Old 02-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days in The Life Boat #156

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:22 AM   #2  

My goals for this leg:
1. Stick to my WW plan
2. Get in some form of exercise each day.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi J-Ann, yesterday February 19, was dry for me. I did have a dinner consisting of chips, popcorn and a candy bar, but I tracked and stopped eating after that. No binging!
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #4  

I was okay with meals as well.
Good thing I still had daily pts set aside for a snack though. Peanut butter was not the best choice but I too was able to stop after about 2 tablespoons. I remember saying to myself "What ARE you doing???" and putting the lid back on the jar. The dog got the 3rd Tbls that was on the way to my mouth.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:37 AM   #5  

Why are nut butters so hard to control? I love Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter, but I've learned to avoid the jar and stick to the packets because it's hard to stop. You did good avoiding the third tbsp. Every little bit counts, your hard work will add up at the end of the month, season, year.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:34 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 330/308/150

Height: 5'4

Can I join the life boat? I'm new around here, but love the support yall offer!

My goals for the next 10 days:
1. Hydrate! (at least 80 oz. a day)
2. Move! (at least 4000 steps a day on my fitbit)
3. Stay within my calorie goals.
lovinlife115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #7  

Jump aboard and grab an oar Lovin', Nice to meet you.

Candid, I try to stick to PB2 and just have the real stuff once or twice a week. PB2 came out with a chocolate version. I bought it, didn't like it on toast (chocolate and bread does nothing for me) but I found myself mixing it thin and spooning it like pudding so often that on trash day I made myself toss it. I almost .
Just got back from a grocery run. I took my list and stuck to the outside aisles except for a venture into the spice aisle for granulated garlic. Yay, me!

There's fresh fruit in the galley ladies. Help yourselves.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:17 PM   #8  

Lovinlife115 welcome! J-Ann forgive me if I've asked this already but do you follow WeightWatchergirl1 on YouTube? She's obsessed with Pb2 lol, I'm sure you'd enjoy her videos and FB posts, she's one of my favorites!
You're doing wonderful BTW! I'm also staying in the boat these days, I'm planning to attend my first Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow woohoo!
Old 02-21-2016, 06:00 PM   #9  

Candid, Glad you are doing well. I'm not a big video person. I've never seen WeightWatchergirl1 . The thing I like about PB2 is that I like it, but don't love it enough to overdo. It fills a need w/o binging.
Yesterday was dry. Today, not so much. I used a lot of my extra points. I'm done eating for the day though. I'll have to really buckle down tomorrow!

Have fun at your meeting. If you gave any ?s I'll be glad to try to answer them.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:09 AM   #10  

I was splashed today, 2,280 calories *whistles* , but no binging! I don't like going this far over but my biggest enemy is binge eating, and I've been clean for about a week? Not sure, so I consider today a semi-success.
J-Ann thank you, I'll probably have quite a few questions soon, I'm so excited about the program.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:33 AM   #11  

So yesterday.....lets just forget that happened, shall we?? I would say we went over some rapids and the boat took on some water....but I have everything fixed now and looks like a smooth ride from here on out.

Yesterday was CRAZY busy and eating was not on plan at all....but I did drink (probably about 50 oz) and get my steps in. I also slept 9+ hours last night to recover from crazy day...so I am very optimistic that today will be a good one.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:41 PM   #12  

Lovin, there's velcro in the cabin. I use it to stick myself to my seat.

Candid, Good job stopping yourself. We know how hard that really is!
Old 02-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #13  

Yesterday I fell out the boat but today I'm climbing back in, I had a binge yesterday (not as bad as some I've had recently...) involving a plastic bin of cookies from Whole Foods, I ate over 12 or so, plus some other things. Lesson learned, do not buy cookies in a bin. A cookie is ok, but 3 or more is crowd.
I finally joined Weight Watchers!! I received 34 smart points + 42 weekly points. My goal will be to stay within my allowance, plus 0 point fruits and veggies. The dining out companion/guide is super helpful, I found out my favorite dressing is 10 points a packet! Grr
Old 02-23-2016, 03:13 PM   #14  

Candid, Glad you were able to put the brakes on. If you like vinegars use them to cut the dressing until you find one lower in points that you like. I use either red wine vinegar, or a fruit vinegar, all the time.

I had to use extra points on Sunday but yesterday was fine.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:21 PM   #15  

Darn Easter candy was my downfall last night. Thankfully, I had a pretty good day otherwise, so calorie wise I think I was ok....it was just frustrating because I work so hard NOT to binge....and then I sit down with something saying I'm going to just eat a little...and before I know it...the whole thing is gone. :/

Did better today. Hubby is a pastor and we had a church member's father get in a car accident so we had to go to the hospital an hour and a half away. Was prepared for today....had soup prepared for lunch and everything. Guess we will have the soup tomorrow for lunch. We went out to lunch, but I made really good choices. We also got lost at the hospital and I ended up with 4 floors and 18 active minutes while we were there. So still staying afloat in the boat!! At least today!!!

Joining WW within the next few days.....going to do it online....we live in the middle of nowhere with the closest meeting 45 minutes away. We've been carb cycling...which has worked well......but I need more of a guideline. Excited from all I am reading about Smart Points!

Last edited by lovinlife115; 02-23-2016 at 08:28 PM.