General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 11:29 PM   #1  

hi everyone..newbie here. my friend aphil told me about this site and so far i am very pleased with the responses. I have been doing Atkins since Feb of this year. My starting weight was 251 and I am currently 217. Have enjoyed not feeling hungry but have my moments after a month or so where i feel like I need a variety of food so I take a break and eat JUNK! probably not the best approach, have been exercising but not as much as I should. I work second shift and sometimes it is difficult to get motivated. I am planning on starting WW after my h.s reunion weekend coming up..so any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Hope everyone is doing well...hope to hear from you
nursenicki
Old 08-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #2  
it's always something

Welcome to 3FC! Congratulations on your loss so far, you've done well!
Old 08-28-2003, 09:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi Nurse..... Welcome aboard....

If you would like we have a thread on the Support board called "Angels Augst Better Body Challenge"..... come join us!!!!
Everyone is doing something a little different but we are there for each other!

Good Luck on whatever you do!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey!
Glad you made it over here and figured everything on the boards all out. You are more than welcome to join us over on the Doin' It the Old Fashioned Way thread...we are mostly calorie counters and WW members over there...and we are known for being drill seargants with the exercise motivation when someone is slacking!
My advice for the exercise is to get it done early...set that alarm and GET UP. Do not hit that snooze! That is where you can get in trouble, especially with working 2nd shift and knowing you really don't have to be anywhere until early afternoon-it can be tempting to stay in bed all morning...
Get up and get out the door to the gym or in front of that tv if you exercise at home and do it before you get a chance to talk yourself out of it. You will feel much better afterwards for the rest of the day, knowing you have done it.
Aphil
Old 09-19-2003, 08:56 AM   #5  

Default plan

well i had said that i was starting ww after my reunion but I tried that for a couple weeks and it is not for me right now. I am staying on Atkins, I dont feel the dropping of blood sugar with Atkins and I am losing. currently at 213.5...starting weight was 251.5 so not too bad ..shooting for 180 at this point....going on a cruise in Janurary so would love to be at that weight when i go. Has anyone been on a cruise or been to the Bahamas. let me know.
Old 09-19-2003, 02:02 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey Nick-if you make it to 180-190 by your cruise...let me know! I have some nice bathing suits in size 18 that you can take with you that you should be able to wear by then, since at 213 you told me you were a size 20...they should fit you at that weight range...heck, if you make it to 180-190 by then-you can HAVE them!
I have a bunch of size 18 stuff that you can have when you need it! I am in a 16 now...hopefully I will be in a size 14 in the next few months...
Amy
Closed Thread