Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Weigh in at home 8/18-824

Hi everyone.

Hope you all had good weekends. Judy, how was it waking up this morning knowing that not only were you not going to the bank today, you weren't going ever again? Are you getting excited about school starting?

I had a pretty good weekend. We went to Famous Dave's (it's a chain here, don't know if they're out east or in Canada) and even though we had BBQ, it worked out pretty well. We ordered the family dinner and I found I ate a lot less that way. Probably has something to do with not having a plate of food in front of me that I felt compelled to finish. Yesterday was good too. The sneak peek this morning was truely awful, but I haven't been getting the water in, so I'll be guzzling over the next two days.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 08-18-2003, 07:26 PM   #2  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All...only have a moment...Mike's mom had a fall at the nursing home on Saturday and has a massive closed head injury, she went out to the hospital for CT scans etc, they decided there's nothing to be done, and we elected to have her return to her "home" to be kept comfortable...so we're doing the bedside vigil & I'll be spending the next couple of days learning how not to get massively ripped off when arranging a funeral. Hope to get back here before the week is through. Please think good thoughts for us.
Karen
Old 08-18-2003, 10:10 PM   #3  

Karen - I'm so very sorry to hear about Mike's mom. I know it must be a very rough time for you and Mike. Please know that I will be thinking of you both.

Carla - Way to go on doing well at the bar-b-que place. I'm glad to hear that the interviews went well and it seems like it would be a good place to work (even though you haven't quite reconciled with the idea of going back F/T).

I had a good weekend - fun-wise - the old camp reunion was really lovely - it's so nice when you meet people again after 30 years and they are as wonderful as they were years ago. Foodwise I was OK - didn't do any formal exercising but did a lot of walking at camp yesterday. As far as waking up today and not going into that awful place, yes, it was wonderful when I got a chance to think about it. You see, we woke up at 6:30 this morning to find out that we had lost power again - this time they said it was because of severe thunderstorms (which stopped at 8:00 pm last night!) To make a long story short, we didn't get power back for 13 hours. Thankfully, it wasn't too hot today and we have the generator so we didn't lose any food. Our town was one of the last to get the power back. The outages were really sporadic - not even our whole town was out.

Tony and I played tennis this morning and are planning to do the same tomorrow morning. It's been a good low point food day and I even picked up my knitting again tonight. Hopefully that will help my absolutely horrendous sneak peek this morning.

Take care,
Judy
Old 08-19-2003, 01:16 PM   #4  

Hello all.

Karen - I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. I'm sure this is hard on all of you, and especially Mike's dad. Please know that you'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Judy - Ouch, another power outage. Good thing for the generator. I'm glad to hear you had a nice time at your camp reunion. I'm with you on the horrendous sneak peek. Hate that.

Nothing much new here. Had a good day yesterday, but struggled to get in the water. Consequently my rings are still tight and the sneak peek was still bad. Not sure yet what I'll do about weighing in tomorrow. I'll decide then, I guess.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 08-19-2003, 05:30 PM   #5  

Carla - way to go on the good day yesterday. Guzzle, guzzle, guzzle! I'll be thinking watery thoughts for you!

I had a good day yesterday - I snacked a bit at night after pickin gup my knitting but still stayed within points. Tony and I played tennis again in the morning today which was fun but we didn't last as long because it is more humid today. Well, I'm now registered for my first course towards my M.S. in Ed/Literacy! They had a registration services day this afternoon - I met with 2 advisors (childhood ed and literacy), got the lowdown on the program and signed up for a first course that starts in September. I'll be officially applying for matriculation in the spring, but I'm glad I'm starting. I also took 2 seminars today (online) that are req'd by NY State (Identification and Reporting of Child Abuse and Violence Intervention and Prevention) for certification - so I am really on my way!

Have a great one! (Karen - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family)

Judy
Old 08-20-2003, 11:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'6"

Good morning ladies,

I am sorry I haven't been in touch. The kids and I took a last minute trip to visit my mom in Los Angeles. It was crazy and fun. I have to admit I didn't even attempt to stay on program (WW or SBD). My mom's house always has cookies, good ones, and I have no will power. Good news is I somehow didn't gain. How I don't know But I got back on track yesterday.

I haven't had a chance to go back and read all the messages/posts that I missed, but wanted to get on here to remind myself what I am doing.

Carla, were you offered the job?

Judy, How exciting signing up for classes. This is the time of year when I realize that I miss teaching.

Karen, Know that my prayers are with you and your family. My God be with all of you.

Anne
Old 08-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Judy - Yay for having a good day yesterday and yay for getting registered for a class and for doing the on-line programs. You're on your way! We're heading for more heat and humidity out here - it must be moving from east to west. I'm not looking forward to it.

Anne - Welcome back and congrats on your maintain! You must have stayed active during your trip and I'm sure you did more good things, food-wise, than bad. Good habits do start to get ingrained. I won't know about the job until mid-to-late September.

Karen - I'm thinking of you and your's.

I didn't weigh myself again today. I don't like skipping 2 weeks in a row, but I just couldn't face a water weight gain. However, on the good news front: Yesterday while we were in Target getting Ana's school supplies (yes, it makes me a bit teary), I picked up a Walkman for myself and today - don't faint from the shock and surprise, girls - I laced up my sneakers and took my big old butt for a walk. Yep a nice 28 minute walk. And you would have thought I had run a marathon the way I was dragging myself out there. It didn't much energize me - in fact I just took a long nap (but that has more to do with a few nights of not so great sleep)- but it sure did feel good. Stay tuned tomorrow for another episode of "Will she really get moving again?"

Later.

Carla
Old 08-20-2003, 11:44 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...they mean a great deal to me. We are spending most of our time at MIL's bedside, and went today to purchase her burial plot. I've never had anything to do with arranging a funeral, I think it's shameful, some of the sales pressure that goes on in the business. Anyway, we came away unscathed.

Judy, I'm so pleased that you're underway with your master's!

Anne, so glad to hear from you...I was wondering where you might have gotten to.

Carla, LOL re the walk...will she, or won't she???... good for you!!!

I can't begin to guess how much I'll have gained by the time we get through this little episode...life is one long round of sitting, wandering to the vending machine for lack of anything else to do, and getting takeout from local eateries. Blech. Oh well. Hopefully by this time next week life will be normal again.

I'll get back here when I can.

Old 08-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #9  

Hi all.

Karen - Lots of {{{hugs}}} to you. Planning a funeral is so hard. We went through the process with John's dad. John took care of getting a plot when it was apparent that death was inevitable and then when he died, we helped with the casket purchase, etc. We were fortunate in that the funeral home in our town was very above-board and respectful - no high pressure sales tactics. I can't imagine what it must be liked to have to deal with sales pressure. Anyway, don't fret about your weight. Just try to get some healthy food in you one way or another. Hang in there.

I haven't been out for a walk today - it's a gazillion degrees out with about 300% humidity. I'm thinking outside isn't a great place to be. It's supposed to cool off this evening, so maybe then.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 08-21-2003, 08:09 PM   #10  

Anne - glad to hear that your trip was fun. That's great news that you didn't gain - maybe you did a lot of walking or maybe, because you weren't worrying about food, you ended up doing well - in any case, way to go on getting back on track. Good to have you back!

Carla - way to go on getting that walk in, especially with the heat and humidity. Hey, this weather takes it out of you but even if it didn't energize you, you felt good about yourself and that's great! Yes, I say that if I tune in, I will see another episode of "Carla gets moving" - I *KNOW* you will make it a habit this time! YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

Karen - Sigh, I'm so sorry that your family is going through such a rough time {{{{HUGS}}}}} Yes, it is shameful that one has to be subjected to sales pressure for funeral arrangements. This is not a time when you can easily stay OP - don't beat yourself up about (and it sounds like you're not so that's good). Maybe you can try to get a bunch of water in - getting the water will also "keep you busy" and it will also fill you up. Pleas eknow that we are thinking of you and your family. {{{{{MORE HUGS}}}}}}

I had a good day yesterday and that was after an upsetting visit to the vet - all the kitties are OK, it's just that Max is a very tough cat when it comes to the vet - he came out of the carrier hissing, growling and scratching so much that they had to give him a little tranquilizer in order to proceed with his check-up. I felt badly for the little guy - he's really such an affectionate cat. Anyway, when we got back home, I had to still keep him in the carrier so I brought him downstairs while I did a strength workout. Tony picked up Anthony and brought him to the pool - when Max was OK enough to be let out (just into the bedroom - he wasn't allowed food or water yet), I joined them at the pool and we had a great time. Anthony is making great progress in his swimming which he loves. Hewent into the deep water (5 feet) for the first time and swam the width of the pool twice! We had pizza for dinner and I only had one bite of his leftovers so that's better than I've done in the past. I stayed within points in the evening too. Today was the first of two staff development days for all the TA's- it's a lecture on Applied Behavioral Analysis. The new TA session is just 3 hours on Monday - I have a feeling most of the training will be on the job! No exercise today - I'm giong to try to get up 20 minutes early tomorrow and get a short yoga session in - I need the stretching after the weight workout yesterday!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 08-22-2003, 01:39 PM   #11  

Hi all.

Judy - Sorry to hear that Max had a rough trip to the vet. Luigi doesn't much like going, but he tends to just cower. Trotski - well Trotski didn't like it either and he often showed his displeasure via bodily functions. Never a fun trip, but the staff always took it in stride. Ana is a water baby too - she loves to be in it. I think next summer we'll have her take lessons at the local pool. Good for you for doing well with the pizza and not eating Anthony's leftovers - that's a big danger area for me too. How old will the kids you're going to work with be?

I had an ok day yesterday. No walk, though - it was just too hot. Today the weather is a bit better, so maybe I'll get out there with Ana. No particular challenges coming up this weekend. We're going to the music park on Sunday, but this time I'll have time to pack our own food, so that should work out ok.

Have a good day and a terrific weekend.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:56 PM   #12  

Carla - this heat really does take it out of you, doesn't it? I did a video workout this afternoon after I got back from Staff Development day #2 but only after I sat in the a/c for a half and hour. The kids I'll be working with are third grade - so I guess they are 8 goingon 9??

I had a rough night last night - don't know why but when Tony brought out some snacks, I was on them. I had the activity points but it didn't help my sneak peek this morning. Staff Development day #2 was interesting - but also informative in that some of us newbies questioned some of the returning TA's and it looks like no matter what they tell us newbies during Monday's 3 hour session, most of the training will be on-the-job, learn as you go, search out the info yourself kind of thing. Not exactly what I'm used to but I'm going to do my best. One of the things I'm realizing is that my whole "usual day schedule" will change - when I exercise, when I get on the computer (since I won't be on at all during work), etc. Maybe those changes will help be stay OP - I've been on the computer this evening (my first chance all day) and it has certainly kept me from snacking!

Have a great weekend!
Judy
Closed Thread