Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2016, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default New Mom losing baby weight and more.

Hello all! My name is Ashley, I'm a 29 year old new mother to a beautiful 4 month baby boy. I just moved to a new town with my husband for his job and I honestly just am happier than I have been in a long time. I don't know why, maybe because I have everything I've ever wanted in my little family. Maybe its crazy post-partum hormones. Maybe it's because I finally have the opportunity to actually stop working and stay home and take care of my sweet baby. What ever it is I'll take it lol.

The only thing i'm not happy about is my weight. I've always struggled with my weight. From over eating to starving my self... I've done it all. I've even been here on this forum several years ago. At my smallest I was 113 lbs, which was incredibly thin even on my 5' frame and at my highest when I had my son I was 251 lbs. I'm currently sitting at 223 lbs. I can't believe I'm over 200 lbs, i honestly never imagined I would get this big. It's okay though, i feel like i'm in the healthiest mindset ever to get this weight off.

I have a few obstacles in this. I was diagnosed with pcos when I was trying to get pregnant, which took 15 months, not as long as a lot of people take so I'm grateful for that. Though it was hard on my system because I was on a lot of different hormones and fertility drugs. I piled on at least 30 lbs in the whole process. I'm also breastfeeding now, which so many people say helps you lose weight... but not me. I dropped 20 lbs of water weight in the first few weeks after birth and have lost very little since then. Apparently only a lucky few lose weight from breastfeeding lol. That means though that I definitely can not fall back on my usual "diet" aka not eating. I have to keep my supply up to feed my son, which means I need to eat enough calories in the day to maintain that supply.

So I started new years day with working out ( so far 30 minutes 5 days a week on the elliptical, hard to find more time than that with an infant, but I'm working on it) and weight watchers. I chose weight watchers because they do have plans for nursing mothers, and that is very important to me. My goal weight is 130 lbs. I actually weighed that 4 years ago and I just felt very happy with my body at the time and it didn't feel impossible to maintain. Ironically even though I look awesome at 130lbs, It is still considered overweight. I hate bmi charts lol.

Anyways I just wanted to (re)introduce myself and say hi to all of you! I am looking forward to this journey with you all! I'm hoping to get to my goal weight by new years next year, but I realize that if i do this healthily it may take longer than that. I can be patient for my health. I would also love any advice from any mothers who have had success losing weight with a new little on or while breastfeeding!
Sinderhella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:00 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Sinderhella! I have no advice for a nursing mother, but welcome back!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:15 PM   #3  

Thank you!
Sinderhella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/157/120

Height: 5'0"

Hi! I have a 5 year old and 17 month old and am still working on the baby weight from the 2nd one. I'm also 5ft tall and can completely relate with how hard it is to lose weight with the miniscule amount of calories our bodies require when compared to taller people.

Best of luck with Weight Watchers! I use the LoseIt! app on my phone to track calories and have been very successful with that in the past. I just always find it so hard to get motivated to really stay on track when I've been off track for awhile.
emurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/320/180

Height: 5 foot 6

Hi Ashley I am also Ashleigh with a 4 month old LOL I totally understand about not having the time really for eating or being able to exercise with an infant. Good luck!
Ashleighbenson is offline   Reply With Quote