UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #1  
Laura

S/C/G: 266/262/150

Height: 5ft 9"

Unhappy Newb looking for some inspiration and chatter

Hey all!

So a little about me: My names Laura, I turned 25 in January. Like all, I've been dieting on and off for years but nothing has stuck/I haven't been able to commit.

I now weigh nearly 19st and cannot keep on this way.

I've always been bigger and have been an 18/20 since I was around 15/16, I'm now currently more a 20 if I'm honest with myself and would love to get down to a small 12.

I want to be able to shop in any highstreet store and have a range of choices that I'd feel confident in.
I'm currently planning a trip to Florida with my 4 best friends and would love to be able to go and actually be happy with pictures taken there, comfortable in a swimsuit on the beach and not have the silly dread that some sort of ride belt isn't going to close properly over my belly!

I'm a picky eater and HATE that, but I really just cannot bear salads and the smell and texture of seafood makes me ill, so I'm going to be sticking to a calorie counter diet and try (so expensive!) to join the gym to burn it all off.

I'd really love to have someone to chat to on good days and rant to on bad days :P. Tips and inspiration are also very welcome!!
cookie3191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #2  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Hi Laura, welcome!

Your story is quite similar to mine, although I am sadly 3 inches shorter! I'm 25 in September.

You sound like you know what you're doing and have a plan all worked out, so kudos to you for that! Having a goal to strive for is epic too. When are you hoping to go to Florida?

I also have the same desires as you - to be able to buy in a high street store like New Look or Select! I've come down from a 28 to a 22 so far. Once I get to a 16/18 I'm going to be such a fashionista...!

I'm also really picky and can't eat salad. At least not proper salad. I do a "Tibbles" salad which is lettuce, scrambled egg, chicken and baked beans. So I totally know where you're coming from. I've started ordering from the childrens' menu when I eat out instead of opting for salad. Smaller portions but of more awesome food. I may as well enjoy what I'm eating right?

Best of luck and super hugs to you!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:37 AM   #3  

Hi Laura!
I'm 29, 5'7" and am currently weighing in at 19 stone 2lbs!
Was 20 stone just before Christmas.
I'm at the heaviest I've ever been.
About 7 years ago I went from 17 stone to 14 stone and it was the best feeling in the world! I brought a size 16 dress from peacocks and it was amazing.
I wish I could bottle that feeling for inspiration.

On the other side of the coin, this summer just gone, I had to have a loan for £200 to go and buy summer clothes from yours clothing in a size 24 as nothing fit me anymore!

I tried to embrace the plus size me during the summer and it lasted..... Until the winter came and I realised I had hardly any winter clothes that fit me and certainly wasn't going to get into debt for being fat again so here I am!

I'm a single mum to a nearly 3 year old and the days/nights can be lonely and stressful and unfortunately food is my comfort.
I've joined the gym and busy myself by putting my daughter in the pushchair and going for long walks.
But nighttime is my downfall for binge eating.

As for inspiration, I like to say 'Thinspiration' lol.
On my phone I've got an album where I've got photos of me at my slimmest and also photos from the Internet of ladies whose figures I would love and I try to look at these every day to keep me going!

Xxxxx
Vikki1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #4  
Covered in Cat Hairs

S/C/G: 298/249.5/170

Height: 168cm

Oooh Vikkkiiiii I hope to heck I can wear a size 16 when i get to 14st! I would be on cloud 9!! The last time I wore a size 16, I was 13 years old! And it was excruciatingly embarrassing since all my friends were in size 8-10s! Now i'd consider it the best gift ever I just broke into the 240s today... bring on the 230s!
MsTibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #5  

I read something the other day like 'I wish I was as fat as I thought I was before I was fat'!
So true! I thought I was huge at school. By god I wish I could be that size now!! X
Vikki1986 is offline   Reply With Quote