Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 10:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default TFL - August 18, 2003

Hi everyone!

The humid temps have finally broken and both yesterday and today are perfect summer days. I'm planning on taking advantage of the situation by getting out for a nice walk over the lunch hour.

I've been working really hard at staying within my points and not snacking in the evening. It's really tough when you've gotten away from it. I've been going to bed rather than eating a snack that I don't really want/need in the first place. I'm actually looking forward to the kids getting back to school and getting back onto a schedule of sorts. Summer has been rough this year with all the weddings, travel, etc. Time to get serious and get rid of this excess baggage!

How was everyone's weekend? I didn't do what I had planned on with the exception of getting DS #2's school supplies. Hard to believe that school starts next week.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #2  

A well rested Weight Watcher is a sign of someone who's run out of Points!

I had a pretty decent weekend. Got in my usual activity. It was horribly warm yesterday, and I spent much of the afternoon lying on the living room floor in front of a big box fan. Oy.

I can't wait for the early morning low clouds and fog to return. Ah, my kingdom for autumn weather!! (such as it is in SoCal, anyway....)
Old 08-19-2003, 03:28 AM   #3  

Gruss Gott!

This country continues to amaze us at every turn. Yesterday, for example, we didn't have anything planned but in early afternoon decided we'd visit a nearby mountain gorge and a town about 40 minutes away. The town turned out to be a spa mecca (for the fabulously rich no doubt) close to thermal springs. It wasn't beautiful enough with the waterfall running through the centre of town, but as we were walking back to the car after dinner, we came across the Johann Strauss Symphony Orchestra from Salzberg giving a free concert. This does not happen in Canada.

I managed to weigh myself a few days ago and am up only .4 lbs, so the exercise seems to be balancing the added calories

Glad to hear you're getting relief from the heat Melissa. Scoutruns, remember that fall is just around the corner and hang in there. We experienced an impressive mountain-style thunder and lightning storm two nites ago, complete with torrential downpour. That's cooled things down a little.
Old 08-19-2003, 08:37 PM   #4  

Scoutruns: We had a couple of days of cooler temps but the heat & humidity are coming back tomorrow. *sigh* The forecasters are saying it's only going to last a couple of days. I don't like the humidity part; it really puts a damper on my walking outdoors.

Susan: It sounds like you're having a wonderful time! How wonderful to be able to hear the symphony giving a free concert! You don't find that in these parts either! Enjoy!

I've been diligently writing everything down in my journal and have been drinking my water. I'm hoping for a loss at the scale tomorrow but if my home scale is any indication I haven't budged. I told my leader this evening at work that I've put a lot of effort into this past week and hope to be rewarded at the scale tomorrow--I promised I wouldn't throw a tantrum if it didn't We'll see. I can never really judge by my home scale so I really shouldn't be getting on it.

Hi to Domina! Hope everyone is doing well. I'll update as to how things go at my meeting.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:53 PM   #5  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

I'm back from London and I'm bushed. I spent most of the weekend doing a garden renovation for my aunt. It was mostly maintenance and a lot of pruning. I ended up getting a trolley from the local superstore nearby and schelping bark and compost home. The best thing was when the neighbor's husband offered to take me to get the really bulky stuff. That would have been really interesting with a trolley.

Needless to say, it looks alot better and I will just have to do the bulbs and prune the trees in November.

The best part was that I really didn't have time to snack.

Susan -- sounds like your trip is fabulous and weather is getting cooler. Thank goodness.

Melissa -- I am still hiding Back to school ads from DP. She hates them. Final in stats is tomorrow, then she's off for six weeks. I take it you may have been affected by the power outage?

Scoutruns -- Hiya.

Domina -- Hiya too.

gotta split and look busy.

lala
Old 08-21-2003, 09:00 AM   #6  

Good morning!

Lala: Welcome back! Sounds like you've been busy working in the yard. My tomatoes are finally starting to ripen and before long I'll be canning. I just love fresh tomatoes! Last evening I threw together a pasta salad with fresh basil, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, mozzarella cheese & balsamic vinegar.

Susan: Hope the weather is cooling off for you and that you're enjoying yourself!

Domina: Hi!

It's supposed to be a 3H day here (hazy/hot/humid) with temps near 90 and then cooling off tomorrow. I've been doing really well with my journal and tracking everything. I posted a small loss yesterday (.6) and I wasn't all that happy with it since I was so diligent with portions, walking, etc. I'm hoping the loss will show up next week. New program rolls out on Sunday so the masses of members will be coming in to get the new info. We have our last wedding on Saturday (thank goodness) and then school starts next week.

So how's everyone else holding up? Any major weekend plans?
Old 08-21-2003, 01:30 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Hi Melissa --

Count me in as a show up on Monday member. I am curious about the new program. However, I have more international travel coming up, so I'll see if I"m up to it.

Stay cool. I can say that HHH is not a nice combo.

No major plans -- going to see cirque du soleil on friday night and a wedding of a school chum (young one) on saturday. My, they grow up soo soon. Sniff.

I think I'll spend the rest of the time making jam and organizing.

lala
Closed Thread