Old 04-15-2016, 03:37 AM   #1  
We got this!

S/C/G: 440/440/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Cool I'm new!

Hello! My name is Tammy. I am 39 years old, mom to 3, business owner and I weight 438.6 pounds as of this morning.

I've been through a lot with my weight loss journey... Going from 380 to 190 in 2 years. Gaining it allll back over a period of three years and then some. From March 2015 to September I went from 440 to 350... And had a hernia incarceration, hospital for 2 weeks, major open abdominal surgery and ate myself back to here.

So today I hit Costco, loaded up on veg, lean proteins, healthy carbs and fats. And started with that meal.

I know how to lose weight. I just SUCK at keeping it off.

So that's me. Expect daily posts

Last edited by Tkozoris; 04-15-2016 at 03:37 AM.
Tkozoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Welcome Tkozoris! We're the same height, except you've done something I've never done, reach under 200 lbs.!! Omigosh that is awesome! My highest was 350 lbs. and I remember getting a dire warning from my gynecologist many years ago (when I was 21 years old) that I would "die if I didn't lose weight" at the time I was 327 lbs. . Her reasoning was that my body would give out before I ever made it to "My 600 lb. life" my age being 21 at the time I didn't take it seriously. The health problems I had were sleep apnea (in fact I may still have this one *boo*, but not as bad as before I lost weight) and PCOS (I've been non-symptomatic for the past handful of years), perhaps some mild hypertension. I am one of those people that only visits a doctor when I KNOW there is something wrong, which isn't smart but it is what it is. Anyhow you've accomplished so much, so I feel weird imparting this bit of info but I will -
Please don't feel you have to go from "couch potato" to "athlete" to do this, slow and steady has been proven to last the longest and be the easiest to stick to.

Also if you use food to cope (as I do, I have binge eating disorder & I'm just addicted to food period) OA (Overeaters Anonymous) has in person, online and my personal favorite phone meetings to participate in. They are a 12-step program and I will admit I am not following the steps, just seeking general help from fellow food addicts and it has helped me. I went from binging for 4 days straight to working on my 10th day of not binging, which for me is HUGE (I usually binged at least 1 or 2 days a week).

Lastly congratulations on your weight loss journey, I look forward to seeing more posts from you, my favorite sites are myfitnesspal (for calorie-counting, but they count carbs, sodium, protein, etc. as well) if you join please feel free to add me as mysecondlifebeginsnow & of course 3fatchicks.com/forum is amazing this site has provided me with so much support, help and resources during some terrible times I don't know where I would be without it. Wishing you wonderful things, you know you can do this because you already have!
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Hey! Daily posts are great! That's something that I need to get back into the habit of myself! I haven't been a member of the forum very long (only about a month) but it's probably been a week or two since I posted...oops...anyway, welcome aboard! You WILL keep it off this time!
mrslovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #4  

Hi Tammy, You have come to the right place to get support and encouragement. You got this.
Teena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 08:55 PM   #5  
We got this!

S/C/G: 440/440/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Thank you ladies!!! I'm a long time user of myfitnesspal and find it invaluable! I'm on day three, out for a wiener roast tonight and pack my own dinner (roasted chicken, snap peas, new potatoes) all measured amounts. 4.5 pounds of water weight gone already
Tkozoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 05:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi Tammy! Welcome to the best weight loss group ever! I look forward to seeing your daily posts Candidcamster, we share some of the same health issues. I am curious about OA; I have never heard of that group, can you share a little more information about it? I just came back from a week long holiday, and I binged the entire time, resulting in a 1.5kg weight gain in a week. So disappointing, however I chose the behaviour so I have to accept the consequences of unlimited, ridiculous over eating really bad foods.
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote