South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 06:42 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday Beach Chat, May 9

Good morning!

Just my usual story. Went to bed early now I'm attacking chores before work. We want to go to Glenwood this week but there may be some rental roadblocks. Just thought I'd get everything ready in case we can go.

I was upstairs doing paperwork just came down for another cup of coffee. Anyone care to join me?

have a great day!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks for starting us up Debbie! I do have a cup of coffee sitting here with me .

Mother's day was quite a beautiful day. We went on a short walk to a path where a tunnel had been refinished, which of course the kids loved climbing at the ends (and I only had mild heart palpitations, LOL). It took a good chunk of the day because it was almost an hour's drive, which makes my husband happy. We haven't done that much lately, and he babbled the whole way there, which was kind of funny .

Today I have a minor appointment, a few niggles, and grocery shopping. Ugh. Grocery shopping. For me, I still have a little leftover black bean salad, why do I need to grocery shop?!?

It looks like a BEAUTIFUL day today. Oh, how I love spring! I might have to sit out on my glider my friend gave me. Enjoy the day!
Old 05-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie and Tammy. Yes, I'll take another cup of coffee too. It's definitely a Monday, too many birds and garden chores to make it easy to go to work today. I need more weekend! Of course, I had insomnia last night too because nothing screams Monday like not enough sleep Oh well, at least it's a short day and we will get a good bird walk in after.

Debbie - hope you get to travel today

Tammy - Loved the pictures, looks like a beautiful spot.

Tonght I'm trying Budget Bytes Spanish Chickpeas and Rice with quick brown rice. Hope it's as yummy as it looks.

Well, the sooner I get to Monday tasks, the sooner I get to walk
Old 05-09-2016, 07:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

In to work day for me, lots of meetings scheduled today. Rainy day here. Had a nice day yesterday with the family.

Debbie hope you are able to travel this week

Tywnn the pics looked beautiful

Cyndi maybe since it is a short day you can get a nap in?

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-09-2016, 07:44 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from rather chilly Delta. We're below freezing right now so I'm hoping Mother's Day flowers put outside survived the trauma. MD was early this year since the second Sunday of the month was early. Jim gave me a large Peace Lily plan which I left in the car. I'm sure it's OK. Today I'll round up a strong man to move it into the house for me.

Debbie, your rental problems make me more and more glad that I got out of the business. Right now, the little house beside me is begging me to buy it back. It's pre-1850 and needs foundation work and a new furnace and has not been well-cared for since I renovated it in the 1990s. I am resisting.

Tammy, that's cute that your DH was so excited about your outing. It's nice when the "inner child" surfaces like that. Sounds like a fun outing for everyone.

Cyndy, that's an interesting recipe for paella although a bit carby for me. I do wish the author had not added the ingredient prices of the ingredients though. Lemon $.25 ? Last one I bought was $1.00.

Dinner with the in-laws was fun but sort of low-key since some families couldn't make it and there also was sadness because Jim and Wendy had to put their dog down in Saturday. Bailey was an eight-year old Boston terrier, hyper-active, and completely untrained although housebroken. They were heartbroken. They were also thinking about going dog-shopping for another Boston, on Monday! I bit my tongue as my opinion wasn't solicited.

Not sure what today will bring aside from coffee down at the Church but am sure I'll fill the time. It is my scheduled gym morning but it still will be a while before I can hack it. The knees and shoulder are still pretty painful and I'm saving my energy for gardening and other fun stuff.

Brother Dave, Sister Joan and BIL Peter will be here for dinner Friday and I have a few things to do before then, including chatting with my butcher about the mandatory roast beast. I hope he can cut me one as good as the one I cooked for the Pypers a few weeks ago - the best one I've ever cooked. Joan is bringing the dessert which is helpful.

Time to saddle up and crank up the day, Enjoy!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #6  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning and happy monday... last day of work for me. Had a bad nights sleep so hopefully there is no work drama to contrnd with. Have a great day all!
Old 05-09-2016, 07:44 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good evening! Just wanted to stop and say Happy Monday.

Sounds like I wasn't the only one who didn't sleep well last night; what is it about Sunday nights?? lol I have a suspicion I know.....

Very chilly this morning. The black plant in my herb garden reminded me why I cannot let myself get fooled into thinking I live somewhere that I can plant this early! Freeze-dried basil anyone? At least it was a sunny day.

Happy Monday, chicks. I think I'll make a evening cup of decaf, if anyone else wants one.
Closed Thread