South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 04:23 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday Twitters, SBD March 29

Good Morning!

Coffee is on and I'm headed down for a cup. We went to bed early and are enjoying our morning doing "stuff" before I head in to work at 530 am. DH makes cutting boards (exquisite) which take many short processes. He enjoys the early mornings, too.

By getting chores done this morning I'm freeing up time to head to Denver tomorrow. I want to get some fun stuff accomplished like dropping off my small rototiller for repair before its May and I need it....hauling some more garden soil back from Costco....maybe dropping by a greenhouse just for inspiration.....something will come up for certain.

Have a great day everyone! Welcome home, Pearlrose!
Old 03-29-2016, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - ooooooh, do you have pics of DH's boards? I have my grandmother's board, I think of her every time I use it (It's a pig ). Hope work goes smoothly and you get some inspiration!

Pearl - glad you made it safe and sound!

My family made it home safe and sound last night, and the quiet is gone . Today I have a procedure (myelogram) so I have an excuse to be even more lazy than normal. But, being a good girl, I prepped Mexican crock pot casserole last night so we'd have it tonight. So a good, healthy (and cheap!) meal with no prep! Never mind, excellent leftovers!

Kind of dreary this morning...time to check the forecast and see what the rest of the day brings. I think it's warming up at the end of the week....
Old 03-29-2016, 07:16 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just lost a long post I hate when that happens but have to scurry around now to get ready for an 8 am cheque pick-up. Sheesh! The cardinals are whistling and it's going to hit 41 with sunshine. Please tell me Spring's here!
Old 03-29-2016, 07:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

The winds we had yesterday and today should blow winter away for good. Lots of dog howling last night or were they just whining for mom lol.

Pearlrose glad you made it home safely and enjoyed your trip.

Tammy good luck today. I'll be thinking of you. Is hubby taking your or crazy cat lady? Enjoy your yummy dinner tonight. I have all the fixings for it. I've been making it with ground chicken breast lately. Just as good. I stocked up during a sale.

Ruth sorry you lost your post. Enjoy the cardinals melody.

Debbie I need a greenhouse trip too. Just seeing the plants lifts my spirits. I may plant some veggies in containers this year and see how that goes. I too would love to see one of Kirk's cutting boards.

Yesterday I did manage to find a new area rug for my exercise room. It was on sale from 90 to 67 and then I had a 20% coupon, score! Lol this one actually fits although I would have preferred it to be one foot wider. I stocked up on OP food for the week and clear liquids for the beginning of next week. Let's hope this year's colonoscopy prep works. I have to start reducing nuts, seeds, high fiber foods this week. Liquid diet starts Saturday and prep begins Sunday for a Wednesday appointment. I figure I'll be good and cranky by Monday lol. I just hope I can tolerate the taste this time. Today I just need to do a few quick things before starting my work week. At least I am off tomorrow for my sister's birthday.

Happy Monday!
Old 03-29-2016, 08:52 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's so nice to see the sun shining here, I have missed the sun lol. I got lucky and today is wfh so I can try and get caught up from being off for a few days. I do have several meetings as well on my calender. I do need to make a run to the grocery store later on today. Luckily I had on hand breakfast stuff to start Phase 1 this week let's just say my parents are not eating SouthBeach and I didn't want to make a fuss while we were there about food.

Debbie we have bought some potting soil to plant some flower seeds (DD2) so we should be able to do this week. Your will have to show us a picture of DH cutting boards

Tywnn hope your procedure goes well and quickly for you today

Ruth I hate when I lose my post. Have a great day

Jekel sounds like you did score with the rug. I hope your prep works this time for you and then you are off the hook for 10 years

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-29-2016, 02:02 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

I am still around. Popped in to say hello. Won't be making my March goals - every intention to get to the gym this month and then?? Looks like I may need to have surgery on my ankle. OYE VEY!

I hope all are well.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks! Busy day today as I was back to work. Why is it that is only takes a day or two to feel like you never had a vacation?

Debbie, I plan on having DH tune up the rototiller soon. He needs to do the lawnmower belts and such as well. A greenhouse trip sounds awesome!

Tammy, hope the test went smoothly.

Jennifer, that's a lot of days of prep!! I'd be cranky too. 24 hours was bad enough.

Ruth, spring MUST be coming since I had over a dozen robins hanging out in the back yard yesterday.

Pearlrose, I was at my parents' house this weekend and had the same thought: what do you do when it is salad and meat with white potatoes and bread? Eat as much of the salad as you politely can and head back to P1 when you get home.

Jenne, good to see you!

Time to check on dinner!
Closed Thread