South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's The Weekend - January 23 & 24

Good morning. We have a very cold and clear morning with what looks like a full moon low in the north-west sky. Jazz woke me before 5 this morning - crying. I think he has separation anxiety and is working on me to allow him to sleep upstairs on my bed. He forgets he is supposed to be guarding the house.

Sure hope everyone in the storm area is OK and that power stayed on.

Not sure what today will bring but I am hoping to just hang out and work on niggles.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:07 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth and sleepy Beachers I'm off to run errands and have lunch with a friend today. That will make tomorrow chore day. We aren't getting anything from this storm, and only have a few inches on the ground. You won't hear any complaints from me. We had more than enough the last two years.

I've got a few things to do before heading out, so might as well get started.
Happy weekend!
Old 01-23-2016, 07:31 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Ruth and Cyndi and those to follow!

I am up enjoying a cup of coffee and it's time to pack the car up and go. My friend Laurie he's coming with us this time to take a break from all her medical stuff. We will come back Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday morning. It's cold but clear here. I hope the passes aren't too bad today. We still don't have any snow on the other side so I'll be happy to get back to that. Have a great start to the weekend everyone!
Old 01-23-2016, 07:44 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks. I've been up for a bit reading and now have my coffee.

Not sure what is up today; I know I need to get groceries, and do some laundry....

Still feeling a little under the weather healthwise, but at least the outdoor weather is sunny! Hope all the chicks impacted by the storm are safe and warm.

Cyndi enjoy your lunch.
Ruth, may you get your niggles done.
Debbie, have a safe trip.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. I'm sure Tammy is smiling watching the snowfall. It is coming down pretty hard here. Will make for a slow ride to work. I can sip coffee until 9 then I need to get ready for work. Long Island and NYC is supposed to get more than me for once. I'm backing an overnight bag just incase its too bad to drive home in. Otherwise nothing new on my end.

Debbie enjoy Laurie's company. Nice of you to take her with you. Safe travels.
Beth hope you feel better.
Cyndi we haven't used any snow days yet this year, pretty amazing.
Ruth my little protectors woukd give my bank account numbers for a pupperoni lol. I miss my pups upstairs at night, but it's safer for my old guy to be downstairs. Funny they don't seem to care where I sleep lol

Have a great day!
Old 01-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is going to be a sunny day here, getting a bit warmer. I have been watching the snow so weird how some areas get missed and other areas are getting up to 24 inches of snow.

Nothing on the agenda today other than light cleaning and finishing up laundry.

Ruth both my cat and dog would love to sleep in our bed but i don't allow but they do sometimes sleep near the bed.

Cyndi enjoy your lunch with your friend

Beth hope you feel better soon

Jekel drive safe out there.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone
Old 01-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good morning! Been up since 5 kind of putzing around reading news etc. on the Net. The moon is still hanging in and it's dark enough to see stars. It's also very cold! The furries did the quickest potty ever.

I'm starting to think that the early morning crying is because the back room is way too cold. I have been turning off the propane stove at night and the room is very chilly in the a.m. Today I will figure out the darned remote so I can keep the room more comfortable. Jazz has a thick fur coat but Miss Millie is sort of sparse so maybe he's crying for her sake.

Spent yesterday doing things sort of off and on because I was feeling a bit of tummy queasiness. Realized this morning that it was because I had finally got back to taking my diabetes meds without food. Fruit and yogurt are on today's breakfast menu. Time to get more serious after getting my last bloodwork results.

Sure hope everyone is OK after the storm and is getting shoveled out. We got nothing - just cold, cold weather.

Enjoy your day and stay safe.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:59 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

No snow here. LOL. I am sitting outside enjoying a brisk up of coffee. No puppies. They stayed in Glenwood. Call me crazy. Work early then hopefully very little as possible. Our non paying tenants had until yesterday to catch up on the rent which they didn't so these next few days should be interesting. They are supposed to be out by tomorrow midnight.on the one hand I feel bad but on the other hand we gave them every opportunity to at least take care of part of it and it never happened. Oh well.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Ruth!

It is cold here too! But we did get maybe 6" snow...not enough in our opinion! I think down near Linda they got a couple of feet! (HA! I don't have to shovel or work in it!). Jennifer, that was sweet of you thinking of me - but we had DD's free throw competition at 8:30 yesterday morning - during the heaviest of the snow - so I didn't get to watch it . Do you believe they didn't cancel?! Half the competitors didn't show up, they were probably like me, assuming it was canceled.

DD has her martial arts level test today, and that will take up a big chunk. DH is gone part of this week, so I don't have to plan as nice of dinners . His birthday is Tuesday though, so that means we get to eat out on his return!

Keep warm today, chicks!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Debbie - were these your new tenants, or ones that have been there a while? That is a shame, it stinks being the landlord, but you have to stick to your guns.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:42 AM   #11  

Good morning today is a great day!!! I am finally at goal again, actually .2 pounds under goal lol. I have been logging and even weighing foods intend to go overboard with (cheese and nuts).

Driving yesterday was miserable. You should see my work car. lol We got a foot at home, but the city got over 2 feet. Love the guys at Penn. About two hours before I left they cleaned off my car and shoveled me a path to get in. I just had to shovel out the front a little as the plow made it too high to drive through.

Ruth poor cold puppies. Mine have been sleeping with their coats on. Please make sure you eat your breakfast.

Tammy good luck to DD today.

Debbie sorry about the tenants.

Pearlrose hope you enjoy your day.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Jennifer, I was thinking of you yesterday. Sounds like those guys are sterling!
Old 01-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, chicks! No new snow here; the sun is shining on the 6 or so inches we already had.

Not much on the agenda today. A BJs run (I always need to buy more coffee!!) and then probably a nap while DH has the football game on. So far my cold hasn't morphed into anything worse; it is mostly a sore throat. I had some students who had some sort of flu this month and missed a whole week of school.

Jennifer, that was nice of the guys to shovel you out! Do you have to go back in today? DS2 said he and the guys were going out sledding last night.

Ruth, can't you teach those pups to pull up a blanket?

Tammy
, good luck to DD today!

Debbie, I would not want to be a landlord. Hope work is smooth for you and the tenants leave without any problems. DH and I once had to do an eviction on a family member!

Off to buy some more OP food. Yesterday I ate too many comfort foods, which is code for way too many carbs! Trying to reign it back in today.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:13 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Yesterday we ended up going out to eat and hit up Sam's club. I ate too many carbs yesterday so back on track today.

Supposed to be in the 40's today so I am sure most of the snow will melt today. Nothing on the agenda other than watching the x-files this evening and DD2 has Awana.

Ruth, I can not take any meds on an empty stomach or I tend to get nauseous as well.

Debbie hope things go smoothly with dealing with tenants

Tywnn glad you get to enjoy the snow, it's lovely as long as you don't have to drive to work lol

Jekel that was so nice of the guys to do that for you. Hope you don't have to drive back in today

Beth glad your sore throat is not morphing into full blown.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 01-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #15  

I am off until Wednesday yippee!!! I am getting my haircut Tuesday at a "fancy" salon that only does curly hair. My hair is in transition growing out the Japanese straightener. So I need serious help lol.....I made the appointment a month ago. I made it my goal to be at goal or I would cancel since it is very pricey. Can you tell I really wanted my haircut lol. The good thing is the recommend coming back every 4-6 months! I am very excited!!!
Closed Thread