South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 06:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Last(?) Winter Weekend - we hope!

Good morning from dark and cold Delta.

What happened to Spring? I knew she was teasing us. It's 19ºF out there and Jazz was reluctant to go out despite wakening me up at 4:10. I think he misses his fur coat.

I absolutely MUST get more sleep. I excused myself from Book Club last night and was in bed by 10 but 6 hours is not enough. I wish I could nap in the afternoon but this house is sometimes like Grand Central with drop-ins and I really don't feel sleepy then.

I plan to spend part of the morning putting some order into my desk and kitchen chaos. This afternoon will be pretty much taken up with Linda's memorial but I will manage to avoid the "lunch" afterwards. I am puzzling over what to make for dinner - maybe a meatloaf and salad? Soup from the freezer stash? Decisions! Decisions! I need staff!

Darn dogs are back in their beds asleep! I may see if I can sneak in a wee nap since it's still darkish outside.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Yes, it's 32 here, with S*** predicted today and tomorrow (I don't think enough to accumulate). Poor hubby, he probably won't get out to escape life. But he did get out yesterday, and the dog had over 25 ticks on her (um, sticking with the repellent collar instead next time!), and probably 10 on him. I would always tell clients the ticks come out in March, I guess I was right?

Ruth, can you ask your doc for something to sleep? Before the concoction I'm on now, I took trazadone to sleep before. Worked fantastic for me and a bunch of people I know. Melatonin did nothing. Unfortunately, wine and moonshine work great, but I wake up WIDE AWAKE when it wears off, around 2 or 3 am. I do hope you get more sleep.

I don't know what the plan is for today. I should plan some meals out (do I haaaavvvvveeee to?), and there's some really good sales with Easter coming up. I was thinking maybe I'd get a ham, but DH will be hammed out (hee hee) by the time he goes to see Papa next weekend in NC. Maybe a rib roast? That's such a special treat .

It's still nice and quiet, and the coffee just finished brewing..
Old 03-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It's cold here as well and we have s*** predicted for tomorrow as well not a lot but still, I am done with it Dinner with DD2 BF went well, he seems like a nice young man.

DD2 had a friend sleepover yesterday and they made a fort in the living room. They are still asleep, but will need to clean that up once awake.

Plans are to take them to the library today and just run a few errands, I do need to pick up a Birthday present for my mom to give to her when we go next week.

Ruth I do hope you get more sleep soon even 10 minute catnaps seem to help though I never seem to be able to do.

Tywnn since we are gone to my parents for Easter I do not have to plan a meal which is kind of nice.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!
Old 03-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. I have a "weather" conference call at 4 today, that doesn't sound good lol. My local weather looks good as I think the snow will stay south of me. I have to remind myself it is still March lol.

Ruth I haven't had meatloaf in years, that would be my choice. Hope you start getting more sleep. It's hard running on empty.

Tammy I never realized tick season started so early. In the 16 plus years I've had Mick, I've never pulled a tick from either dogs or myself. They are attracted to Joe and their dog Duke. Glad hubby and Emma enjoyed their walk in the woods. Hopefully you will be able to rejoin them soon

I've been doing really well with my food choices and exercise this month. Since it is just me these days I do find it easier to stay focused. Also my little Fitbit is keeping me honest. I do need to get my weekly staples, but I think I have another week or two of freezer finds. Otherwise just another day at work.

Happy Saturday come on daffodils!!!
Old 03-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #5  

Morning Pearlrose you snuck in on me. Glad dinner with DD BF went well. I haven't had a fort in my house in years!!! Brings back fond memories of making my own when I was young. A granted they were always confined to my room lol.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:28 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

We are also in the teens this morning with some heavy frost. Luckily the snow we got yesterday morning melted by midday but still.....I'm ready for spring. With Easter falling so early this year we are on break this week; it would be nice to be able to putter outside. At least it is sunny right now; maybe I can take a walk outside later.

Ruth, I'll chime in with everyone else: getting more sleep is important, although difficult at times. Maybe you can get a "do not disturb" sign for the front door?? Personally, I know I can nap right after lunch but any later in the afternoon just doesn't work for me. Enjoy the memorial. And I vote for soup tonight!

Tammy, ugh, ticks. We are so far north we avoided them (and Lyme disease) for a long time but now it is becoming a problem. I don't really like doing the planning part but having a meal plan makes the week so much easier! Enjoy the day.

Pearlrose, I wish you success on your errand run! And no lines. Seems like every time I have to take a package to mail I have to wait in line....You reminded me, I need to check on restaurants since we want to take my parents out for Easter.

Off to find more coffee. Happy Saturday, chicks.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:29 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Jennifer! Better look at that forecast myself as DS2 will be headed back to Long Island tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's pretty darn cold here. My phone says 12°. I haven't looked at the thermometer. Oh well, spring is coming. I know it. I went to Lowe's the other day and The snowblowers and sleds are on sale and they are moving in the garden stuff. That works for me!

I've just poured my 1st cup of coffee and will sit and enjoy it for a while. Kirk is traveling over today so I get back into responsibility mode. Work tomorrow. I guess I will look into the refrigerator/freezer and find something for dinner. It seems like we have a lot stashed away right now.

We used to have lots of ticks here when I was a kid and I haven't seen one for years, nor have I ever taken one off the doggies. They must've all moved east.

Enjoy your day everyone! I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:38 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning it's cold here but we are dodging that stuff the rest of you are getting. I'm annoyed because so many of my plants sprouted before this cold hit. I hope they all survive. Ruth do you know if garlic sprouts will survive the cold? Several are above the very generous mulch layer already.

Ruth - I vote for freezer stash. Take a tiny break today. Good luck with the sleep. I go in spurts. Woke up at 3 this morning and fell back to sleep less than half hour before the alarm went off When I do sleep Cricket has an up and down night, and I am her bed elevator. Nothing like 6 or 8 wake-ups to ruin sleep.

Tammy - I haven't found any ticks yet, but I'm sure it won't be long. I guess they start moving as soon as it warms a little. Cricket and I get tested for Lyme every winter, just to be safe. We are both magnets.

Rose - Maybe the s*** will miss you

Jennifer - It is hard to remember it's only March after the nice weather we've had. It makes me want spring even more!

Beth - We don't have a break until the third week of April. I am counting down already! I got my first tick bites here just three years ago. Now we have so many I barely even cringe when I remove them.

It should be a DH work weekend, so a chore weekend for me. he took tomorrow off for our anniversary. It will be fun to have an extra day, but that means I have to be serious about chores today if I want to play tomorrow.

I've got more seeds sprouting and ready to plant. DH bought a good sized portable greenhouse for our anniversary. I get to play with it, and he won't need to build one right away, so it works for everyone My seeds are a few years old, so I'm sprouting them before planting. It's working so well I may do all my spring seeds that way. He is building a couple of low tunnels so I can get greens in next week. Can't wait to plant!

Well, if I'm going to get stuff done I better get moving. Happy Saturday
Old 03-19-2016, 08:39 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie
Old 03-20-2016, 05:30 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Early good morning on a cold first day of Spring but I do have hope! I'm leaving my snow tires on for a while but ...

Celebrated Earth Hour by turning off everything and hitting bed before 8:30, However, the dogs got me up at 4 as usual. They are pottied, fed and back asleep. I've had a coffee and am going to try to go back to sleep for a bit. Wish me luck.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:56 AM   #12  

Did you get back to sleep Ruth? I did! I was awake at ... 3 am, back to bed at 5. I love weekends when DH isn't working (his alarm goes off at 6) and the kids don't go to school (then I get up at 6:50). We are attending a new church with a service at 9 am, which is a bit of a challenge for my family. (around here, most of the services are between 10:30 and 11:30! Half the day is gone when you get out!) But, I just brewed the coffee and the bacon is in the oven, that should wake them up.

I made it to the grocery store yesterday - AND to Wegman's on Friday. The problem with Wegman's is that their bakery section is UH-MAZE-ING, but I escaped this time. Just 2 bagels for the kids, aren't you proud of me? I will admit that we are bacon freaks here, and the other grocery has Oscar Mayer bacon on sale 3 for $9, which is unheard of these days, so I bought 8 lbs of bacon yesterday! And I might buy more later this week! Tee hee hee!

So off to church and then who-knows-what. It's supposed to be a pretty crummy day here, so I will bet DH will be making a nice fire, maybe he'll get the kid to join in a game of Rummikub or something!
Old 03-20-2016, 07:57 AM   #13  

That wasn't a very SBD friendly post, was it? Bacon and bagels?
Old 03-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #14  

Don't worry Ruth we will keep the noise down so you can rest.

Looks like we are going to escape the mess. Beth DS should be good traveling today as it is not supposed to start until very late in the day. The Monday commute for Long Island might be messy.

I think everyone has spring on the brain. The buds on the trees and new green things popping up daily makes me appreciate the beauty of each season. I woukd like to ride outdoors today, but 28 is way too hilly for me! Instead I'll sip more coffee and figure out my plan for the day. Not sure if I will be seeing Joe today or tomorrow. I woukd like to see the new movie with Jennifer Garner. The scale gave me a nice surprise this morning which should help keep me focused.

Happy Anniversay Cyndi!!!

Debbie did they reopen the road or it Kirk have a long drive today?

Happy Sunday!
Old 03-20-2016, 08:07 AM   #15  

Tammy you are too funny!!! I love bacon too. When we went to Ohio we bought a lot, I don't even want to admit to how much lol, from a local pig farmer. I loved that they had 1/2 pound packages so I froze mine. So good and no artificial additives. I always enjoyed Sunday breakfast growing up. Hope you enjoy your new church.
Closed Thread