time we were all on 3FC (I didn't do IP though). I lost my log-in access and created this new account.

I recently started IP in April and found this forum again. Your posts were so inspiring and I reread them all again lately and was so happy to see you post this week. I gained back almost 100lbs and got burnt out on my previous diet. IP is my only hope now.

I'm so sorry about your nephew. He was blessed to have you care for him. I look forward to your posts.
Thank you so much for this. I want to support others cause I draw so much support from all of you guys that I have to give back
I am looking forward to the journey ahead cause I know how much better I feel both on plan and then eventually at a lower weight. we can so do this together!

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 05-14-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:42 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 221/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Best wishes on your journey again. I had a big weight loss 13 years ago (went from 243 to 148) and this is the second time I gained back a significant portion. Both times, major life stress and loss of a family member. It's not easy, but you're on the right track.
SE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 06:55 PM   #9  
IP start 4/4/16

S/C/G: 280/235/199.9

Height: 5ft6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Thank you so much for this. I want to support others cause I draw so much support from all of you guys that I have to give back
I am looking forward to the journey ahead cause I know how much better I feel both on plan and then eventually at a lower weight. we can so do this together!

I got your PM but 3FC still won't let me write to anyone but a moderator. A few more posts and I'll be able to! Thanks for trying to write me first, I was sure it would work!
CarrotsAreMyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:48 PM   #10  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Monica it's good to see you back too. I know I need the support and info from 3fc too. It was very important in my journey the first time. I lost over 150 and have gained about 100 back. This forum on 3fc was very important in my success. The information and support I received was awesome. We can all work together again and get it done!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:02 AM   #11  

Default Welcome back

I just started a few months ago following this forum and it is awesome so much support and help. You can do this just look at how amazing the first time on ip was for you 120 lbs in 7 months if I read that correctly is simply amazing. You will have to share your knowledge and tips.
johnsc75 is offline   Reply With Quote