Old 05-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #1  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Default taking care of me.....again

Hi everyone,

I am here for some accountability....again. I lost a whole bunch of weight a number of years ago and I think I have put most if not all of it back on again. I have realized a lot about myself in the process and now is the time that I am ready to take charge of my life again. I have removed many toxic people and gotten out of toxic environments (moved from MA to OH). I stopped smoking pot and completely stopped drinking. I don't want to numb out my feelings anymore and THIS is the last habit I need to reel in. Food has always been my best friend and I am feeling more alone than ever and I am having a very hard time getting things under control.

I am a Spin and Yoga instructor and feel like a complete hypocrite. I don't want to feel bad anymore. I don't want my son to see me living like this anymore. I have watched him gain the weight that I gain because I am the one feeding us these crappy foods. I want to be in charge of my life again and I feel like I don't know how.

I found such great support in this forum and I need it again. I don't have any friends to hang out with here in Ohio because I ditched the 2 I had because turns out, they were toxic to my well-being too. I'm feeling low today and I am trying to take control of SOMETHING to make me feel better and I know that my food choices are about all I can control right now.

I'm glad to be back posting here. Thanks for letting me get all of that out.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Vixen! I read this the other morning and just ran out of time to respond. I have a few minutes now...
I feel ya!! I lost a great deal of weight over the course of a few years several years ago. It was rather painless because something just "clicked" and it became a goal of being HEALTHY instead of a NUMBER on the scale. I had an end goal in my head and when I hit that it was a total and complete shock. I had made healthy eating and moving my body such regular part of my life that I couldn't imagine NOT doing all of that...
Fast forward 5 years. Even though I have not gained it all back I am sitting pretty much at half (if not a bit more)above where I felt so good in my skin.
It sucks.
I hate getting dressed in the morning because all my clothes are so dang tight on me and I'm so uncomfortable all day long... I not only refuse to buy bigger clothes I can't afford it. Which scares me because I know that if I COULD I WOULD.
Although I have never been addicted to and drugs I have gotten myself to the edge of wanting, needing, craving alcohol and I KNOW AS I KNOW that that has been the issue over the past few days.
I can pinpoint the exact moment it happened. In all of my 40 plus years at the time (45 to be exact) riding around with a bestie and her BF at the time and discovering that if you put alcohol in a plastic gas station soda cup NO ONE IS THE WISER TO WHAT YOU ARE DRINKNING. Why had I not know that before??lol
I have told no one...but I have spent the last 2 years drinking like that. I can't afford it. Financially or otherwise. When I drink I don't care what I weigh or that I haven't moved my body in weeks. I feel better and work towards my goal.

I realize I am rambling so I will stop now. I just wanted you know that you are not alone. If you want to vent at any time...I am here

We can do this!!!! What other choice do we have?
Plainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote