UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #1  

Default Hello- new member here!

Hi guys. I found this website today while searching weight loss support forums and thought I would give it a go.

2 years ago I joined slimming world and lost over 3 stone. My confidence soared and hitting my lowest weight coincided with me getting a new job that I loved and being able to treat myself a bit more. But over the last 10 months I have gained all of my weight back and more. Because of my working hours I was unable to attend groups and slowly I started to fall off the plan and go back to my old habits. The hours I work make it quite difficult to plan and cook in the way I want to which means I live mostly on take aways and snacks (not the healthy, good kind). I have gone back to rejoin 3 times now, and each time I've started really well but after a couple of weeks I lose it again. Ive now just experienced the worst 6 months of my life. My cat was killed by the cat killer in south London, I came home from work to find burglars in my home, and I'm being made redundant in 3 weeks. I'm also currently working 10-13 hour days so I can save more money in case I have to spend time unemployed, and as you can probably guess, being out of the house for 15 hours a day, 6 days a week makes it difficult to make time for cooking.

I don't seem to be able to stop myself from binge eating though. I feel like I keep trying and my motivation has just deserted me. I feel like such a failure and I'm so embarrassed in front of other people. I just constantly feel uncomfortable in my own body.

Sorry for such a long winded message. I'm just mostly looking for the support and encouragement that I don't get from people I know (they don't really understand that maybe telling people they are fat and need to lose weight is not actually gonna make that person feel motivated to do so). Does anyone else have a problem with binge eating? I have planned to try to go this week without devouring lots of chocolates and Pringles, but really I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.
Pushki86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:53 AM   #2  

Sorry to hear you have regained the weight you had lost. You can do this step away from the naughty treats Pringles takeaways chocolates and remember why you want to do this. When I'm having a bad day I put on my bikini and remember why I am doing this I couldn't currently be seen in public in it. Good luck
Determinedchick22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5

Hey Pushki!

Sorry to hear that you've been through so much lately. I too lost a lot of weight about two years ago and then threw my healthy habits out the window. I don't regret it though I see it as a lesson and a chance to be healthier than ever and have the best body of my life by the time the Xmas parties come around and keep up the healthy lifestyle for life. YOu should be excited that you can change your body now . I hope this helps Good luck
truddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/214/200

Hi Pushki, I have just started posting and saw your message, just wanted to say I hope things are a little better now, what a horrible time you were having So sorry about your cat that is awful The only advice I can give, as a massive yo-yo dieter myself is to just start today. Don't put it off, the quicker you get going the quicker you will see results and feel better in yourself. It is sooo difficult not to order a really tasty takeaway and down a pint of wine if you have a bad day but I never feel better the morning after, only sad and slobby! Good luck, I think we will all get through this together
Sallyamelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Hey hun sorry about your cat I am a big binge eater too, its hard. You work such long hours... hope you find a new job soon hun xxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:23 PM   #6  
Motivated member

S/C/G: 310/259/147

Height: 5'6

Smile

So sorry to hear about everything thats going on Life can be hard at times but I hope joining the forum gives you more support.
The only way to stop me binge eating is to literally just not buy it in the first place. My problem is I can't just have one and before you know it I've ate the entire pack.

You've lost weight before so you know your 100% capable of doing it again
Have you got anything on your phone like My Fitness Pal? Its a really good way of tracking your calorie intake so maybe then you can slowly start getting rid of the unhealthy snacking day by day.

It's so so hard in the beginning and I was very temped to give up in the first few weeks, plus your bad circumstances can't be helping, perhaps consider a no contract gym membership or swimming pass, I go swimming 3x weekly now and I find it a really good way of releasing stress and anxiety without reaching for the biscuit tin. Hope it all goes well

Last edited by Hannahb3232; 06-19-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Hannahb3232 is offline   Reply With Quote