South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 05:36 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday, January 22, SBD Chat

Good morning!

I am up. Coffee is on!

Yesterday was super busy at work and I'm dragging a little bit here this morning. I'm sure coffee will help. Nothing exciting on the agenda other than work.

I think my husband is getting a little antsy to get back to Glenwood but the road only opened last night for very limited travel. It's been a week now since the big rockslides. My sister had to take the detour to get over here to visit with my brother last Friday. It was a 3 1/2 hour detour which I'm not willing to do. I guess the road will be open nights only with flatcars taking one lane of traffic through at a time.

Great day everyone!
The dogs are outside. I guess I'd better find some coffee and go find them.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 02-22-2016 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and happy Monday. I am really in need of coffee this morning as I'm dragging a bit and a tad sore from shoveling wet snow yesterday. A hot shower will help that.

"a 3 1/2 hour detour" !!!!! I'm impressed that anyone would do that. I guess I missed that news. Stay put for now.

My calendar is plugged this week with a long meeting today, bank meeting re investments tomorrow, dentist Wednesday and an all day trip Thursday to pick up historic documents for the Mill archives. I may try to wiggle out of that since I'm not the director in charge and don't think I can handle three or four hours in the car with the Archives person - a nice woman but talks ALL the time about her family and life. She missed the class about conversation a group activity, not a monologue!

Time for a second coffee, a hot shower and an attitude adjustment!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:07 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Ruth! I hope the shower helps and that your coffee is wonderful! people who talk all the time are irritating and I seem to know a few, especially my mother. Lol. It sounds as if this week is going to flyby for you.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Debbie - hope your coffee gave you a little pick me up. I'm with you, 3 1/2 hour detour is a no-go!

Ruth - gosh, what fun to listen to someone talk about themselves for that long! Hope you get some rest time this week.

I have a couple of big appointments this week (Tues, Wed), and I hope to make some progress. My husband says he hopes to have some answers, but I don't expect those, but some more comfort would be nice!

I was telling Lotsofhope in her thread that she should pop in here and ask questions and post her menu if she'd like. I would say we could post what we're eating as well, if you're up to it or have it planned. I remember the old days when we talked about diet on here . And I'm sitting here thinking, what was I going to make for supper? Chili! Jennifer, thanks for your stroke of genius, I found the chopped pepper and onion at Giant (but not Wal-Mart, imagine that), so that's going to save me a bit.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:15 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

And it' back to work Monday Good morning Chicks! Buzzing through this morning because I'm not back in the work groove.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I thought it was time for me to drop in and say "Hi!" to everyone. I do come by occasionally to read your posts so I can keep up with what's happening, and I do sincerely miss you all.

Life is good, and I've been out to Chicago for a wonderful visit with my DD and granddaughters, and I'm happy to report that my DS and DIL are happily settled into their new home, after living with us for nearly 4 years. I've been keeping pretty busy between my 2nd family (my job), Red Hat activities, bookclub, Sodality, and taking care of my Dad. But I can't complain, I'm truly blessed.

I'm still on FB, so you all can still keep in touch, and I will continue to stop by here regularly.

Best wishes!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning everyone. I actually saw a robin when I was out with the pups. That's a good sign right?

Debbie wow that is some detour! Makes NYC driving seem like a breeze!

Ruth I would come up with an excuse not to go. lol

Cyndi and Beth good luck at work today. I bet the kids will be hyper from their week off

Tammy I'll be keeping my fingers crossed and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this week. Hopefully you will get some comfort and answers. I'm all for posting more about SB menus, ideas etc. I tend to eat the same things for a week. Just easier for me. This week's menu includes my morning smoothie, chicken taco soup or vegetable soup for lunch (both homemade), dinner spaghetti squash with spicy turkey sausage and fra Diablo sauce, Friday will be a vegetarian day. Snacks roasted red pepper hummus, red pepper strips, celery, 1oz cheese and 1 oz almonds. I measure/weigh nuts and cheese because I can't be trusted otherwise lol.

I'm going to look at afternoon temps. I may actually go for an outdoor bike ride today. Although I did enjoy working out in my new room yesterday. We'll see how I feel after another cup of coffee. Have a great day!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Hi Linda!!!! What a nice surprise. You are definitely missed! Glad you are well and enjoying life.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:28 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We are back in the 40's this morning but still can't complain it was a gorgeous weekend. I am flying out mid day to go to San Antonio for a conference so I will not be able to post about my food They always have op food but I tend to have too much fruit it looks so good.

Debbie hope coffee helps, I didn't hear about the rock slides, yeah 3 1/2 hour detour would not happen for me. Have a good day

Ruth I am with everyone else would not go along for the ride, otherwise you might come home with a headache.

Tywnn I will be sending positive thoughts your way for your appointments this week.

Cyndi your week off sure flew by Fight and grind

Cottage nice to see you pop in and glad everything is going well for you.

Jekel Enjoy the nicer temps and I hope you get an outside ride in today

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 02-22-2016, 05:14 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Made it through the first day back after the week off. Jennifer, you were right; the kids were a bit preoccupied. You would think with all the social media they wouldn't need time to chatter and catch up (like in the old days) but I guess they still do. I actually flipped the order of my 1st period activities and let them do the group activity before I tried to make them pay attention to me.

So now I am ready for a glass of wine while I make meatball casserole for dinner. (Should we go back to a weekly What's For Dinner thread?). I'm going to make a triple batch and freeze them. I like to freeze the meatballs individually on a cookie sheet; that way I can bag them and only take out as many as I need.

Tammy
, my thoughts are with you tomorrow!

Cottage, great to see you!

I need to move from the couch to the kitchen; if I stay here much longer I could end up taking a nap!
Old 02-22-2016, 05:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Correction - I never made the chili (I'll do that tomorrow, will work better with the late day appointment anyways) and am making one of the favorite's for my kids - marinated London broil. I also put the marinade on onions and mushrooms. I eat rice, they eat roasted potatoes. Ohhh, and roasted asparagus too!
Closed Thread