South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wet Wednesday, February 3

Wet indeed but it beats freezing rain. I was expecting and ice-covered deck but it's just wet and we are going to go up into the high 40s this afternoon. I'm sure this won't last but it's sure nice to see the snow melting. By this time last year I had a pile on my front lawn that kept me from seeing the lower windows in the house across the street.

Spent yesterday morning at a meeting that was worthwhile!!! (IMHO that is a rare occurrence around here!) We are working on planning our phase of the Perth Settlers Trek from Brockville to Perth and the logistics have not been well thought out - until now. The settlers from Scotland landed at Brockville in 1816 and trekked to Perth. Most of them walked but there were a few wagons. The wagons were pulled by oxen back then but they are hard to come by these days. They camped out along the way (it took 6 days) and nobody had thought of where they would sleep after the wagons were parked. I feel better now that the problem has been handed over to the alleged leader of the whole expedition!

Neighbour Moel came over to help me sort through a bunch of electronic stuff. He was like a kid in a candy shop! He discovered a so-called defunct Tom Tom GPS was still functioning and told us we were in Delta! That must have been a great battery. He took home a box of goodies never to be seen by me again! He'll send the rest to e-cycle. The diningroom table is looking much clearer.

This afternoon Jazz and I do Pet Therapy. I really need to do a run to Staples for paper and cartridges since I have a bunch of printing to crank out. On the other hand, my new laptop which I get on Friday may need a new printer which naturally will need a different cartridge!

Enjoy this mild day (if you have one) and here. toasting a hump-free day.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Ruth. Rain here too, better than 20 years ago when my son was born in a blizzard! Funny too I remember when I checked into the hospital I weighed 226 pounds. This morning I was 146. lol he was a big baby! I am going in early today to cover my boss being off. It's great because I get to be home with my son....well after he comes back from going to Hooters with his buddies lol.

Ruth that is great Moel is able to get electronics recycled. Have fun at pet therapy today. I'd hold off on the printer.

Happy wet Wednesday everyone
Old 02-03-2016, 08:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks.

Ruth, we have your freezing rain here. At 5:30am they delayed school, since the front was supposed to move on, but around 8 they closed for the day. So now I have a day off! The awesome thing about weather closings is I never count on them so it feels like an unexpected gift of time. I think I will still try to do a little schoolwork but I may also do some of the cleaning I ignored this weekend.

Ruth, I bet it feels good to move out some of that stuff and it always makes me feel good to find someone who can use it. I agree with Jennifer; wait on the printer supplies although I bought a new laptop last summer and it connected to my old printer with ease. We had an office store go out of business last year so I bought half a dozen printer cartridges at less than half price.

Jennifer, maybe you should contact Ripley's; seems DS may have a been a record-setting baby! Hope your work day goes smoothly; enjoy your time with DS tonight.

Me? I'm just going to pour another coffee and sit on the couch a bit longer.
Old 02-03-2016, 09:11 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today is my in office day we are back down to 30s today. I have several meetings but not too bad. Tonight DD2 has art class.

I am borrowing from a co-worker his inversion table- I have been reading good things about them and was considering buying and he offered to let us try his since he doesn't use it often at all.

Ruth I would wait but there should be no problem with your printer hooking up unless it's a really old version.

Jekel I always gained a ton of weight with all 3 of my babies

Beth yeah snow day enjoy it

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I made the commute early but not before going up and checking on the rental. The guy is not there right now and it was 0°. All was well and travel safe. I'm heading to the pool before heading to doctor appointment with my sister.

I'm with Cyndi thinking about gardening.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:53 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello Chicks It's not as warm as expected, but still warm enough for all the precipitation to be rain and the now melting. We are planning a bonfire this weekend Not much going on. We went back to the surgeon today. I'm healing exceptionally well. He recommends waiting 6 months to see the plastic surgeon, let nature do its work first. I'm in no hurry so that works for me

Time to pour a glass of wine and look at my new gardening book.
Closed Thread