Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 07:59 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down Chit Chat # 5

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 08-21-2003, 08:10 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Michelle - I was telling Mary yesterday about your break-in, and she said after her car was broken into, she never even liked the car in the same way. It really does make you jumpy for awhile and leaves you feeling violated. Why would a teen want to let your puppy loose where she could be injured or lost???? We'll never know the answer to that, I guess. How was the class last night?

Cristi - hope you got some rest!

Hi to Kat, Carree, Ruth, Marti, Mel, Angie, Ricci, Prairie Chick and anyone else I may have missed.

Well, I had a very bad day with eating yesterday. I don't know quite what got into me, but I went over points by about 10. On the other hand, I don't "bank" leftover points day-to-day, so maybe it will turn out okay.

Another thing, my computer got the virus Worm, so since I have Windows XP, I was able to go back to an earlier time when it didn't have the virus. Whew!

Be good, and I'll see you later,

Jana
Old 08-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!!

I just got internet hooked up today! Although it's not the DSL that we want hooked up later next week, I thought I would get a dial up so I could let you know that I'm back and I'm moved in!

And I love it here!!!! It is soooo nice to have this place. If you only knew of how I have lived in the past, you would truly understand where I'm coming from with this. (I'm sure eventually I will share all that with you, I'm almost like an open book)

I actually took the time time to read all that was posted since I've been gone. And Michelle!, what more can you go through my dear? I had just moved away from the boonies and let me tell you, it's not any safer there than it is in town. Unless of coarse, you are completely alone and your nearest neighbor is miles away. One reason (along with others) we chose to move was our neighbors down the road, were shaddy characters. Never ever smile when you drive by, just a scowl. And I don't know how many times I've seen a sheriff's patrol car driving by.....

Well, ladies, I would love to chat a little longer but I'm still unpacking and organizing. Just wanted to let you know I'm back! I missed our little chats here.

Talk with you all later!
Marti
Old 08-21-2003, 01:58 PM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies

I hate missing a few days because then I come back and don't know where to start. You ladies have been busy.

WELCOME to the newbies!

Kat, I can't believe you gutted, skinned and butchered a deer with a steak knife! WOW! Did I read that right? You are some lady because my dh had done that for years but not with a steak knife, that is a lot of work. Of course I wouldn't even know where to begin, so good for you. I think that is great.

Michelle, sorry to hear about your car being broken into. that is horrible and then that kid letting your dog out, what is up with that. I think feeling paranoid after something like that is normal, you feel violated. I would be feeling the same, especially if I saw two guys hanging around and it looked like they were casing the place. Hope your class goes well for ya and you enjoy it.

Marti, glad to hear you are enjoying your new home!

Jana, I didn't see anything at all wrong with the way you are doing WW. I mean you are staying within your points for the most part so I don't see a problem with that and you are losing so regarless of how you are doing it it is working so it can't be bad. I am like you also in that I don't count the banked points, I also don't do exercise points because I don't want to reward myself with food for exercising. I think you will be fine with going over for one day.

Now me on the other hand I haven't been doing so good, not bad but not so good. I for some reason decided I needed a break from all this measuring and counting and haven't done it for a couple of weeks, including myself. I haven't been exercising as much either but I am slowly building up to the 4-6 days again. I did decide to get on the scales to see how I was doing and it showed a 2 pound gain which isn't bad because for some reason I weighed in the middle of the day and it is TOM so I figure I have maintained and can contribute the gain to the two meals I had for the day, my clothes and TOM. I am not getting back on the scales until the first of September when I will get back on track. Anyway, that's about all with me.

Hi to everyone, I hope everyone is having a great day! TTFN
Old 08-22-2003, 12:35 AM   #5  

Hello everyone!!!

Jana- The race was in Michigan, about a 3 hour drive for us. We are already planning for next years race and hoping to go to another one yet this year. I never realized (sp?) how much faster those cars go by in person compared to on tv. We were all surpised that even though there were a lot of people drinking (of course), nobody was rude, in fact, most were very friendly. The people behind us had a scanner and headphones and asked the 4 of us who our favorite drivers were so they could punch in their radio frequencies and let us know what was going on with them as well as their drivers.

Michelle- I think if I were you I would call the police station on their non-emergency number and let them know what is going on. They might be willing to do a drive by quite a few times a day and question the kids if they are acting suspicious. I read "Shelters of Stone" last winter while I was recuperating from my hysterectomy. I have to say, I honestly didn't think much of it. It seemed to me that she had forgotten what she had written in the "Plains of Passage" and was going over quite a few things again. I also thought she went WAY TOO into detail with some of the stuff in the last book. I couldn't believe I didn;t enjoy that book because I loved all the other books in the series.

Marti- Glad you're moved in and enjoying your new house!! Isn't that the best feeling?

Is it still considered murder if you kill your husband for doing something stupid even if he thought he was doing something good?! I got home tonight and he had told one of our friends that we would take all the tomatoes from his garden (his wife refuses to can or freeze anything). As if I don't have enough tomatoes from our garden. He said he thought he would get me a bunch (I'm guessing 15- 20 pounds or more) since we didn't get many from our garden this year. DUH!!!!!!!!! That's why I didn;t plant many tomatoes, The dirt around here is so fertile that we grow tomato trees (literally) and always get huge tomatos from them. I was ready to scream. Jana, since you make jelly and stuff you know as well as I do that you have to do this stuff right away or you will have gnats and fruit flys galore. GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm off to check my tomato juice, if I had more time I would make tomato soup, spaghetti sauce, ketchup and salsa. But since I don't I guess we get juiced to death.

Christi- Welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi to everyone else, including the newbies!

Ta, Mel
Old 08-22-2003, 12:25 PM   #6  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

I was thinking about how my SIL told me how she woke during the night to go and check her car,,,thing is her garage door had broken that week and the repair men weren't coming till almost a week later. She was paranoid about someone coming back. But yesterday her car was back in the garage. The door cost her 600. to get fixed, and the window was almost 150.

Mel,,,,don't kill the hubby! Get him to chop and dice onions, gr. peppers and crush some garlic and he can make the salsa!
Hubby and I went and rented a storage container to get rid of the clutter in the basement. We move all that junk into tomorrow.

Im getting a bit stressed over the theatre stuff...why did I say I could do all of this???? Sunday I have to prep everyone on their makeup...Ive got a couple of cans to paint, a board to marblize, and upholister 2 small couches. And then call and do sound effects for the whole show.....*panting Ladies you have my premission to stop me next time I say I want to do a theatre show...lol
Im really disappointed that Tanner youngest DS doesn't want to do choir this year. It interefered with his hockey schedule, and this year he wants to ad, football and wrestling. I should go an d join a choir,,,,thing is I couldn't hold a note if my life depended on it.
Well Im a bit long winded today...lol
ttfn
Angie
Old 08-22-2003, 01:43 PM   #7  

Good morning ladies-

Hope all are doing well today.

This morning I woke up to a tapping on my bedroom window at 7:20, my grandpa wanted to let me know that he was going to work on my front porch. I usually get up around 8-8:30 every morning so I was still groggy when I got up. I am still amazed at all that is being done to this house! It's almost an overwhelming feeling that I live here. Feels great.

Just to update you all on all that has been done to this place. (forgive me if I'm repeating myself)

We started with gutting out the bathrooms. Took ALL trim off,(floors, walls and ceiling) took out a wall out of the kitchen, took a door out of the hall bathroom, and tore up the back porch.

We replaced the bathroom tubs in the bathrooms with showers. (no more soaks in the tub) and filled the empty spaces with shelves. The hall bathroom had two doors to it which I didn't think we really needed so one was taken out and a wall put up. Most of the rooms were textured and painted and the kitchen and both bathrooms were wallpapered. EVERY window in the house got new trim and window sills put on. (they were almost non-existant) The counter tops got new formica put on. The back porch that was torn down and got concrete poured for a patio. (I love it) All the floors in the house besides two of the bedrooms had wood floors installed and carpet in the two bedrooms.

Whats left to do is the front porch put back up (it's a little bigger than before) the back yard is getting a fence put up. And they plan on pressure washing the house and painting it.

Whew!! A lot of work was done! And is still being done. I plan on taking pictures once it's all finished and I will definately post them so you can see what it's like. I feel spoiled. Our landlord told us that since it's still under contruction, that this month is rent free and we don't have to pay any of the utilities either. Then he'll discuss with us what he plans on doing with our hours. (he told us to record the hours that we helped work and he will deduct it out of our rent) Wonderfull isn't it? And the best part is, once it's all done, our rent will only be $500/mo. And after a year or two he wants us to buy it from him and he'll carry the contract. I can't beat that at all!!

Well, that is whats up on my side of the country! I'm a happy lady. Although I can't say that I've been doing well with the weight issues. Starting Sept. 1st I plan on getting back on track.

Oh, I know this is already so long but I have other FANTASTIC news! My little brother (26) is finally home!! He's in the Army and has been in the middle east since last September! He was with the 3rd. Calvary, 7th Division. Right up front of it all!! I was estactic to finally hear that he got to come home! I will be seeing him tomorrow with the family. I will update you with how that went and what he had to say about his experiences.

I think I better go before all your eyes fall and you can no longer focus on your screen!!
Talk with you all later
Marti
Old 08-22-2003, 02:41 PM   #8  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Marti
What great news about your brother, I would be pretty happy knowing my brother was home safe and sound.
As for the house,,,,I love doing constuction like that. My parents bought an old house and the work we did on that house was something else. We did sell the house for 3 times what we paid for it.
Angie
Old 08-23-2003, 08:29 AM   #9  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - So glad to hear your brother is back!!!! Tell him I said thank you so much for helping to defend our country! The house sounds so nice and new... you deserve it. And your landlord must be from heaven! Don't you just love a patio? We have one and screened it in, and that is my favorite place to be in the summer.

Cristi - what is "4-6 days" plan? Forgive me if I should already know that.

Mel - Your hubby is such a sweetie, try to not kill him just yet, lol. This winter you will be so glad you have all that juice, but I have to admit, I buy mine at WalMart. I froze whole tomatoes the first year we were here, and they didn't do well. I have no clue what I did wrong, since I followed the instructions to the letter from a book.... Glad you have the race to look forward to. Part of what keeps me OP is knowing we're going back to Disney and I want to be healthier and stronger for that.

Angie - holy cow! You are one busy lady! The show will be so fun, though. Do you act, too? Tanner is at the age where playing sports is a lot more fun than choir. Glad you aren't forcing him like some parents I know.

Well, the food and water are good. The exercising is so-so. I have done well all week, except the slip-up on Wednesday so I am looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow.

Today I am making soup (sausage-bean chowder) and an angel food cake. I have to alter some curtains for the living room and get the laundry done.

I just love talking to you guys! I feel like I can say anything, and you'll understand.

Be good and I'll bbl,

Jana

Last edited by Jana; 08-23-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #10  

Hi everyone-

I thought I would stop by here for a few to see how everyone is coming along.

There is only a little over a week before it's September and I was thinking of how I need to get myself back on track. I was wondering if anyone remembered where it was that you can print out the slider for WW. I can't remember who it was that told me about it but now that I'm getting situated in my house, I would like to start concentrating on myself.

Jana- I think the way you're doing your plan is great! It's obviously working for you. I may even try it myself. You should get some kind of award for losing as much as you have!!

I'm wanting to see what everyone is trying out and see what would work best for me. Before, I watched my portions by weighing and measuring everything. And I did so well. I feel that WW is the closest to what I have done in the past.... but I'm up for any tips for anything else!

I was browsing around and on one of the forums, someone is starting a New Years goal type thing. That is what I had in mind. That is only four months away. And I can do a lot in four months,,, but will my body cooperate with me? I'm going to try and lose 10 maybe 15 by then. And for the new year, I will be concentrating on keeping it off and possibly lose a few more. I am going to go back to Fitday and record what I eat and my progress. I haven't used that in so long!!

So does anyone have an award for themselves for when you reach your ultimate goal???

Ok, I need to get ready for a tour at the new high school here in town. I keep wondering why they didn't do this when I was in school!!!

Until next time
Marti
Old 08-24-2003, 04:12 PM   #11  
GmaTo8

Is this the library or the Jaded Ladies site??? Boy oh boy it sure is quiet in here...... guess everyone is out having fun this weekend.

Marti - thanks for your encouraging words. My ultimate goal reward is an entire new wardrobe, but I give myself small rewards along the way. It really helps to know I "earned" them. If you want to start a New Years challenge thread, go ahead - I think several would join you, and I will "sticky" it for you.

I am down 1/2 more this week, which is pretty good considering I had the brain-fart Wednesday. I always like to compare weight loss to sticks of butter, and that would be 2 more.

DH is just about done with the wainscoting in the living room, and it looks soooo nice! Sprucing up the place can do a lot for a person's moral.

Be good and I'll be back later,
Jana
Old 08-24-2003, 07:13 PM   #12  

thanks for the welcome to the chat.

came home after church this morning and stayed here...spending time planning my eating program in the coming days. Determined to set a path of healthy living. Right now preparing chicken breasts and will freeze individually to pull out quickly...I know that pre-planning is a big part of my future success. Chocolate, pastries and nuts of all kinds has been my downfall.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:06 PM   #13  

What a weekend! I feel as though it was jammed packed with activities.

Saw my brother yesterday! Had a welcome home party at the local pizza place. He is so thin! I asked if he's gotten any rest since being back and he said that he hasn't. Been getting together with friends and family. Told me that sleep and food were the worst things he had to deal with being in Iraq. I just gave him the biggest hug possible without crushing him. So relieved and grateful that my "baby" brother is home. I find it hard to believe that I used to help change his diapers! He's my step-brother, but our parents have been married for almost 25yrs. so he's my brother. No step about it!! I love him dearly.

Before I forget, welcome to our little corner here Welshjo. I hope you find this place worth coming to. As you can see, we talk about everything and anything.

Jana- I would start a thread for the New Year goal, but I can't figure out what exactly it is that I want to say or do. I just know that I have a goal to lose something by then. And that four months is a good time to do it in. Sooo--- ----if anyone would like to help me out in that department.... feel free.

Oh and by the way,, I absolutely love your ultimate goal reward. I think everyone should do that. Maybe even treat yourself to a complete makeover.... do the spa thing, get your hair done, a manicure, a pedicure even!! Treat yourself to a whole day of spoiling yourself. I should have someone in my family sign me up for the makeover story on TLC!!
I had the same idea for my ultimate goal. But I had decided a long time ago to wait at least 6mos. to a year of staying at my goal weight before I went on a shopping spree! I'd hate to get a whole new wardrobe and then not fit in it later.

But!! that's negative thinking so I will stop that!!
Ok, I hear my name being called so I better get going.
I will chat with ya all later
Marti
Old 08-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies

Sorry for being MIA for a few days, my computer is going wacky Try sitting in front of a pink screen for more than 30 minutes! Not sure what is up with it but that's about the length of time I can deal with it, it does a number on your eyes!

I am back on track today, I have had half my water for the day and the eating is good. I have been lax the last two weeks and actually felt like quitting but I REFUSE! Jana, the 4-6 day plan is what I was doing with the exercise, I started out working out 4 days a week and worked up to working out 6 days but then kind of fell off the wagon. Not to worry though, I want this too bad to quit. I got an early start this morning and the house is cleaned, the laundry is almost done, I did my workout and so I thought I better get in here and do some posting. Starting Sept. 1 I am going to give the BFL (Body For Life) a try, so we will see how that goes.

WELCOME Jo! Glad to have ya aboard. You will like it here the ladies are simply mauvelous!

Marti, glad your baby brother is home safe! I would definitely join in on a New Year challenge/goal. I have yet to reward myself, of course I haven't been doing so great in order to reward myself. I haven't thought much about a reward when I reach my ultimate goal either. I see this question asked a lot on these threads and it makes me think but I have no clue what I would like. Something for me to think about. Of course new clothes will be a given so...now what?? Definitely something to ponder.

Jana, congrats on yet another loss this week! You are doing awesome!

Well ladies I hope EVERYONE is having a GREAT Monday! I need to get off this thing in a few minutes as this pink screen is getting to me. Take care ladies and have a good one.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:29 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies!

Jo - welcome to the site! You are so right about planning your food. It is a major factor of weight loss, and as someone's sig says "When you fail to plan, you plan to fail". How true!

Marti - glad you had such a nice visit with your brother. I can't imagine what kinds of food he ate over there, but I betcha it wasn't very good. Pizza probably tasted sooo good to him! Regarding the New Years challenge, you could start by deciding how much weight you think is do-able to lose by then, and try to make that goal. You could do it right here at this thread, just add it at the end of your posts, with your signature, if you want. It's totally up to you.

Cristi - yikes, what's with the pink screen? That has to be very irritating. Glad you are back on track. Thanks for explaining the 4/6 plan.

Hi also to Kat, Carree, Ruth, Mel, Michelle, Angie, Ricci and Prarie Chick. Come over and chat with us!!

I'm sore from all the work we did on the living room this weekend. Moving furniture is no picnic. But it looks so nice, and was sure worth it.

BBL,
Jana
Closed Thread