Weight Loss Support - Time For Serious Fun #21

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #21

gma22
08-22-2003, 06:28 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #21

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL AUGUST 31ST. TO LOSE 10 LBS BY THEN.

gma22
08-22-2003, 06:45 AM
FRIDAY: It's Fabulous lbs down Friday! Start bragging girls, your weight loss for the week the month whatever! We want to know how you are doing!

Good morning ladies!

Sandy: We missed you lots and hope you can post regularly now and we can get some of that weight off you!

Missy: Here goes with the old lady messing in your love life again. First off, do you LOVE #1? I mean if he was going to ask you to marry him, he must love you. What would you have told him when he asked? Secondly, do you value the relationship? If so, REPAIR it! If not, you still need to apologize to the man IF the thought between you was that you would be mutually exclusive, which I get the feeling you did not feel because you were seeing someone else. Even so, if HE thought that, you should apologize for leading him to believe it was. If you want to repair this, there are two things you need to do and immediately: as the Brits say, "tell #2 to bugger off" and TALK TO #1! It ain't a gonna be easy, but when we screw up, we have to take our medicine. Now before you think I am some kind of Dr Phil, I have to say I have had ONE and only ONE serious relationship and that is with Jack. I have had only one sexual relationship and that is with him and only had a couple dates when I was 14 and none in high school until Jack so I am not a wealth of experience with different men. I AM an expert on how to make a relationship work. It is damn hard and the only way to fix something you have done is to talk about it. If he refuses to talk to you, don't give in. Keep calling or going to see him and demand he at least hear you out. I don't believe in the waiting crap. You do that for all you know he may think it really is over. He sounds like a very decent man and decent men are in short supply so I would think hard about it! As for the pickle incident :lol:, they are pretty good for you and as they are cucs have a lot of water and very little cal so I wouldn't worry about it. YOU STILL GET A: :bravo: for points!

I GOT A: :bravo: for points!

Don't forget that today still counts! We only have one day and we will have made our challenge by 100%!

I am down 8 lbs for the week as of early this morning!

Well, ladies, you are all still in bed and here I am typing at 4 in the morning so I am going to goooooooooo!

Faye:)

pjkdreamer
08-22-2003, 09:45 AM
Morning Ladies,

Felt like I was just here a few mins ago, short night!! well not have time to take a nap, but I am sooooo sleeeepy!! :faint:
Didn't sleep well at all crazy dreams, "unresolved" of course....Jane and I had a heart to heart last night, and I had the opportunity to say somethings I had been wanting to say, when you have stuffed down your emotions and feelings with food so long, sometimes it is difficult to articulate all you are feeling..I feel like my approach was all wrong, but my feelings were real, know what I mean? Anyway, I know we will talk over the weekend, and I feel sure we will work it out. I made a comittment to her 8 years ago, and this is the most "stable" I have ever been in my life, so I am not going anywhere!! It is a scary thing sometimes for me to talk about my feelings, face to face anyway, much easier to write them out, I wrote her a letter to kind of get the ball rolling, and the way she perceived it was not the way it was intended at all. She wrote back and I could hear the hurt in her voice and the anger, then she just went to bed, without talking to me. but, thankfully she got up and we talked some, but we have more talking yet to do. But, I say all of this to let you all know THAT I DID NOT OVEREAT OVER IT, NOW THAT IS PROGRESS!!! I HAD MY FRUIT FOR MY SNACK AND THAT WAS IT! It just really amazes me how strong I am becoming, and I know that with each passing day I am getting stronger!! And I am most grateful!!!

pts for yesterday: 2pts for program, 1 pt for water, and 0 for exercise, but I intend to use Sunday as my make up day :drill: never fear!! I am on it...don't have a loss to report this wk, because haven't weighed since 8/7 but I will by 8/31 I think. (not scheduled to see dietician till 9/18, and I know I cannot possibly wait that long, I get to excited and want to check my progress:D

so, the plan today is breakfast in just a few, I am hungry!!, then exercise video, and then run errands before work at noon....then grocery store after work, got to stock up on all my goodies, water, fruit, veggies, and chicken, you all know the stuff!! Got to make sure I have it all here, so I am not tempted to stray!!! If you know what I mean....

Congrats Faye, on your weight loss, that is fabulous!!!! you are such the inspiration!!!

come on girls, the rest of you rise and shine!! (guess most of you are heading off to work about this time already, uh?? My schedule is certainly not the norm!! off at 8p tonight and back in the am at 6:30a----ugh!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

later chicklets, here's to all of you and hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Mirabelly
08-22-2003, 10:00 AM
Good Friday Morning Sleepyheads!
Faye, I can't believe how early you get up!! Must be all that revved up metabolism or something.

Well, I'm still 100% for points yesterday. I can't believe I've been good for so long.....four whole days! I don't want to be the one to break the score! I've been seriously "head hungry" the past two days. Think I'm pmsing.

I wasn't going to weigh myself this morning, but the scale was sitting there in the corner calling my name. I was just curious, since I've been 100% all week, to see if I actually lost anything at all. Well, it said I'm 238 or 239. That's about 2 pounds off from last week, and about 4 pounds total since I signed on here 3 weeks ago. It seems like so little!

I have to admit, I get so jealous of you gals with your 8 pounds off, and 5 pounds off per week. It's not a bad jealousy, because I'm honestly so happy and proud of you all.....I just have to keep telling myself a few things.
1) Even though I weigh alot, I'm still VERY fit. I have tons of muscle underneath the fat. My mother and I weigh exactly the same, and we look nothing alike! I can teach a two hour dance class, put on heavy armor and beat the snot out of a bunch of men, I can swim for miles........all that means that weight is going to come off slowly.
2) two out of the three weeks I've been with you all, I've had extended family visits. We always eat more and exercise less when there's company around. So, the fact that I've lost anything is still good.
3) I'm starting to lift weights heavily, which is adding muscle mass (and we all know what that does to the scale!)
4) I've had an extremely stressful year......dh got laid off, then he got another job but it was a 2 hour commute each way, so we had to sell our farm (which meant a complete overhaul of the house from wiring to paint in a matter of 3 weeks), then once we did sell--the house we were going to buy fell through, so we had to live in a friend's basement for 6 weeks while we found another one.) There were no farms for sale in the new area, so I had to get rid of my babies (6 sheep, 2 lambs that I delivered with my own two hands). Now I'm adjusting to living without the farm, the kids have no friends yet because school hasn't started.......Oh, and now I'm having nightmares about the new school because they came from probably the best school in the state and I'm worried about the quality of the new one!

Sooooo, given all that, I'm doing just fine. But it sure would be nice to step on the scale next week and have ten pounds gone! Just ain't gonna happen, I know.....

Thanks for letting me work things out in my head........I know it sounds an awful lot like whining! :lol:

Keep up the great work everyone!!

Later,
Julie

gma22
08-22-2003, 10:08 AM
Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points because you had exercised on your "day off." I am so glad you did not let your emotional upheavel lead you to food!

Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. That is one of the reasons I made the challenge. Who wants to be the first to say, I broke the chain? I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. No one can understand better than I . When dh retired from the Navy, he got a job in Indiana that paid poorly but it was all he could find. He had it for 7 years and they laid him off (age but they gave him a severance and made him sign a no sue agreement and we HAD to have the money to live on), then the only job he could get was in Chicago which is a 2 hour commute EACH way! We spend 200$ a week on gas and tolls! After 2 years he got laid off there, then had 5 different jobs in 3 years and kept getting laid off. His last job in Indiana was with a company that had 6 employees and the guy offered him 4$ an hour less than he had been making no benefits no vacation nothing! He took it, but when Thomas was born we mulled over moving down here. We didn't particularly like Memphis as we had lived here twice before, but we needed better opportunity. We had never owned a home because we plain couldn't afford it and our credit was grotesque and still is though I am working little by little at it. Jack was without a job down here for 6 months and we lived on my tiny paycheck and his Navy retirement that was only enough to pay the rent with a $100 left over. We lived in one of the nastier parts of Memphis in a nice little house with wonderful landlords and Jack got the city of Memphis job. It pays $15 an hour more than the last job he had in Indiana, great benefits and he is even pensioned. All he has to do is work 10 years though he will probably work longer. We bought the condo in a land contract kind of deal from our kids and found a reputable company on line to take up a note for a new car in exchange for a higher interest rate. We are pulling ourselves up little by little and I just know things will get better for you too! Hang in there and you know we are all here for you. As to the weight loss: Keep reminding yourself that you are building up heavy duty muscle and replacing fat so maybe instead of scales you should go for inches lost! All that really matters is that you are getting healthier and can feel it and I know you do!

I got on that glider and did 15 tough minutes! My hip was killing me after 2 but I stayed on and it quit aching then my feet started to hurt because I am flat footed completely and just had my "take out the trash" Payless sneakers on. Teach me to put my New Balance on when using the thing. I want to work up my stamina before fall sets in and I have to use it exclusively but am still going to do my hour in the pool today in about an hour or so.

There are several ladies here that are going through some time of a relationship problem. Some might be small and others might be big, but they are all difficult to deal with no matter what. I have found that the best solution for problems is the full face approach. You cannot gain anything by pretending it will go away because it won't and fighting about it loses the problem completely. Don't get me wrong, Jack and I have had some doozys over the years, but we rarely fight anymore. We get peeved at each other, but it drives Jack and I nuts to be mad at each other so it never lasts long even the really angry ones. If we get into an argument and let's say are not speaking when he goes to work, I wil GUARANTEE you that at 10 o'clock the phone will ring and it will be him. Now I have found one thing about men. They tend to tell you they are "Sorry we got into a fight," but don't want to say, "I am sorry I flung dirty clothes all over and I will try to do better." All in all, when we work on any kind of relationship, I think we need to be honest with ourselves first. If we were wrong, own up to it and if we were right, drop the martyrdom, snideness or I told you so, for "We will just have to work hard for it not to happen again." WE not HE OR SHE! Now, if you want Dr Ruth type advice, you will probably have to go elsewhere because I have some VERY VERY rigid ideas of things AND even married to a sailor am still naive somewhat. Afterall, I have had superb so it would be hard for me to understand mediocre! :lol: :lol:

You gals have a great day!

Mirabelly
08-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the peptalk, Faye.....
As bad as it's been this year, we're really lucky to still be in Maine at all. I thought we were going to have to head south after the layoff, because there are just no jobs for engineers up here. Dh designs roads and developments......of which there are very few here. But, he actually got another job with just one phone call....it pays better (but we have to spring for health insurance for FIVE!). Most important, he's so happy at the new job! His boss appreciates him, and TELLS HIM that. It was just tough with the commuting all winter and moving and all. We're much better now.

Congrats on the glider, btw. My mom has one, and she just loves it. (when she's in an exercise groove). She had 2 knee replacements and swears the glider puts no pressure on them.

I've been procrastinating all morning! Gotta go workout and SEW....4 skirts gotta be done by Monday!!

Later,
Julie

Honeyrose29
08-22-2003, 11:40 AM
Good morning ladies.

I got all 4 pts yesterday.

So far I havent been on the scale.. this is a scary thing for me every week. I try to stay off of it until Friday.. then I am afraid to get on!

Last night was rough. My DH had to go to Charleston WV, where the latest batch of shootings has been occuring. DH is a truck driver and I was fit to be tied. I lost contact with him about 1 am, due to the remote area he had to drive thru, then I lost internet a few min later for scheduled maintenance.

So I pieced a quilt top until he called me at 5 am to tell me he was ok and was on the road headed out of Charleston! The good part to all of this.. I did not eat to soothe the worry! I didnt get into bed until after 5, and I got up about 8:30. Its going to be a long day. lol

Missy.. I have had too many relationships.. and lost a couple of decent b/f because I did not talk things out with them. I used to think that keeping things from them because it might be hurtful or make me look really bad was the right way to go. I thought I was protecting them.. but in the end they always found out.
NOW, I think that being open and honest is the absolute best policy.. and its also the hardest. If you love #1, you should come clean with him, let him know how sorry you are and how bad you feel, ask for forgiveness, and take the consequences. He just might surprise you. If he finds out later on down the road.. all the stuff you dont tell him now, its going to be much worse and you could end up losing him for good. If he was truly meant to be and you love him/he loves you ... you can work thru anything as long as you are open and honest. If it wasnt meant to be, then you will be better off.

Pam.. I am hoping that you get things worked out soon. Good job on not eating to soothe!

Congrats to everyone on their points!

Today is DH's birthday.. so I must be strong!

mugirl213
08-22-2003, 11:56 AM
This is not going to be a remotely good weekend for me.

I've decided I am going to break up with #2 (Mike) tonight. I need to do this, and I need to do it before I talk with #1 (Sam) tomorrow. I know for sure that if I don't, then I'll just cling to Mike out of fear. I am still worried that work will be difficult after I break up with Mike, but...that is a chance I absolutley will have to take at this point. I do want to make things right with Sam...I just don't know how he will react when I tell him that I've been with Mike for a few months AND a year...not just a few months like I told him. I don't know how in the world I'm going to tell him...but I guess I have to.

Anyway, no loss to report. Maybe it's b/c of my bad week last week. I dropped maybe 1/2 a pound.

Congrats to all the other "losers" this week. I'm proud of you all.

Luckily I'm not resorting to eating to get myself thru this.

:)

Pam - I hope you and Jane work things out. Good luck.

mugirl213
08-22-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the good thoughts debbie...they definitely help! And Faye for the good advice!

pjkdreamer
08-22-2003, 12:12 PM
Hello again,

Remember last time when I said I am like a kid at Christmas and I went and weighed earlier than my scheduled appt, well I did it again today, as you may have read in my last post I was going to try and wait till at least 8/31, but couldnt stand it, besides I knew all of you would be posting your great losses!! so, I lost another 5.1 lbs since 8/7 :cb: :cp: :jig: :strong: that is a total of 29.7 since june 5th:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

congrats to all of you other girlies too, Faye you are a most magnificent fearless leader, couldnt do it without you in my corner, and couldnt do it without the rest of you wonderful women!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!

WORKING TOWARDS THAT 12/31 GOAL NOW FAYE!!

LATER CHICKIES!;) OFF TO EXERCISE! :)

gma22
08-22-2003, 12:20 PM
Missy: What were your points for yesterday kiddo or did I miss them again?

Debbie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points! Good for you and maybe have a tiny bite of cake for dh's birthday, we won't hold it against you!

Ok, girls, there's trouble brewing with some of our midst so you guys all have to be really really strong not to let food "soothe" you because if you do, when it is over and done with you will be seriously bummed about your problem AND the fact you overate! You can do this. Do what I do and this one will be a REAL shocker to all of you......I CLEAN! :lol: Find something that will expend energy when you are upset whether it be cleaning, walking, exercising, whatever. The harder you do it the more endorphins are released and the better you will feel!

**Just remember Elle Woods in Legally Blonde** :lol: :lol:

Got in an hour in the pool and now am having a snack of pretzel sticks and water. I don't know what I would do without my pretzel sticks!

Keep strong girlies!

Faye:dizzy:

TonyaS
08-22-2003, 12:40 PM
Hi girls! :)

grats on your pounds down, I am one pound down today... but I usually dont' count it unless it stays that way for a few days :)

as far as relationship probs... I was separated from my husband for a year and a half. We even saw other people, he lived with his girlfriend for a while, etc. But somehow, something happened... we were almost divorced too, and it was so wierd.. we just talked , finally, as friends, and that brought everything back. My kids are so geeked! I have lived back with him now for 3 months, and it was rocky at first, lots of adjustments, but it is just getting better. But most of my moaning and groaning during that time was my stress about that situation, and I was eating like a hound :P

anyhow, I can relate, if any of you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me ! I have been to **** and back.. trust me :p

:D

TonyaS
08-22-2003, 12:46 PM
oh, and pickles don't have hardly any calories. Wash it down with some water, for they are high in sodium, and don't worry about it! :D

I drink pickle juice, I love pickles soo much :lol:

mugirl213
08-22-2003, 12:49 PM
I love pickels too tonya. They are yummylicious.

I had four for yesterday Faye...but you already bravo'd me. ;)

gma22
08-22-2003, 01:16 PM
WELL! We can certainly tell who the old fart is in the group! Can't remember a darn thing!

Tonya; Pickle JUICE? :?: I like pickles but I don't think I would drink the juice of it or of olives. Sour or sweet ones? I imagine the dills, huh?

My favorite pickles were my grandma's bread and butter, but she is long gone and so I don't get them anymore. She passed away in 1984. Whenever Jack and I would go up there to visit, I got to load the car with all these canned fruits etc. Even up until she died she would can fruits and vegetables every year. I lived with them the last two years I was in high school and I always dreaded school being out because we had to help peel tomatoes, cap strawberries etc to can. Never thinking how much good I got out of it!

Gotta go girls! Just to spur you on a little more:

http://view.greetings.yahoo.com/greet/view?2E5SX8V6FPJGG

TonyaS
08-22-2003, 01:29 PM
dill all the way! ;D

Mirabelly
08-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Just finished my workout.........I can't be sure, but I think I saw COLLARBONE!!!

Julie

crazygrace
08-22-2003, 02:54 PM
hey everyone,
sorry I don't have time to respond to everyone today...my headache is killing me and its Friday...our shoot night...so things are busy here. I just want to second what Faye said (you wise woman you!) eating over the things that are hurting us doesn't really help. I know its what I did my whole life...and all it did was make me fatter, never really soothed the ache anyway. Not to mention making me numb inside and that lead to more inactivity and eating MORE :( Hang in there all of you.
Faye...you did give me my :bravo: I got all my points for Wednesday and I got all 4 points for yesterday as well. I am pms major right now and my headache is whomping AND my dh and I are talking about separation as well. I am so sad, so so sad...but I am going to take my own advice and find better ways to soothe myself. (Faye, I love the Elle Woods reference....I love that movie, silly or not :)) I am craving food, lots of mouth hunger yesterday.
I don't weigh myself, so I have no pounds down to report. I feel thinner and this week of staying OP all week has definetely paid off.
I will try and check in more later this afternoon after everyone here is out of my hair and off to the stage.
take care all of you.
shauna

crazygrace
08-22-2003, 02:57 PM
Tonya and Faye...thanks for the info on the one-a-day. I think I will try them.
peace everyone :grouphug:
s

Satine
08-22-2003, 03:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear that alot of you are having troubles....

Missy - You are really smart to totally break it off with #2, it sounds like you have a good thing with #1 - hope you can work it out with him.....yes, pickles I love them!!

Tonya -- yes Dill, forever....ha!

Pam - way to go on your major loss this past week or so...congrats...you are doing so good!!!! :) :)

Faye - I am with you on the man stuff, I married my high school sweet heart and he is all I have ever known, I am glad it is that way, we got married young and have grown up together, thankfully...he is the best......
great job on the glider! Impressive weight loss this week!!

Crazy Grace - Things will get better hang in there...PMS makes everything worse, just get through the week....

Julie - I hope you did see the COLLARBONE......congrats!!
keep up the good work!

Debbie - good to hear that your husband got through safely, that situation is so scary...

Okay so I got all 4 points yesterday but just by the skin of my teeth....barely......but who knows how the weekend will go...
I just had a crappy lunch ( taste wise ) hope I dont get desperate for something tasty later...

I was down 1.5 pounds, i was pretty happy with that...

Good job on all your weight loss!!!
:D

gma22
08-22-2003, 04:12 PM
YOU GET A: :bravo: for points!

:cb: :cb: (SUNG TO "WE ARE FAMILY") WE ARE ALMOST THERE. EVERYONE OF US MET THE DARE! WE ARE ALMOST THERE. ALL US HARD WORKIN LADIES DO CARE!" :cb: :cb:

We are definitely going to make it! I just feel it. Now we need to go the distance and keep it up and not go back to sloppiness just because the challenge is over! Let's keep it at 100%!

Gotta go ladies!

gma22
08-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Well, I just took someone apart on the WW message boards. It was the 200+ lbs to lose thread and this moron asked Did you ever notice that 75% of people at a buffet are extremely overweight and weren't they embarrassed.

Here is what I posted:

Well this is gonna sting, but the fact is, I am not now, was not then and will not ever be ashamed of my size. I did not like how I looked or the fact that my health suffered, but I am never ever ashamed or embarrassed at my size! I think it is dreadfully shallow for people to think that when you are overweight it means you are a pig! Maybe you are looking at things in the wrong kind of light. We don't have the right to judge others and most of all we shouldn't judge ourselves! Why should you be embarrassed by it? You give fodder to people and perpetuate the stigma against overweight people when you won't live your life the way you want because of someone else. Phooey on anyone who thinks of an overweight person that way. Sorry, but that is the way I feel and I won't change that opinion for anyone!

The next person that posted said they were probably a troll, but I don't give a damn. No one is going to take that attitude and I let them get away with it. I hate shallow pathetic human beings like that. They don't deserve anything including my pity for being so ignorant!

Satine
08-22-2003, 05:13 PM
Way to go Faye!!! Give em' ****.....jerks!

gma22
08-22-2003, 05:23 PM
She actually had the guts to come back with "they sweat into the food and eat it all up so there is none for the normal sized people or some dumb ignorant remark. So, she got seconds from me:

You are truly a sad and pathetic person, do you know that? Only someone as ignorant as you would make blatantly stupid statements like you did. You are woefully uninformed as are all people like you. Your life is indeed one that could use a little shot of compassion and thoughtfulness. God help you if some day you are in a position where someone looks down on you because of some outward characteristic. You have stated your opinion and thought you might just zing someone with your insults but no one with any sense will think twice about what you said All these fine overweight men and women should be proud of who they are and the fact that YOU are not an aquaintance of them. Hope some day you grow up because you are seriously immature!

She got attacked pretty good and the last lady really did a number on her!

Satine
08-22-2003, 05:54 PM
I cannot believe how ignorant and uncompassionate some people can be....it really is sad....you gotta great mouth on you Faye, God help the person who messes with you....I love it!!!

TonyaS
08-22-2003, 06:08 PM
haha, yes Faye, I am loving this! go get em! :D

crazygrace
08-22-2003, 06:47 PM
good for you Faye...you are my role model...people like that (trolling or not) need to be told off. :cp: GO girl!
shauna

TonyaS
08-22-2003, 08:11 PM
I have a story :)

as I said before, I just moved in with my husband about 3 months ago, so no one in this neighborhood knows me from before. Looking at me, you can't tell I used to be overweight, unless you see my stretchmarks, but I hide those very well. So we are out with our neighbors a few weeks ago, and 2 women pulled up (we live in an apartment complex), and they were overweight. They also looked to me like mother and daughter. Anyhow, one of our neighbors, a younger guy, says under his breath "there's just no excuse to look like that" and shakes his head....

So I said (can't remember my exact wording) something to effect that they look like mother and daughter to me, and it's probably hereditary. And he's like, "yeah but mostly it's probably just laziness".. so I proceeded to explain to him that I used to weigh 180 pounds nearly at one time, and that I know what it's like to be heavy, and it's hard, and it's not easy. People who can eat whatever the **** they want to and never worry about gaining a pound have NO idea what it's like to have to think day in and day out, and with every bite into the mouth, about calories, and fat grams, and they have no idea what it's like to struggle and struggle, and fight your mind constantly day in and day out.

anyways, I said a lot more, basically I went off, and yanno what ? he shut up! :lol:

gma22
08-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Good for you Tonya and even if YOU were never overweight, it needed to be said.

The little weasel on the other thread removed her post completely so I guess she was tired of getting ripped. Most of them are cowards and if you stand up to them they back down.

One of the biggest reasons I started this thread is to make sure women that were overweight saw themselves as beautiful no matter what their size. I am so sick and tired of the stigma that overweight people, are slobs, lazy, gluttons and as long as we cower behind our fat and don't stand up for ourselves, nothing is going to change. We should be proud of ourselves no matter what our current size. Well, you have gotten that speech a hundred times from me!

Funny story:

DH and I were watching VH1 I love the 70's tonight and I do not remember what the segment was about, but on comes this very large, big breasted blond woman (neatly dressed and fairly attractive) and beneath her boobies they have put her name and what she does for a living. Now I have no idea what her name was but it said she was a PORN star. So I yelled, "Way to go we have arrived at the tv." Jack just laughed and shook his head!

Tomorrow is Sunny thoughts Saturday and what better sunny thought that for all of us to have a 4 pt Friday!

gma22
08-23-2003, 08:06 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny thoughts Saturday so lighten our load with a funny story or a nice thought!

I GET A: :bravo: for points and have made my challenge and the August 31st challenge! Yippeeee!

Tomorrow I will be posting a new long term and short term challenge so be prepared to have more fun!

Talk to you sleepyheads later!

Fare:)

Mirabelly
08-23-2003, 09:53 AM
Morning all!
4 points for yesterday!! I can't believe I made it through the whole week! Thanks to everyone for all the good vibes we've spread around. I'm going to try to keep up the momentum as long as I can.....

Sunny thought: It's sunny here...and only in the low 60's! It's supposed to be nice and cool today, which is good cuz I've got to start insulating and drywalling the big room over the garage.

I got my oldest daughter (9) a skateboard yesterday instead of school clothes. She didn't need any new clothes, and she's been such a couch potato all summer. I figured anything that gets her outside is going to improve her health and attitude (she's a major grump sometimes.........just looooves to be pensive. Probably just pre-pubecent hormones, I hope!) We have a nice level paved driveway and the road is seldom traveled, so I think she will be safe as long as she stays in the driveway. I've given her all the safety speeches, and she's fairly fearful of being injured anyway, so this should be a really good thing for her.

Anyhoo, I'm gonna go watch her.....cuz she's been practicing all morning. No Saturday TV!!! Wow, now THERE's a sunny thought!

Later babes,
Stay strong this weekend!
Julie

gma22
08-23-2003, 01:02 PM
Julie:YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and :queen: for the week for finishing the challenge! Way to go now just keep going!

:sunny: thought from me: We are all winners in this game! We can conquer the mountain set before us and post the goal flag at the top! Continue to do what you are doing and your goal is easily within reach!

Faye;)

pjkdreamer
08-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Where is everybody on this gorgeous summer day? Not too much happening here, went to do the grocery shopping when I got off this afternoon, and then made dinner, veggies....were delish, also had a grilled pork chop, yummy:

Have not done the exercise tape today, will do it after my dinner settles a little, and I will also have to do it tomorrow to make up for Thursday...feeling strong though...despite the chaotic day at work....the last 2 days have been awful! my usual remedy for that was food (esp.junk food), but I abstained! and by the way Jane and I worked everything out, but it is so nice not to turn to food for comfort on both counts. I am eternally grateful that for today this food obsession has been taken away.

Thanks for the inspiration as usual Faye....have you made your selection for your mother of the groom dress?

Mirabelly, ahhhhhh to be anywhere it was in the low 60's would be devine!! did you get that garage cleaned out??

Crazy Grace, Satine, you girls take care of yourselves, I will ck in later on tonight!!

mugirl213
08-23-2003, 07:15 PM
I think I should be OK this weekend and should be able to stay OP. I haven't been feeling really well...it's this whole guy situation that has got me down. And what REALLY isn't helpful, is the fact that no one is really here for me right now. My best friend is "too busy" to talk to me about things, and is more concerned about her husband starting school...even though I was once there for her every crisis. My other close friend lives an hour away and just gives me the "get over it" speech, as does everyone else. I haven't told my mom about any of this...I'm not sure why, I guess I was just afraid she'd think badly of me. Although I'm going to have to come up with some explanation if #1 breaks up with me tonight and doesn't want to go to Ireland with me. He said he'd call around dinner time, and it's 6 PM now, so I'm not sure what will be happening.

Sorry for going on about this...I know it doesn't pertain to weight loss or whatnot...it is just keeping me a little sane right now to just get it out.

Last night went really well for me. I broke up with #2 and he was very understanding. It was all bittersweet in that we were sad, but you could tell he was being strong for me. (Either that or I've deluded myself and he could care less) But I miss him alot...his good times were important to me. But it seems like work will be ok and it seems like we will even still be able to be friends....

Anyway, to the point...yesterday I got a point for exercise a point for water...and...I was about 200 calories over with a half roast beef/cheese sandwich and cup of cheesey noodle soup...the breakup dinner.

So, I'm not working out today, because today is my day to skip, so I'm getting my 2 points in for exercise (since today is an off day), I'm doing pitiful on water...but I'm working on it...and plan is within reach as all I've had is 160 cal for breakfast (2 cookies), an iced fudge ripple drink and a ham and cheese sandwich. So maybe about 600-700 so far for the day...leaving 600-700 for the rest of the day. Should be cake as I'm too nervous to eat.

Sunny thought? I got a shirt at the mall for $3.50! That was an accomplishment for me!

mugirl213
08-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Actually, STRIKE THAT...despite the FOUR chocolate chip cookies last nite, I AM ON PLAN! 4 POINTS FOR ME FOR FRIDAY!!!!

That is a REAL sunny thought!

gma22
08-24-2003, 06:30 AM
SUNDAY: Silly Poll Sunday! Our silly poll for this week:

Have you ever lied on any documents about what your real weight is and by how much?

My poll answer is Yes, and I think the biggest lie was probably 50 lbs or so.

Missy: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. You met your challenge so you get a :queen: !

I decided to take yesterday off so I was not quite op but I did a hour in the pool, total of 27 minutes on the glider and got all my water in.

I GET A: :high: for points.

My dd, sil and dgs are going to Nashville this next week for his work for a couple days and so they wanted to borrow our portable dvd player that works in the car for Thomas. Since we needed to go to the bank we dropped it off. Tom and Jack were outside talking and dd and I were in the living room trying to talk around the T terror. PREFACE:( When my ds called me about getting married he asked me if his sister was mad because he hadn't talked to her would I have her call or e-mail him so I sent her an e-mail telling her he would like to hear from her.) So, with that being said, I ask her if she had talked to her brother. She looked thunderstruck and didn't speak! I said you know something don't you? She said yes but she couldn't tell me she had promised. We got into this Lucy/Ethel routine about the wedding until she said, JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW! I WON'T TELL HIM! Well of course we both knew even though he told each of us not to tell the other. For a 30 year old man, he is such a little boy! :lol: She said she was shocked and I said so were we. So now we are all excited about the whole thing together and I DON'T STILL HAVE TO KEEP IT A SECRET FROM HER WHICH IS WHAT I WAS REALLY HAVING TROUBLE WITH!

Well, ladies gotta go.

Mirabelly
08-24-2003, 10:08 AM
Morning Ladies!
Well, it dang near frosted last night!!!! When I woke up it was 40 degrees in the sun.....it's supposed to warm up some today, but I hope the cool trend lasts and it actually is the start of fall. Fall is my absolute FAVORITE season.

Yesterday dh and I spent all morning insulating 1/2 of the big room over the garage. We still have to finish the insulation and drywall and then paint, carpet and we'll finally be able to finish unpacking all the boxes of sewing/craft stuff. That will probably still take a couple of months, because our weekends are pretty busy.

SO, I did get my exercise and water......but we went to a bbq at a friend's house and I ate way too much meat. 2 hamburgers, and a turkey kielbasa, plus some pasta salad. I was conscious of what I was doing and decided not to worry about it. I'm back OP today, and I have fighter practice this afternoon, so I should be 4 points for today.

Missy: I feel for you honey! Please don't feel badly about spilling your troubles here. We're all supportive of each other in our whole lives, not just "weight loss". Yoiu can't really separate the two can you? I mean, everything we do and feel effects how we eat and what choices we make....it's all interconnected. So, stay strong and focus on the long term goal. Realize that it takes alot of hard work to keep a relationship going! I've been married for nearly 12 years, longer than my parents were, and I love dh more everyday. But sometimes.........we just have to hang on through the bumpy parts in the road! You'll make it through all this, I know it! Big :grouphug: for you!

Well, gotta sew!
Julie

pjkdreamer
08-24-2003, 10:45 AM
Good Morning All,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 1 for exercise and 2 program pts

Julie, 40 this morning, I am coming to your house!! I would absolutely love it!! It is in the 80's here, and foggy and thick with humidity!!:mad: sounds marvelous there:)

Faye, hello friend and mentor..........as for the poll, yes I have done the thing with telling the "untruth" about my weight. My drivers license says 300 (I just got them renewed the other day, I wasnt even 300 4 yrs ago! but now I am getting a little closer to that weight!! 326.3 and counting down, so by the time I renew them in 2007 I will be 130 ish!! ) I MEAN IT, I WILL BE!! THAT GIVES ME MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME, actually I hope to be in 2005! that is certainly attainable. But that is the only thing I lied on, the old D.L, but of course anyone could look at me and tell differently!l:D :D :D

Missy, I am sure breaking it off with #2 was heartbreaking, and sounds like you did some real soul-searching and made the best choice for you. That takes courage, I am proud of you. Those of us that have "compulsive overeating" issues, do not normally make healthy choices in other aspects of our life either, the "disease": and I liken it to that of an alcoholic or drug addict,
robs us of our "senses", and our lives tend to spiral out of control, some of us kept it in check, but with me it progressed to the point of "not wanting to live", (a couple of times, I just really did not care anymore, couldn't care anymore), each good thing we put into our mouth and each negative thought we replace with a positive affirmation, just makes us stronger when it comes to doing the "next right" thing. This choice you made for yourself, and your decision to focus on man #1, is a big step, and a couragious one!! you go girl!! all of your "moons and stars are coming into alignment"....you are achieving a balance, something I am trying to attain in my life....I say :bravo: to you!

Tonya, crazy grace, Satine, where are you chicklets!! ;)

sw 356/June 5th/Aug 7th 331.4/Aug 23 326.3
next goal: 30 lbs bu 12/31
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130ish

gma22
08-24-2003, 03:46 PM
Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: and you are a :queen: for completing the challenge!

Ok here are the long range and short range challenges. I know that the Aug 31 one hasn't ended yet, but it gives you a leg up for the next one.

Long range goal: 30 lbs by Dec 31st. That is less than 2 lbs a week and you can do it. I saw what you all did last week.

Short challenge: Exercise 4 days this coming week for AT LEAST 45 minutes if you have been doing it fairly regular and 30 minutes if you are just beginning! I am issuing a special smiley :barbell: aside from your daily one for each day you exercise! Let's really try and accomplish this girls and get into a good exercise routine. This is less than what health experts recommend and I know you can do this. The desire to get fit is within our hearts because you all worked so very hard last week!

Faye:) (I will post the new challenges on the beginning post when we go to the next thread)

mugirl213
08-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Well I for one must say thank you to faye for spurring us on this past week. I was amazed at what I managed to do. Yesterday was a little odd, as all I ate was 2 cookies and a ham sandwich...but I did manage to stay OP then. I got 3 points yesterday as I neglected to do my water as I should have (AND needed it with all the crying ;)) BUT, I am feeling better today. Went to the gym, did 30 min of cardio, which was rough of course, but, it was worth it. AND, I'm down to 144....though I'm NOT counting my chickens yet...I'm counting that as "sadness fasting" weight loss. In that I've been so upset to eat the past few days, so...I just pray it doesn't all pile back on once I start eating normally. But if it DOESN"t...whoo boy, look out, I may actualy make the challenge!

Anyway, thank you all so much for your sunny thoughts fo rme. They really carried me through.

I know I have a long way to go in life, but with friends like you guys, it makes it just a little bit easier and doesn't make me feel so alone. I'm so proud of us all for staying so on plan last week. It must be faye's brilliant leadership skills!

I'm up for the short challenge for next week...it SHOULDN't be a problem. but who can say. :)

Honeyrose29
08-24-2003, 06:50 PM
HI everyone!

gosh weekends are always so busy for me and today was just a beautiful day in the mid 70s and sunny. i couldnt bear to stay inside!

I am doing well OP and got 4 pts yesterday. So I made it thru the whole week.

Weigh in - I am still at 146. No complaints though. I seem to lose weight very slowly. I picked up some of the One a Day Weight Smart vitamins I have been hearing so much about. I had to go to 3 stores to find them!

Today I had a light yogurt with some granola in it for breakfast
lunch was half a healthy choice turkey breast sandwich with lettuce and tomato only, and dinner.. I havent decided yet. I am thinking Baked potato -loaded with healthy stuff.

I never have more than a minute to visit.. but I want you girls to know I am thinking of all of you and cheering you on! I am working like crazy from home and also quilting in every spare minute I have. Fall and winter are right around the corner.. so I am in the quilting mode :)

Catch you laterzzzzzzz :grouphug:

gma22
08-25-2003, 07:55 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday. Our mission this week should coordinate with our challenge. Try and find a time to work on your exercise for the week. I guarantee that a regular exercise routine will help improve you greatly!

Debbie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. You are doing marvelously.

Don't slack up ladies just because our challenge is over. Continue to try hard to stay within your 4 points for the week. I had a weekend of kind of sloppy eating but I am up to getting in my four everyday this week again. Have to reach my personal challenge the end of next month!

I guess dh and I are going to get tickets and take Thomas to Monsters Inc on Ice next month. These tickets are $45 apiece! Even for a little kid. Plus they charge you some extra B$%^&*() that amounts to $5.50 apiece so these tickets are costing us $152 for just the three of us! The thing is, I desperately want to take him because she never lets us take him to stuff like that or even offers. Either they or her mil takes him to everything. Story behind this is brother is getting married and she is stupidly afraid and threatened by it. DH and I talked for many many months about this and have always maintained that once she found out ds was getting married, miraculously we would get dgs more often and as God is my witness, after being over there Sat afternoon and finding out she knew, I got an e-mail asking me to 1-babysit for him and 2-would be like to take him to this ice show! So we are really looking forward to it even if it puts us in the poorhouse! :lol:

Check in later

Mirabelly
08-25-2003, 09:33 AM
Good Morning everyone!
This is going to be a very busy week for me, so I may not be posting as much. In the belly dance world (yes, there is a belly dance world :lol:) we have these weekend long workshops with the REALLY great teachers from around the world. We do this mainly because it is often difficult to get really good training. So, anyway, there's a lady named Amaya coming all the way from New Mexico to teach us all this weekend. I've taken workshops from her before and I KNOW I'm gonna get my hiney whoooped. We take class all day Saturday (9 to 4), then get dinner and perform in a show saturday night (should get out around 11), then do it all over again Sunday. It's grueling, but so worth it. Amaya is an expert in a flamenco-ish form of dance, so we're going to learn skirt work and fan work.......should be a blast.

But, before all that.....I have to sew costumes, and build a show set, and set up the set, and then tear down the set......oh, and somewhere in there I need to rehearse! Plus, the kids start school on Wed! woo hooo :cb:

Ok, so I need to get sewing.....I got 4 points yesterday. Fought pretty well at practice, but my body is very sore today. Dancing should work out the kinks tonight.

I'm up for the short challenge. Though all my exercise this week will be devoted to rehearsing.....if I push too hard, I'll be totally pooped on Sat.

Later babes,
Julie

gma22
08-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points. Exercise is exercise whatever form it comes in! I can just imagine me belly dancing. My belly would continue to dance 2 hours after the rest of me stopped! :lol: It is becoming one ugly sight. It not only is sagging badly, but is developing a V in the middle, but I ain't a complainin' cause it means out goes the fat!

Our power went out for about 1/2 hour and it is really hot and sticky here so genius that I am got on my glider and started working out! WHEW! I only do 15 minutes at a time, but I got 45 total minutes in yesterday and hope to do the same AND a pool workout if the pool is opened today. It was closed all day yesterday for some reason. Maybe I sweat off a lb or two!

Did I tell you I am going to do a 5K walk in October? I have never walked a total of 3.1 miles, but I know I can do it! I just want my dh standing at the finish line with a camera! That will be one nice goal to achieve when only 8 months ago I could barely drag my butt 1/2 mile. Maybe I should get spandex to wear:?: No, that is too horrible even for me to consider.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a great day ladies!

Faye;)

mugirl213
08-25-2003, 10:33 AM
Well I got 4 points for yesterday and did a little exercising to make up for the fact that I didn't on Saturday (even though it's a day off). It's amazing what one weekend of trauma will do for a diet...seemed to have lost a few pounds, but I'm not bragging it up until later in the week when I see for sure I'm not just dealing with that fake weight loss.

Anyway, going to the gym tonight to start a new exercise routine...that should be interesting as I share with a man what flabby parts of my body I need to work out.

Boy update: I am broken up with #2...but I still love him, which is making things really hard for me. I am going to try to work th ings out with #1, but I am worried that th ings between us won't work because he won't be able to get past the breech of trust and b/c I'm questioning whether or not romantic tings between us will still work, but that's basically b/c I haven't been intimate with him for 2 years. So we'll see I guess.

Anyway, that's all for now, I'll check in later.

Honeyrose29
08-25-2003, 10:35 AM
Goodmorning!

Wow.. I am already up and at 'em hard. I got my walk in, made breakfast for the kids (yogurt for me :) ) And spent an hour listing on my auctions.

I got all 4 pts yday :cb:

I'm going to get the kids involved in something this afternoon so I can work some more on my quilting. I have found that busy hands and busy mind keeps me from eating.. so I am staying busy!

Julie.. those workshops sound wonderful. I could never see myself belly dancing though. I have the skin/flabby thing going on around my middle and it kind of hangs in a W shape. That would definately be less than attractive! Ahhh I miss the days of flat tummy.

Faye .. I am very happy you are getting to take Thomas to see Monsters Inc on Ice. That will be so exciting for all of you. I just love doing things like that..even for myself! Also, I know you can do the 3.1 miles.. I do that 3+ times a week.. and 3 months ago I couldnt even do 1/10th of a mile without huffing and puffing. You can do it and we'll all be cheering you on!

later girls

pjkdreamer
08-25-2003, 10:36 AM
Good Monday Chickies,:dance:

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 1pt for exercise, and 2 program pts.

Sounds like a great mission to me Faye, I accept!! We are all going to do this....we are going to kick butt this wk!! :jig: :strong: :cb: a 5k walk? that is fabulous news!! you wil be so proud of yourself!! I am proud of you just for attempting it!! that is fantastic;) did you ever say which dress you picked out for the wedding? if you did I missed it. Has a date been set yet?

Mirabelly, you dancing chickie you!!!:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: sounds like work to me!!! but also sounds like loads of fun!

Honeyrose...fabulous! all 4pts all week, well bring it on girlie, let's do it this week too:D :D :D

Missy, you hang in there.....I know it sounds cliche' but times like these really do make us stronger.;) :grouphug:

This is going to be a great week for me, off tomorrow and Wednesday and then off Sunday and Monday of next wk!! cant believe I will be off on a Sunday, and a holiday to boot:lol: :lol: I never get holidays off....we are planning a cookout/birthday party for Jane's neices' fiance. should be a blast!!! and I am already planning my menu:lol: :lol: will make sure there is something there for me so I can stay within my plan. Feels great to be "on track", and disciplined, and to plan ahead with "taking care of myself" in mind. I am truly blessed.:love:

all of you chicklets have a great day, and I will ck in later:wave:

gma22
08-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Bummer! It IS a 5 MILE walk not a 5K as we were originally told. The lady who e-mailed me said there would be vans for those who could not do the whole thing, but it kind of takes the neatness out of it. I don't know. I am going to wait and see what my dd says about the whole thing. I was doing it with her and Thomas.

Debbie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points.

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points.

I have been an hour in the pool and 1/2 so far with the glider so I only have one more 15 minute increment to do. I want to get the downstairs cleaned today and maybe the upstairs this evening.

Talk to all you girls later.

Mirabelly
08-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Hi gals.
Just popping in while I eat lunch.

For those of you saying you have too much belly to belly dance.......I've got news for you! It's a folk dance. It's been passed down from mother to daughter to grand daughter for thousands and thousands of years. It predates the Bible! (yes, it's very likely that Jesus "belly danced". Try to get THAT picture out of your head :lol:) It's used to ease childbirth. It's for young and old, skinny and fat........and it's inside each and every one of you, whether you know it or not! This dance is made up of natural movements that harmonize the body, mind and spirit. When you dance in this way, you feel beautiful...you ARE beautiful.......it's NOT a skinshow! (not that any of you said it was.....)

I've had 3 cesarean sections and more than enough belly for five dancers.....I weigh 238 pounds, for crying out loud!! And I'm totally addicted to Oriental dance (to call it by it's true name)

Rent a video, take a class....I guarantee it's the most fun you'll ever have working out!

There's a bellydancing thread in the exercise forum here. You might want to check it out!

Well, gotta sew. Everyone stay strong! Faye, I think you should still do the walk, even if it is 5 miles instead of 5K........you can do it! Especially if you start preparing now.

Julie

pjkdreamer
08-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Afternoon Girly Girls!

Just popped in for a sec to say, I did the 2mile WATP tape to the end (without stopping), today is the first day I have done it all the way through!! The plan is to do this till 9/25 then start on the 3mile tape. Feeling:strong: :dance: :flow2: :dancer:

toodles girls, catch you later....oh and Mirabelly....still not sure I could belly dance or oriental dance or whatever you want to call it!:o who knows one day, maybe!!

TonyaS
08-25-2003, 04:48 PM
Hi ladies! making a quick hello , busy busy monday , hate it :(

I can't wait to go home, argh !

hope you all have a better day than I am having tho!

pjkdreamer
08-26-2003, 12:50 AM
Evening girls,

Just wanted to say good night and pleasant dreams...:bubbles: :bubbles: :bubbles: :bubbles:

check in with you tomorrow am:write:

gma22
08-26-2003, 06:03 AM
WE ARE ALL OUT EXERCISING SO DON'T POST HERE. WHEN YOU ARE FINISHED WITH YOUR ROUTINE, COME TO #22!