Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-30-2016, 09:30 AM   #1  

Default Looking for one person like me for support and feedback.

I can lose weight no problem. But I am a serious expert at that. But one thing I have never been able to stop... my body. After a certain point... I believe my body makes physical changes (both for gain and loss) that makes it so I cannot lose weight. I clearly have set point that is too high. I have evidence for this as my last diet was medically supervised and you could see both my thyroid (TSH) and cholesterol increase once I got to about 15 weeks in the program. They stayed there until I started eating more and three months after going off, my blood tests went back to normal. I should have stopped once I saw that... but I was still losing (albeit slowly)

Its a trap. I always get to a point about 20 lbs above my goal where my metabolism is dead, and I can't lose. And, if I go back to eating reasonable calories... I gain weight fast because my metabolism is suppressed by my thyroid.

Finally, finally I found a potential solution. Actually I was introduced to it via a weight loss program at a top hospital but weirdly even though they teach it, they don't use it in their program. I suspect because they know people won't want to do it. (because it will take a while). And also I think 50% of dieters don't have this problem. I can't find one diet program that uses this so I would be largely on my own and I am looking for support and feedback from similar dieters.

Basically it is this... you lose about 10 to 15 % of your body weight, and then stop for like 4 months and eat more cals but not enough to gain. Then another 10 to 15 % and so on. Basically this makes it so your body never flips into "starvation mode". The thing is, it takes a lot of time. Studies show that within 10 to 15% of your set point, your body doesn't react. But once you lose more than that, your body starts taking measures to stop weight loss (and sometimes gain)

If this is you... and you want to try this and see if it works... please PM me.
AnnRue is offline   Reply With Quote