Old 02-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #1  

Default Which is better and why?

I know which one tastes better and costs half as much...

Not trying to be a smarty-pants... just trying to better understand the specifics as to why the IP product is the healthier choice for weight loss in this case.

Assume nothing added to either except a salad.

Thanks for any light you can shed! :-)

Last edited by Guitarman; 03-11-2016 at 04:05 PM.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 01:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185.8/138.6/135.8

Height: 5' 2"

Link only produces an empty page. Is that the smarty pants part?
maybeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:29 PM   #3  

Oh DUH!!! That wasn't very smart....

Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Something weird here... there isn't even a link showing just a tiny little x that doesn't register to a click. Maybe it's the new 3FC site??
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2

I'm assuming you're comparing IP to an alternative? Here is a link to understand more: http://www.healthnutritionforlife.co...nutrition.html

IP is a pharmaceutical grade product, alternatives are food grade. There is a big difference and that is why IP is usually more expensive.
stephascope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:17 AM   #6  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I'm assuming you're comparing IP to an alternative? Here is a link to understand more: http://www.healthnutritionforlife.co...nutrition.html

IP is a pharmaceutical grade product, alternatives are food grade. There is a big difference and that is why IP is usually more expensive.
This article wasn't really clear - was it referring to supplements or packets of food?

Aslo, any unsupported claims to dietary superiority on a website that sells supplements is kind of questionable. I'd like to see supporting links or documents to back up their assertions.
HereIStand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:05 PM   #7  

Ideal Protein is pharmeceutical grade protein products and supplements. Food grade protein products and supplements are those that we find in the grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. I thought it was a good article that explained the difference between two.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #8  

I don't see anything?? :O
SadWyndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #9  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Ideal Protein is pharmeceutical grade protein products and supplements. Food grade protein products and supplements are those that we find in the grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. I thought it was a good article that explained the difference between two.
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but how do you know that IP products are pharmaceutical grade?
Old 03-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #10  

HereIStand - Ideal Protein products are made in a pharmaceutical lab in Quebec Canada. I will do my best to find supporting documentation for you.

I am going to assume the reason you are questioning the subject so aggressively is that you prefer to use alternatives. There's nothing wrong with this, as I understand that many people need to stick to a budget. I am simply trying to point out differences in quality of products. Just because the grocery store has it on the shelf doesn't mean it's good for us. We put so much trust into the food industry to give us a quality product but I'm sure those of us who have been overweight have learned that there's a big difference between certain products/foods that are available to us. I know I should really focus on finding organic, grass fed, preservative free, antibiotic free, blah, blah, blah but I haven't found an easy and affordable way to do this yet.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:04 PM   #11  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

I'm sorry you feel my questions are aggressive. That's not my intention. I just never accept assertions without proof.

I do use alternatives, and most of them - a variety of brands - seem to be identical to IP products in both their ingredients and macros. But, yes, I would like to see proof that IP has their own manufacturing site and process. Otherwise, I'm not convinced that the IP brand is that superior to other brands.

For me, using the packets - and I mean any packets, IP or otherwise - is a temporary choice to use highly processed "food" to get the weight off. Now in maintenance, I have the option to be as choosy as I like when it comes to food sources. Fortunately, I raise my own beef and sometimes my own poultry, so I have grass-fed, non-medicated meat, and that's very important to me. But not everyone has that option, and I think you have to make the best choices you can with whatever money and time you've got. I won't fault someone for using allegedly "inferior" alternatives if that's what they need to do to get the weight off, KWIM?