Old 02-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #1  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Default 30-Somethings Weekly Chat, Feb. 7-13

So, here's our inaugural weekly chat thread!

I was pretty productive yesterday. Got a lot of errands done and finished reading a book that's been on my list for a while. I'd planned to go into work today just to try to get ahead, but wasn't feeling well and slept most of the day. Oh well. I'm feeling better now, though.

I did treat myself to lunch from my favorite Chinese restaurant yesterday, so my weight's up a little from the sodium, but otherwise doing pretty well on that end.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 309/264.6/150

Height: 5'6

Happy Monday!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. My weekend consisted of eating on mark with my calories , working out (to get more calories at first, but after I feel great, and meeting my original GW of 300. Today I weighed in at 299.6. New GW 295. Here's to another great week you guys
lionessavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #3  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Happy Monday!
I'm checkin' in at 3FC before making my way to the gym... the start of a new fitness plan. Feeling nervous - never tried a group class there before! But it's very conveniently next to work, I have no excuse!!!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #4  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Hi all!
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Superbowl Sunday consisted of lots of treats, mainly cheese, carbs, and cupcakes. I don't feel bad about it and today's a new day. Kept to my plan, meal prepped today (I'm off on Mondays), and did some stuff around the house.
What kind of plan is everyone following? Just out of curiosity...I follow WW, new plan- which seems to be ok so far.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 120/115/108

Height: 5'4''

Hi, everyone. I think I'm getting more exercise done than I planned this week. Gale-force winds again and cycling ist not fun, especially when you have to cycle against the wind.
I'm not really following a proper plan, am just trying to get a certain amount of exercise and watch what I eat (mainy avoiding the treats in between meals).
CallyMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 309/264.6/150

Height: 5'6

I'm watching calorie intake via MFP, exercising, and portion control by measuring. I suck at portion control. No scratch that..I don't suck at it, I struggle with it. Yes, that's better. Anyway, I've had trouble with going for seconds and sometimes thirds and that caused me to always be overweight and now to morbidly obese. Sounds so harsh but that is what i am, morbidly obese.

So what I'm noticing this time around, if I can eat well throughout the day and exercise, I can have a good hearty meal without going back for seconds and stay within my allotted calories of 1650 a day. I sometimes eat back some of my exercise calories and even on those day I'm averaging about 1700-1800 all around. I have not had seconds or overate since Feb 1, 2016.

I allow myself whatever as long as it's in my calories. I haven't drank yet since I began working on me again but I do drink every now and then with my husband and on these days I'm just gonna have to realize I'm going to be over on calories. That's ok, everyday is not going to be perfect and I'm NOT gonna stop living right?!
lionessavc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 01:08 PM   #7  
Which round am I at now?

I've trying regular excercise, smaller portions and eating when hungry, drinking less alcohol, higher protein/lower carb... A little more intuitive... We'll see, but so far, so good. I'm hungrier these days - due to more exercise and my cycle, probably. I've actually been trying to watch my $$ which has an interesting affect on how I take care of my body... Excercising is cheaper than going out

Cally, I love cycling. Love it. I did a great 50km ride last summer that took me a whole hour longer than anticipated because of biking opposite the wind! (I usually pad my expected times with lots of rests and "where am I?' moments.) Wind = stronger workout, I suppose? Haha

Lioness, there was a poster on this forum years ago who saig straight out that she liked big, full plates, and this just had to be apart of her plan. She successfully lost >100lbs for her wedding

fillupthesky - how did the meal prepping go? What was on the menu? I really need to set time aside for a prep day.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:00 PM   #8  
SummerRuth2013-MFP

S/C/G: 275.5/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'5

My husband and I aren't following a specific plan. We've decreased the amount of soda we drink and are drinking more water. Also, going to the gym almost every night and just generally watching what we eat (however, we don't track it). We weigh ourselves every day so we can see how what we eat affects our weight. I started January at 275.5 and ended it at 261.7 for a weight loss of 13.8 lbs. Husband started at 197.6 and ended it at 186.8 for a weight loss of 10.8 lbs
Mama_Angel_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 11:24 PM   #9  
trying to impress myself

Hey all!

Hope you all are having a good day

So inspired by everyone on here working out...I'm so so lazy. I actually used to run, but I find it to be too hard on my feet at this weight. I do have some yoga dvd's at home, and I do like them a lot. I just get so lazy...I struggle with getting motivated to exercise. But I'm going to make a conscious effort to do it 3x next week. Get into it slowly. I overthink it too much.

souvenirdarling: I made a vegan red lentil curry from the oh she glows blog, rice, steamed veggies, and zucchini pepper egg muffins for breakfast.
Meal prep has definitely kept me on track. I'll make something for lunch every week, and either something for dinner or breakfast. I try not to go too crazy and make a million complicated dishes. I also prep salads in mason jars. I know myself- I won't cook anything complicated when I get home from work, so I'll have some chicken sausage, or a sandwich, turkey burger with salad for dinner. Lunch tends to be my heaviest meal. Let me know if you want a recipe!

Mama: congrats to you and your husband! That's awesome. Cutting out soda is so hard- I don't drink soda often anymore, it was difficult to cut out.

I've found myself having more meals out this week than I wanted to, which has always been a trigger for me to overeat. Not expecting to see a loss this week on the scale, but it's ok. As long as I don't totally derail!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #10  
Which round am I at now?

Mama - props on the soda!!! I am lousy with making it to the gym, but it's improving... What's it like having your husband on board? He's supportive? Is he tough-love style?

I'm getting involved with a really fit man - a lot of his ego is tied into his looks. We have really different dietary strategies and lifestyles and I'm catching myself being REALLY sensitive when he talks about people's bodies, weights, weight loss, whatever. I haven't told him I started working out more. I'm not sure how to handle this.

fillupthesky: those jar salads are great! It's my summer strategy. I'm going to check out "oh she glows" now

Today it is around -31 degrees celsius outside with windchill. That's -24 F. I need to go out eventually for groceries and to meet some ladies for an anti-valentines drinks and snacks.

For the first time ever I finished a power-yoga DVD of mine. I've tried a few yoga classes now, but I really enjoy this style. I'm pleased!!!

Last edited by souvenirdarling; 02-13-2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:01 PM   #11  
trying to impress myself

Hey all!

How is everyone?

I had a pretty rough food weekend, in the sense that I just kinda overate. Not all the food was heavy or totally off plan, though some was and I indulged in a few glasses of wine and some chocolates. Oh well.

I meal prepped today, so that I can get myself on track this coming week. I didn't weigh in this week...I find that I do that when I have a few bad days. I know I've gained, but I feel like seeing a number I don't want to makes me feel worse and can potentially cause me to spiral. Is that weird?
In any case, I made a vegan 3 bean and pumpkin chili, and some more egg muffins, this time with spinach. I try to keep the majority of my meals meatless/vegan...I don't think I'll every fully go vegan, but I like eating a more plant based diet and having meat a few times a week versus daily.

souvenirdarling: my boyfriend is actually really fit (and I'm not), and he prides himself on his body. He works out daily..without fail. We also have very different approaches to food, in the sense that I tend to eat more whole foods and he eats a lot of crap, to be quite honest. He believes that working out is the bulk of weight loss, where I feel like diet has always been the key to me losing weight.
We've obviously discussed my own journey, and while he does get on me for not working out, he respects my process and supports me. He's never had an issue with weight, so I've had to explain my relationship with food and how that's led me to obesity. After understanding that, it put things into perspective for him and is just happy that I'm getting healthier. Though, like I said, he wishes I'd work out more. Not because he wants me to look different, per se, but because he likes to hike and do a lot of stuff outdoors that I don't have the stamina for quite yet.
Not sure if my rant sheds any light on your situation, but ultimately, if you do decide to discuss your process with him, hopefully it will just help him understand what works for you, in this moment. It also may make him think twice when talking about other people's bodies, etc.
Kudos on the yoga!