Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 01:43 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Tuesday!

hey Girls I'm battling lack of motivation big time but I will carry on
i will not be a fat bridesmaid or a fat bride I REFUSE
Jayne!!!!!!!!!! Congrats honey I'm so excited for you
Lori!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is the most precious Baby ever! and your mom looks too young to be a grandma

With $500 hmm responsible Kierie says PAY BILLS but I'm thinking full on makeover new hair nails eyebrows and an outfit!
off to bed
Love
Kierie
Old 08-19-2003, 01:50 AM   #2  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh with 500 dollars? I would buy new work out videos, and clothing to go with them. Have my hair done along with my nails and waxing..... a total spa package.
I can post more in a couple of days when the in laws are all gone.
Daphne
Old 08-19-2003, 09:37 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking Good Morning!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello from lurkerville. I've been lurking (and steadily gaining weight) lately. Laura, I noticed in yesterday's post, you said you were going to go back to meetings starting on Thursday. I kind of thought about doing the same, even though I so don't have the money. But, it's probably more expensive to go and buy (another) new wardrobe, especially one in sizes I don't want to stay in.

Congrats to our new mommie (Lori--I'm looking at your photo album right now), our moms-to-be (Jayne and Amber). And, since pregnancy seems to be catching, I'm going to go take a couple extra birth control pills...

Lexxy--Having no money is rough, I know. But you'll get through and things will go back to the way they used to be. As far as strange food combos go, those are my favorite meals. I really enjoy things like albacore right out of that little foil bag and Honey Comb cereal... Just stick it out, and you'll be glad you did.

OK, kiddos, here's some info that may or may not interest you--I probably won't be around much during the next couple of months. The rest of this week I will spend doing all the work that I want to get finished for the next month or so. Next week, I'll start working a few hours a day in a new temporary position. The first week in September, I'll start working nights from 8 pm-6 am and I'll do that for about a month. I will try to pop in from time to time, but don't worry about me if you don't hear from me.

Hello Kierie!!

OK, I gotta get back to work now. See ya!
Old 08-19-2003, 09:45 AM   #4  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Ladies....

Some responses from yesterday.....

Becky - Congrats on the 1lb. Thanks for your support yesterday, I KNEW I wasn't being unreasonable when I suggested building an additional room for just one piece of furniture.

Kim - can't help on the house hunting front - I built and didn't bother with a realtor. Good Luck though!

Humber - sorry you had to deal with the black-out. Sounds like you and DH had a good time though.

Lexxy - any luck searching for new housing?

KT - Congrats on making the decision to buy a house! You won't regret it. We've got 2 sets of furniture but the stuff we'll end up with is mostly from Target and mismatched. It's not practical, but I'm really ready to start buying matched "grown-up" furniture.

Lori - your daughter is gorgeous! Congratulations.

And today....

Daphne - What work-out videos would you like to get?

Kierie - you will be a beautiful bride no matter what you weigh on your wedding day - you are too fabu for any other outcome to be possible!!

Funny that everyone is talking about spa days.....I just set one up for myself in Sept. CB gave me a gift certificate for my bday that I'm using for a 90 minute massage. Plus I haven't had highlights in 6 months or a hair cut in 3 so I scheduled those. I also scheduled a manicure and a pedicure for the same day. I can't wait!!

Must work. "Hi" to Jess and Jayne and all those who will check in later.

Laura
Old 08-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - posting at same time. Don't you always have 1 or 2 months a year where you work that icky night shift? If I remember right, it really screws up your eating and sleeping schedule. Yeah, I'm going back to meetings. It is expensive but I decided that it would be worth the cost.

Laura
Old 08-19-2003, 10:28 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning! I just wanted to pop in I really have to get back to work.

Kim~ I emailed some house info.

Lori~ Beautiful baby CONGRATS!!!

Jess~ Glad you popped in. Don't worry you WILL get back on track

Kieri~ I agree you will be beautiful regardless. AND you will be surprised how motivated you get when it is cruch time before your wedding.

Laura~ Spa Day? I am sooooo jealous.

Daphne~ HI!

Jayne~ I know you are not here yet but b/c of your question yesterday and the fact that I am reading "east of eden" (and they inherit the $ from their father's estate) I obsessed in my dreams last night about what I would do with $200,000. It was such a GREAT dream Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Well back to work I go. Dh and I haven't grocery shopped so I am eating out for lunch today. I really want to splurge but I will NOT!
Old 08-19-2003, 10:42 AM   #7  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Kim~ Check your PM b/c the email didn't go through! Thanks.
Old 08-19-2003, 01:49 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls, Guess what? I found my motivation!! Don't ask me how but I did. After eating like crap for two weeks I went to WI & stayed the same so that is very very good. Life is still rough with our financial world in an upheaval but we're coping. Some other stress in my life: my boss passed away on the weekend. It was expected b/c she had cancer but still sad. I feel guilty b/c I can't go to the funeral b/c that day I'm taking a course for comtinuing education. I paid a buttload of money for it so I really can't miss it plus I need the con-ed credits. Argh.

Lori! Congrats on Sarah! Thanks for sharing the pics! Hope that you'll still be able to pop in here once in awhile.

Amber & Jayne, congrats on being pg! I wish you a healthy pg & an easy delivery!

Kier, how is wedding dress shopping coming? I did lots of my browsing online & then took the names & numbers of the dresses I wanted to the stores & then tried on only what I wanted. Just another fun way to waste time on the internet!

Welcome Humber I don't think we've had a chance to meet. Your colorful posts inspired me!

Jes you crackme up! I laughed so hard when you said you were going to take extra bc pills!

Daphne I hope that you're at least enjoying the time with your inlaws. I spent the whole weekend with mine & we had a lot of fun!

Ali any word on your cat yet? I can't believe its been 7 months since you fisrt told us about the new boy in your life! Time does fly!

Belle did you do anything fun for your anniversary? How did it go with your boss? Is the smoke any better?

Laura I was thinking maybe you should take a picture of your hutch & then see if you can find someone to build it to the right dimensions? I'm glad you get to have a spa day! I can't wait for my course this week-I'm taking TheraStone Massage where you use hot or cool rocks to perform techniches & we have to give & recieve a minimum of three treatment over the two days! I can't wait!

Kim I can't believe that your editor is telling you all about her eating when she's not following the program! I would be embarrassed. If I was you I would have a hard time not saying things about it to her!

Becky how is your book? I ordered it from the library but its not my turn yet. I hope that you're back motivated after you day at home. Those are good every once in awhile.

Welcome to jessjohnsmom, I haven't met you yet either. Glad you found us!

Lynnie, The difference in your pictures is great! You are rocking on this new lifestyle! Keep it up girl!

KT, we missed AR b/c we were out of town but luckily I discovered it on OLN on Sunday night. I can't wait for Thursday. I want Jeff & David to win. Is it jus tme or are Kelly & Jon getting along better? She doens't seem to whine as much & he doesn't seem to talk so meanly as he did near the beginning! I laughed so hard when they were driving those dune buggies! It sucks that it will be over though! I wish they would put AR5 on right after this one! Oh well at least I've still got BB4 on for awhile yet! How is house hunting going? Isn't it extremely pricey out there? Hope you're having fun with it anyway & not getting stressed!

Angie I'm glad that your move went smoothly!

Lexxy keep your chin up through your money struggles. All we can do is look ahead. We're eating everything in our cupboards too-not so fun but at least we have cupboards to turn to.

Ok who did I miss? I spent all that time reading posts from last week & that's all I could remember off the top of my head. If I missed you I'm sorry! So I'm really struggling at this second. Topday Burger King is selling whoppers for a dollar in order to show their support for the Canadian Beef Industry & it sounds like such a good deal. I need to resist though. One whopper with cheese is 19.5 points!!!! If only it would stop calling my name. Its not worth it though right? Its better to avoid it & get to my goal sooner. If only they didn't taste so good. I better go cook myself something tasty before I talk myself into BK! The bad thing is its really hot & I don't feel like heating up the house but I will b/c its worth it! It has been so hot here. We've broken records every single day for 6 days in a row. Its supposed to rain tomorrow-I hope it does but the humidity doesn't linger. Saskatchewan is generally a dry heat but this year we've got soem humidity which is hard to handle when you're not used to it. Isn't it terrible that so many people are dying from heat in Europe? I hope they get some relief soon! Anyway this is a monster MONSTER post that needs to end now! I promise I will be back sooner than later this week! Take care everyone!
Old 08-19-2003, 02:02 PM   #9  
A Yankee in Virginia

Lori: CONGRATULATIONS! She's beautiful! I'm so excited for you!

I want to catch the pregnancy bug!

Jess: We'll miss you. Try to post when you can.

Thank you all for tips on home-buying! I want to write more but my editor's been looking over my shoulder all day. I wish my computer faced a wall. I'll try and pop back in later.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:13 PM   #10  
A Yankee in Virginia

Holy long post, Rina!
Old 08-19-2003, 02:32 PM   #11  
Cockeyed Optimist

Becky - Who wrote East of Eden? You seem to be enjoying it, maybe I'll read it too.

Rina - you rock! What an excellent idea on the hutch. Also, the whopper is not worth it. Trust me, they won't quit making them any time soon and there will someday be another sale.

Kim - what is it with bosses looking over shoulders today?

Laura
Old 08-19-2003, 03:07 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI... Yes I have been lurking for 3 months. Kept myself quiet because I am not sure I really fit in. After having Kate, I haven't lost any weight. I am working on it, but it is a struggle. I just have NO time. I try to go to the gym 2-3 times a week during lunch... so I am not gaining. I can't join WW now because with 2 kids in daycare, money is very tight. Let me tell you, 2 kids are expensive.

OH... and Kate will be 4 months on the 29th and I so want another one. Hubby says no way to 3... so that makes me sad. But I know I am nuts to even be thinking about it after just having one.

Congrats to the other PG women.... and Lori. Just wanted to pop in and say that.
Old 08-19-2003, 03:18 PM   #13  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Laura~ John Steinback wrote the book and I am only about 100 pgs in (600total) but I really am enjoying it. I want to read his other books now! BTW I was so impressed by Rina's hutch suggestion too! She is awesome

Rina~ I am so glad you found that motivation. JUST SAY NO to the evil whopperl. If it helps the last time I ate one I felt SO disgusting after that it was totally not worth it. If you don't want to heat up the house go for sandwiches. DH And I will be having tuna on wheat for dinner He is SO blessed to have married such a gourmet chef I too reserved it at the library but it was taking too long so I went to wal-mart and got it for $10.

JenL~ Are you kidding me? It is so great to have you back AND YOU KNOW that you belong here! What is new? Tell us about your beautiful babies!!!

Ok gottat go just wanted to do some responding!
Old 08-19-2003, 03:18 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

JEN!!!!!!!! I've been wondering what happened to you! How are you? How's Kate? Do you have any photos you can share? And please, please come back and visit! Even if you can't join WW, you can still get encourgement here! Heck, I've been visiting this site for three years and gained and lost the same 20 pounds. So please come back often!
Old 08-19-2003, 03:42 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Lori!! Congratulations!! Oh my god, she is soooo sweet!! Looks like she's got quite the lungs- screaming pretty good!

Jen - of COURSE you fit in!! Come back!! And post some pics for goodness sake!!

Hi to Rina - welcome back.

I have to run, but I'll post properly later...

Hey - has anyone heard from Stacey lately??

B
Closed Thread