General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:56 AM   #1  

Question What plan ?

I am a 38 yr old mother of 2. I really need to lose 30 lbs. I have tired many programs and just always seem to lose my way. My schedule is crazy between working a full time job taking care of my family and my daughters sports. What plans have worked for you? I am looking for a weight loss program that is affordable and doable on a busy schedule.
Lynall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #2  

To be honest, nothing out there worked for me, so I just designed my own with my nutritional needs in mind, as well as something that works with my crazy schedule (full time student and demanding job). It might take some tinkering, but it's worked way better for me than anything some random person designed.
PrepDrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:25 AM   #3  

The best plan is one that you can live with and make it your lifestyle going forward. No one can tell you what that is.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:34 PM   #4  

Default High protein

High protein low carb works really well for me. I don't have to count calories, which I like. I just limit my carbs. I've lost 23 pounds so far, 7 more to go. Good luck!
Onedayatatime73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 12:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/143/120

Height: 5'4'

Has anyone tried or have any feed back on this metabolic cooking system? I found the add online and it seems to make sense and looks like it could really work but I don't wanna invest my money in something that turns out to be another fad diet flop? any feed back? advice? I'd appriciate any help with this decision as I don't have money to throw away on something thats not gonna work thanks in advance!
tinywar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:45 PM   #6  

No plan would work unless you eat at a caloric deficit. Find your maintenance calories and eat below that. That is the ONLY way to lose weight effectively and permanently.
yummynood1es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 10:39 AM   #7  

pretty much what everyone else said, its all about calories. I understand your position. Loosing weight is not easy and for new people its hardest because you don't know what to eat. Easiest and most comfortable way is to know how much calories does specific meals contain so you are not limited to exact meal plan. So you have 2 options
1. research this website and learn how to eat properly by yourself - hard to get in and keep right calorie intake by your decisions but you can choose whichever food you want
2. or stick to some strict diet plan that would fit to your lifestyle - easier to get in but hard to stay in, there are plenty so choose wisely

Last edited by Annie98; 06-14-2016 at 05:48 AM.
Annie98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:47 PM   #8  
Time for a real change

S/C/G: 198/198/Minus many inches!!

Height: 5'0"

I too am looking for an eating plan. I will be working with a trainer 2x per week for the next 6mths. While getting a trainer isn't breaking my budget adding the RD to my plan WOULD cost more than I'm willing to pay right now. I know you can't out exercise a bad diet so I'm looking for a plan to just get started.
PoetryInMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Atkins works well for me, but it isn't cheap, and it is not kid friendly. I've also had a lot of success with just straight calorie counting. MyFitnessPal is a great tool for that.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:03 AM   #10  

I don't do a specific plan, other than eat 90% non-processed foods. It's hard to plan meals with a family but it is do-able. You have to plan every meal well in advance and Sunday is a day that I do a LOT of cooking.

I end up walking an hour a day also, along with eating real foods and it's worked wonders. I was 70 pounds overweight, and now I only have a little more to go after having a baby. It's been a challenge but I think I can do it if I keep up the exercise and maybe cut some carbs
Noce1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:09 AM   #11  

Weight loss is really a very troublesome task. But it can be achieved if a person has proper determination and focus to achieve the target. There are many ways to lose weight but one can lose weight easily by exercising regularly for at-least 45 mins a day, eating healthy food like sprouts, eggs white, meat, green vegetables, etc which provides protein, drink plenty of water, take enough sleep. These simple things if you follow in your daily busy schedule you can lose enough weight.
SusanZhang is offline   Reply With Quote