Old 04-03-2016, 12:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/122.2/110

Height: 5'0"

Default Help! What Should I Eat?

So I am going away on vacation and decided to phase off diet until I come back. (I know it's a risky move)...

The problem I am having is that I am supposed to start Phase 4 on Monday, but I am failing miserably at Phase 3! I am so attached to my IP foods and this diet, that I am too scared to eat regular food.

Every morning I am eating a multi-grain english muffin with small amount of yogurt butter, and then I've been eating an IP lunch, IP snack and a protein for dinner. (Also roasted cauliflower which I eat daily). I feel like I am setting myself up for failure since I will not be able to eat these foods while on vacation and am too scared to start gaining weight, so I won't change it up. I am supposed to be eating 3 non-IP meals at this point. Some days I eat 1 and some 2. I have a couple more weeks before I leave so I am hoping to really phase off.

All this to say....can anyone suggest a couple of Phase 3 and 4 menus, or a place to find Phase 4 menus. I will not have access to any kind of microwave, stove or oven for 8 days, so I am talking about ordering foods at restaurants and buffets (on a cruise).

Thanks!
dinkydee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hi dinkydee - Just curious, why do you say you are failing at P3? What part of it is causing you problems?
I notice that your breakfast sounds pretty sparse, you should add some fruit and protein - is there enough in the yogurt? maybe add some nut butter. Are you using MFP to check?

Don't be afraid of P4

To start, try to keep it simple. Have a P3-type breakfast. Grain, dairy, fruit, fat.
That could be oatmeal, with yogurt or milk, some fruit, --or ---egg/toast with PB, fruit, milk or yogurt. Should be doable at restaurants
Lunch - protein, veg, fat - so a Chicken caesar salad, or a regular salad with full fat dressing, with some chicken, shrimp? maybe some cheese. Tuna salad with mayo on lettuce?
Dinner - protein, veg, carb - so any lean protein, veggies just like on P1/P2, and a good carb (potato, sweet potato, rice, quinoa).
You can have your IP bar/drink for a snack, or you can have fruit, or almonds - maybe take some of these with you to keep on hand.

Good luck, and don't stress out too much, Vacations are supposed to be fun
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/117/120

Height: 5' 2"

The cruise will not be as bad as you think. Vegetables are available in the buffet, I ate a big salad for lunch everyday and added a piece of plain chicken breast (also at the buffet). I did bring along my own walden farms dressings on the cruise.

For breakfast I would have them cook me 2 eggs without oil, they have cooking spray and I would add a piece of toast and some fruit, I would also make my own iced coffee with skim milk. I also found turkey sausage. Not necessarily all the same day.

Dinner in the restaurants was more difficult, but I found with all the walking I did, and keeping my breakfast and lunch good, I did not really worry about my dinner choices. My husband would order desert and I would sample but rarely ordered my own.
A cruise has great food options, but walk the buffet and look at the items.
Have a great time!
AllMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/122.2/110

Height: 5'0"

Thank you so much for the responses! By 'failing' I just meant that I am so attached to my IP foods that I'm having a hard time phasing off them. I should be eating 1 IP food and 3 non-IP at this point. I usually eat 2 and 2.
dinkydee is offline   Reply With Quote