Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 11:49 PM   #1  
I can and will do this!

S/C/G: Goal is to reach 170

Default January Daily (as much as possible) Accountability

This starts January 1st!
Thank you shan84 for being such a good and supportive friend!
Let's make this a great first month, one of many to follow!
Checking back in January 1st!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:01 PM   #2  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Happy 2016 healthy!

Today's plan:
Water: Half my weight in ounces
Exercise: Pilates
Breakfast: 2 egg omelette w/ mushrooms and onions cooked in olive oil, butter mixed in when done cooking
Lunch: 1 chicken breasts w/ 1 cup brocolli w/cheese and butter
Dinner: Chicken quarter w/ 1 cup fried cabbage and tomato

Note: My goal and info that I just realized is I MUST be careful of my protein consumption because when I eat too much I show a gain on the scale. I need to always remind myself its a high fat, moderate protein, low carb WAY OF LIFE.
Old 01-01-2016, 12:15 AM   #3  
I can and will do this!

Still 3 hours and 35 minutes until 2016 but decided to post.
Today 12/31 I craved something sweet. I made low carb truffles in the food processor by using almonds, cocoa powder, coconut oil and splenda. Total carbs for the day above 20 (more like 28) today but still stayed on track overall and am OK with that.
I am going to post my weight here, as well.

Plan for January 1st, 2016:
SW ( will come back and put it in when I wake up tomorrow which will be 1/1)
water, coffee
2 eggs omelet with mushrooms, bell pepper
Roasted chicken with broccoli
Sausage patty with cucumber
I swear I am not copying your menu hahahaha It's what I have bought recently and have in the fridge, at the moment.
Exercise: 10,000 steps
I hate exercising with a passion. I am fully aware of how beneficial it is. I feel fantastic when I am done but I hate it.
I LOVE walking outdoors though which is not possible right now where I live. So, the treadmill it is.
I can and easily do walk 8 to 10 miles a day when traveling and visiting other places. I love walking while admiring the city I am in or the nature trails, etc. This summer I did that a lot while traveling around the world.

Too much protein issue
Shan, I just read that too much protein turns to glucose since the body can't process it. It sure makes sense! I have had a hard time with eating too much meat in the past and gaining weight, just like you. I also must remember that higher fat, moderate protein is the way to go.

Getting to know one another
How do you like China?
How long have you lived there for?
Are you planning on living there forever?
What do you do for a living?
What other goals do you have for 2016?
Please ignore my questions if they are annoying. I am just trying to get to know one another better without giving too much away for possible weird readers or personal stuff.

I am a teacher and I live in Alaska.
You know, something else I decided to do is plan my outfits for work for the whole week. I feel that - at times - I am too tired and busy with life/work "stuff" and don't make good use of the nicer things I have.
I also want to use more of my jewelry (nothing fancy or expensive) and make an effort to look nicer. It might sound totally superficial and trivial but I do believe that it would help with my self-image as I work on losing weight.
Other goals for 2016:
Be more consistent with skincare.
Take vitamins daily.

Other plans for the day:
House chores, reading, maintaining focus on my goal and healthy eating habits. I sure like the house all clean before I have to go back to work. I am tackling bigger jobs now like organizing, etc. It's so much easier to maintain it!
Hubby is good at helping around the house!

All right, enough for now.
I will check in back tomorrow morning.
Chat soon!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-01-2016 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:13 AM   #4  
MeTime

Heathy, loved reading your post!

So much details to sort thru. So it's 3pm on the 1st here and I am doing great on plan. Still need to get in my pilates today but too cold right now to deal with it. I would love to answer your questions, p.s. did you know we are both teachers?

How do you like China? It has good points and bad points. Most days the good wins out. My husband also enjoys living here. It provides us the opportunity to run a business back home in Ghana where my husband is from, and I also make more here teaching than I would back in my home state of Arizona.
How long have you lived there for? We have been here for four years already and I see many more ahead I'm sure, unless I can snag a job in Dubai that I would die for!!
Are you planning on living there forever? Not forever here in China, but living internationally forever yes. We don't think its worth going thru to hassle of the visa situation to the USA (We would have to live apart for one year just to do it per the rules between the USA and Ghana===and that is not something we want to deal with). I've been living internationally for 7 years already and he has been for these 4. So, I don't see us ever settling in America. If anything, we will maintain a home in Ghana and always work abroad if the jobs are there.
What do you do for a living? I'm a teacher like you! I got my BA and MA in Arizona and then upon graduation decided the pay rate was way too low and I love travel so I decided to give international teaching a try. Here I am 7 years later and still loving it (although I did take a year off and stay in the states in 2011-2012). I love living internationally. My husband and I actually met here in China of all places. If I wasn't an international teacher I never would have met him.

What other goals do you have for 2016?
Lofty ones hahaha. Ok, on my weight loss goals I want to hit 225lbs by this time next year, OR, I want to start our family. Whichever comes first I'm ok with. I have been doing atkins extended induction for my 97lb loss and I know when we start trying for a family I can't do induction but I have to be in the maintenance phase which are all foods I haven't touched for more than a year so that makes me nervous. We likely won't start trying to get pregnant til the summer of 2016 so that gives me a bunch of time to continue on my extended induction and start a transition into owl before getting prego. For other goals, I totally agree with you on that I need to put some more effort into my outward appearance. I tend to never wear make up or jewelry or fuss much about my clothes, but the more weight I lose the more I find myself wanting to try on those clothes buried in my closet that I bought thinking "Someday I can wear these"... I also want to sort out exercise this year for myself. I refuse to join a gym here because of how I'm treated there so I tend to workout at home or walk outside. But it's so darn cold here right now its AWFUL to walk outside. So those are goals to start the year. Maybe they will shift as the year goes on.

So, I feel like I just wrote a bit of a book...my bad. Haha.

Your turn!

What is it like living in Alaska?
What's your favorite part about teaching?
How long have you been teaching?
Any goals for 2016 as a family (you and your husband)?

Last edited by shan84; 01-01-2016 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 03:56 PM   #5  
I can and will do this!

Oh my gosh, shan 84!
My turn to say and mean every word: LOVED reading your post!
Happy New Year!
It's fun to get to know each other.
How exciting to have a baby at some point!
I wish you the best of luck and I know you can reach your weigh loss goals (and family goals). I mean, look at you: you are the picture of determination! Seriously!

The nitty gritty first
1/1 SW 248
No more low carb truffles for me and less protein, for sure. Yesterday I was 246 and today 248. Ouch!
I made mayo again and had some with a chicken leg.
I had black coffee.
Will follow the menu as posted yesterday for the rest of the day and get my bum on the treadmill later on.

Fun Stuff
Wow, how awesome that you get to combine your profession with your love for traveling. We are very much alike when it comes to enjoying traveling. I love it. This past summer we went to 10 different countries: a combo of cruising and independent travels. We are big time planners, smart financially and find the best deals. We plan at least a year in advance.
I haven't been to Asia yet but it is on our "bucket list".
You know, if I were single, I would absolutely consider teaching abroad. We even discussed as a couple and even looked into it. Dubai is a great choice: no taxes and high salaries. I would totally do it later in life.
When and if we ever contemplate this possibility I would love to ask you some
questions.
What a cool and beautiful story about meeting your hubby there and having a life together abroad!
How is life in Alaska?
Life here is wonderful. To me it is very important to love the area I live in.
I could never live in the dessert permanently (temporarily like Dubai would work but much later in life). I have tall mountains all around, see the ocean, trees and greenery (which I love). The economy is good, better that many areas in the lower 48. My teacher pay is much higher than most areas in the lower 48 with the exception of NY (though cost of living is prohibitive there).
I would like to live in a warmer climate like Hawaii or Caribbean but cannot live on the teacher pay and maintain our lifestyle (we just love to travel). We are not big spenders or big rollers, just middle class hard working people who enjoy traveling and a few other healthy habits (theater,etc).
Pros: scenery, economy, beauty all around, lots of undeveloped land.
Cons: Weather, long winters, darkness, driving conditions, higher prices for food (higher cost of living, in general)
Favorite part about teaching
I teach Kindergarten and I LOVE it. I love the little ones, how incredibly sweet they are, how they absorb everything you teach, how they love school and want to learn. I love working with them and their families. I truly, truly love them and work hard to do what is best for them academically. I love seeing where they start academically and how very proficient they are by the end of the year: from not knowing letters and sounds to reading. Pretty awesome!
I am a life long learner: love learning new things al the time!
How long I've been teaching for
I have a BA and a Master's degree and have been teaching kindergarten for 7 years. How funny, same as you (degrees and teaching for the same amount of time)!
Additional goals
Personally: fit in a swimsuit and feel good about it.
Ultimate goal is to be 165 which is healthy for my height.
Family goals: make more great memories, travel and bond.

What grade do you teach or do you have multi-age classes?
What is your favorite place/spot (internationally)?
What a pain in the bum: the immigration rules regarding US and Ghana!
What do you miss most about US?
Do you keep in touch with family in the US?
Did you learn Chinese?
Do you speak other languages?
hahaaha too many questions………..

Have a super day!
PS: How do you private message here? I have some teaching related things/ideas to share and don't want to do it here…..
Chat later

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-01-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:18 AM   #6  
MeTime

Awesome read. First thing's first, today's plan:
Exercise: 45 minute walk
Brunch: 3 egg omelette w/ mushrooms and red onion, w/ butter and cheese
Dinner: 4oz chicken breast and a bowl of cauliflower mash (salt/pepper, butter, cheese)

Also, to private message me just click on my username and it will give you options and one says send a message.

Ok to continue our conversation...
What grade do you teach or do you have multi-age classes? I teach secondary English, UK curricula though so IGCSE English as a Second Language and AS level English as a First Language.
What is your favorite place/spot (internationally)? I love traveling so much so I have favorites for different things but overall, hands down, my favorite is Thailand and the Philippines. I'm actually heading with my husband to the Philippines in three weeks for our month long winter holiday and I cannot wait I'm so excited.
What do you miss most about US? Really the only thing I miss in the USA are time with friends and family.
Do you keep in touch with family in the US? Absolutely. We use skype, facebook, and wechat (a free texting service).
Did you learn Chinese? I'm awful with languages. I'm more likely to use my cell phone to translate something for me when I really need to. My husband is the complete opposite. He's fluent in like seven different languages, one of them being Mandarin Chinese which he learned when he moved here. So a lot of the time I just rely on him translating or my phone. Haha.
Do you speak other languages? Nope. I took French in high school and college but don't remember any of it now. I picked up a bit of Korean when I lived in South Korea, but really just the same amount that I have done with Chinese. Enough to order food, give a taxi driver directions, etc. Haha.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! I downloaded some more fitness dvds that I plan to try out this weekend.
Old 01-02-2016, 08:28 AM   #7  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

my plan is is need to plan.....that is my biggest issue. Dh makes breakfast but my work I hours and stress vary so I can come home and want to cook or want beer and pizza. Lunch is hit or miss...meetings with food provided or during hours when I should eat.

b...2 eggs, 2 bacon
l...chick/zuch
d...salad with chick

100oz water - 4 bottles

exercise - 4 miles boost, 20 dvd
Old 01-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #8  
I can and will do this!

Welcome smith1313!
Happy New Year to you
Glad to "see" you here with us!
You are so right: planning is key for me, too. I especially have to plan for the work week otherwise I am tempted to eat crap for lunch. I also have to take dinners with me when I have late school functions.

Hi shan84!
I sent you a message.
How cool that you get a whole month off and get to go the Philippines!
So your vacations are based on local holidays, right?
How much time off do you get in the summer?

Gosh, my hubby and I looked at a cruise out of Australia going to Asia and ending in Thailand. Dates are tricky for me due to the US school year schedule.
Oh well, one day………I am a very optimistic person!
What do you plan on doing in the Philippines?
Sight seeings, beach time, just relaxing and enjoying?

You know, there is nothing wrong with google translate but it sure is nice to have your hubby fluent in so many other languages.
hahaha jumping from one topic to another……"squirrel"!!
YESTERDAY
Yesterday I had another day on plan and walked on the treadmill for 3.5 miles which - together with walking around the house - led to just over 10,000 steps.
TODAY
CW: 247.5
Foods: I made an omelet with 2 eggs,meat (1 hamburger patty), 3 mushrooms and 2 cups of spinach. Total carbs 8g.
Coffee (black)
I am not sure what I will have for dinner (lots of options): probably broccoli and cheese with either 2 bacon strips or a sausage link.
Exercise: 10,000 steps (which means I will get on the treadmill soon)

Have a great day and weekend!
Will check back in tomorrow!

Last edited by futurehealthyme; 01-02-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:28 PM   #9  
I can and will do this!

Positive thought for the day!

God, give me patience and willpower!
I understand that I didn't gain the weight in a couple of days/weeks/months and I should not expect to lose it overnight.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:28 AM   #10  
MeTime

Perfect positive thought for the day healthy.

Welcome smith1313!

I'll get around to messages later but for today I'm going to be a creature of habit.

Exercise: 10,000 steps
Brunch: 3 egg omelette w/ mushrooms, red onion, salt/pepper, butter, cheese
Dinner: Chicken breast w/ caulimash
Old 01-03-2016, 09:55 AM   #11  
not looking back

thanks shan!!

yesterday didn't go as planned, we left the house to go 'look' at a car and was back about 8 at night. I did get salad for lunch but it was sweet so I knew it had sugar in it but was a good girl and drank all my water and got 'goal' on my garmin. I scarfed down a sonic cranberry/sprite and 2 corndogs late into the night but finally drove that beautiful dodge challenger home

I did sit down and plan to a six week interval that I will to start today...
Old 01-03-2016, 12:38 PM   #12  
I can and will do this!

Hi shan84 and smith1313!
smith1313, I am sorry you had a challenging day in terms of foods but good job planning for the 6 weeks ahead (interval)
Also, congrats on getting the new car!

shan84,
I have to try the calimash. It sounds so good!

Yesterday
I had a great day on plan with eating (was actually at less than 20 g of carbs).
For dinner, I had half a pork steak and 10 small radishes.
I didn't walk on the treadmill at all and only got about 4600 steps in.
I bought meaty bones and made bone soup for tomorrow.

Today
CW: 245.4 (2.1 down - yay, the right direction)
Foods: omelet with hamburger patty, mushrooms, spinach
bone soup, cheese sticks
remaining half pork steak and radishes
Yep, I tend to eat the same foods, many, many times.
Water, coffee (black)

Apple Cider Vinegar
You might think it's gross, but I like apple cider vinegar in my water.
I know it's really healthy anyway and I make sure I don't overdo it.

I have to plan and prep my lunches for the week and even one dinner due to a late evening schedule.

Have a great day, Ladies!
Old 01-03-2016, 10:30 PM   #13  
MeTime

Hope you all had a great day. I'm seeing fab movement on the scale this week and TOM is just now arriving. Hope I can lose this week instead of gain. Yesterday was totally on plan although I didn't get those steps in all the way.

Today's plan:
Brunch: 3 egg omelette w/ mushrooms, red onion, green peppers, salt/pepper, butter, cheese
Snack: 2 boiled eggs
Dinner: Beef strips fried with cabbage and tomato
Old 01-04-2016, 08:48 AM   #14  
not looking back

b - 2 eggs, bacon
l - salad
s - turkey sausage sticks/cheese
d - stuffed chick, broccoli

4 mile walk/20 min burn

goal 10,000 steps
Old 01-04-2016, 05:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 252/221.8/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I'm new to this - so this is amazing to read about.

I'm traveling for work this week so that's tough. We had snowmageddon overnight and I had to cab to the airport. Starbucks was out of protein boxes, which put me off plan for breakfast as it was the only place iwth a carb free option at 6AM.

Lunch - tuna, veggies, ranch dressing

dinner - TBD, probably something chickeny and ceasar salad.

I did stop by the grocery store and pick up cheese strings, tuna, romaine and salad dressing so there are snack worthy options without hitting too many restaurants and my offices while I travel have kitchens.

I've already done 5525 steps today which beats most days, but I'm going to hit the treadmill and do my core workout when I get to the hotel. The treat will be hot tub time in the snow - how lovely!
Closed Thread